ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quickest Standard Cup

At Crail yesterday I ran a 14.65 at 95mph. My Cup is 100% standard with 5k on the clock. There was no back seats out, no tyre preasures reduced - all exactly how it gets run every day. Is this the quickest standard Cup?

It ran a couple of 14.6 and a few 14.7s.

Times can be viewed at:

http://www.crailthrash.co.uk/http://www.crailthrash.co.uk/

then look for Stevie Mac Clio.

Any runs over 15s were the ones that I had a passenger on board.

Mac

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Id say well done, but Crail aint got the best reputation for times...

My Cup ran 15.0secs dead at Santa Pod last summer, totally 100% standard, only 1250 miles on the clock, first time Id run it and on a f*cking hot day! :cool:

There was nothing removed from the car, in fact I had a load of heavy stuff in the boot too (VTEC Abuser can confirm), so wont have helped my times.

The last time I ran mine with 1800 miles on, the quickest I could run was 15.2 at 92mph. The car is getting quicker.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Mac,

Checked tyres when I got home cause was wheelspinning to fook that day, front right 34PSI (correct) front left 20PSI !

No wonder I almost lost it on a corner on the way up !

Mine ran mailto:14.7@94.6">14.7@94.6 (or something like that) with only 2 k miles on it and the bottom part of the back seat and parcel shelf removed.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 28 June 2004

My Cup ran 15.0secs dead at Santa Pod last summer, totally 100% standard, only 1250 miles on the clock, first time Id run it and on a f*cking hot day! :cool:

There was nothing removed from the car, in fact I had a load of heavy stuff in the boot too (VTEC Abuser can confirm), so wont have helped my times.

Its got every bit as good a reputation as York......

They use the same timing equipement as Santa Pod.

Id say well done, but Crail aint got the best reputation for times..
:confused: but KDF was running constant low 15s and one 14.9. I would say that is about right for a 172 with an exhaust and back seats out?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_P1 on 28 June 2004

All 3 places use the same timing gear actually, but people always seem to get slightly quicker times at York & Crail...

Pod is however the place to benchmark the times!

All 3 places use the same timing gear actually, but people always seem to get slightly quicker times at York & Crail...

Sorry, but I aint going away down to the pod to prove a point! Surely 1/4 mile is 1/4 mile? Maybe the English Cup drivers are about as good as driving as they are at football??? ;)

(mac runs for cover)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by MAC30L on 28 June 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 28 June 2004Id say well done, but Crail aint got the best reputation for times..[/QUOTE]:confused: but KDF was running constant low 15s and one 14.9. I would say that is about right for a 172 with an exhaust and back seats out?

I was running 14.9s without the seats being taken out, and more fuel than last time !

Sorry, but I aint going away down to the pod to prove a point! Surely 1/4 mile is 1/4 mile? Maybe the English Cup drivers are about as good as driving as they are at football??? ;)

(mac runs for cover)

I agree

(runs for cover behind BIG I LOVE ENLGLISH FOOTBALL DAVE;))

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well Pod is a long way for me too, hence being a York regular...

I know the times we get (York & Crail) are slightly quicker than at Pod, and you cant really compare times done at different venues.

Got 14.5secs @ 93mph in my Cup at York, with a Viper and 3500 miles on the clock that time.

p.s. joke about footy all ya like, at least we got in to start with! :p

Just a wind up mate. Scotland must be the worst football team in the world. Its a shame really.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Just a wind up mate. Scotland must be the worst football team in the world. Its a shame really.
Aye, I dont take it too seriously... ;)

IMO i would expect times at crail to be slower than york+pod.Reason being the surface at crail is anything but perfect,and i would expect their to be a hell of a lot more rubber layed down at the line of the Pod.

So i would say MACS cup is got to be the fastest standard one about,ive witnessed it first hand.

williams and trophy

no mate im afraid it doesnt...........crail is reknowned for giving out fast times.......yorks n pods are pretty much equal, crails slightly quicker....always has been the case.........im not speakin from personal experience as i only have that at pod n york, but from what other ppl tell me who have run there

Must be a very quick Cup then! I could only run 15.2 at Crail when mine had under 2k miles on it. Nothing in the boot, and nothing stripped though. It now ran 14.6/14.7 most of the day and between 94 - 96 mph.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by MAC30L on 29 June 2004

Must be a very quick Cup then! I could only run 15.2 at Crail when mine had under 2k miles on it. Nothing in the boot, and nothing stripped though. It now ran 14.6/14.7 most of the day and between 94 - 96 mph.
Aye, it was a quick one...

When it was on the rollers it had loads more mid-range grunt than any other Clio there on the day, modded or not!!!

This is mine vs 2 standard 172s >>>

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1069890900__SilverRSC_vs_Boyo_vs_RichD_Comparison_01.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1069890900__SilverRSC_vs_Boyo_vs_RichD_Comparison_01.jpg

;)

Look good Chris mate. I will need to get mine run up on the rollers, saying that, it comes back to whos best for the job. There is a few cowboys up here like! SilverRSC would be left a bit behind on the road I should imagine?

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 29 June 2004

no mate im afraid it doesnt...........crail is reknowned for giving out fast times.......yorks n pods are pretty much equal, crails slightly quicker....always has been the case.........im not speakin from personal experience as i only have that at pod n york, but from what other ppl tell me who have run there

Thats just BS imho.

williams and trophy

no mate im not sayin that....its not my fault u have an inferiority complex now is it?? lol

u wanna prove for certain?? come to york or pod mate....where the times are respected

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I was running 14.9s without the seats being taken out, and more fuel than last time !Sorry mate, I thought you had your seats out on Sunday.Mac

I did, thats what Im saying, last time I was up @ crail I was running 14.9s with seats/parcel/carpet etc. in the car..

Because of my dodgy tyre, even though I stripped it this time I was still running 14.9s but my TVs were up to 95.1 mph, which just proves what crap starts I was getting !

[Edited by _KDF on 6/29/2004 9:06:04 PM]

2Live ive nothing to prove its you who are doubting not us;).You had a standard 172 running 14.7 and a breathed on Cup doing 14.2 at york the other week so whats the big difference between those times and ours up at crail.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Get any of the cars down from Crail OR York and try to match the times at Pod...

Neutral ground, FIA approved, well respected and theres no arguing then! ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BIGDAVE on 29 June 2004

Typical English Neil,they cant believe anyone may be as good as them;)
Typical Scottish... bitter about not qualifying... :p

It aint us thats argueing,its doubting thomas 2live.:D

Its not even my car were talking about here so dont know why im argueing.Think its just carried on from the football threads;)

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 29 June 2004

no mate im not sayin that....its not my fault u have an inferiority complex now is it?? lol

u wanna prove for certain?? come to york or pod mate....where the times are respected

So going by your theory I could hit a high 13 @ Crail? With Chris doing 14.1s @ York with simlar mods as me, we will see on the 25th (my arse its faster!)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 29 June 2004

So going by your theory I could hit a high 13 @ Crail? With Chris doing 14.1s @ York with simlar mods as me, we will see on the 25th (my arse its faster!)
You coming to York on the 25th July then?!

If so I will try my best to make it... :D

williams and trophy

lol.....n u lot say we the ones that take sh*t too seriously haha

but like i said it seems more ppl respect the times at york and pod as they are the dragstrips to use in uk.........im not sayin ur cup isnt a quik un....i know some cups can be from personal experience........but u guys just arent willing to show ur faces anywhere south of midlothian lol.......get to york lads u know u wanna