ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5 im getting!! *Warning pic pics*

OH NO!

sh*t loads of ice! THE performance killer! lol

Get some 13"x7 superlights on!

TOP motor!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I hope the money ur saving from selling ur Williams is spare for repairing it every other week. My mate blew his head gasket, got the car back, 2 days later Turbo went, got the car back & 2 days later the head gasket went again, then got the car back & on the same night the gearbox went! Now waiting to be fixed.:eek:

That looks like a good engine but those 15s & petrol cap HAVE to go! I prefer original steering wheel too. I really wanted one for a while but uve got to be prepared to catch the bus every now and agian. :cry:

Only constructive criticism mate, i know ull love driving it like i did with my mates. :D

Revels Mum & Sister

I have one that needs doing up in the Garage at the moment.

Cant wait ti get her on the road going to be a while though.!

hopefully i wont have to catch the bus as much as most ppl normally do!!

This guys who had it before me has looked after it SO much, he has never blown the turbo or headgasket.

he doesnt boost the car untill its warmed up properly, doesnt turn engine off untill a minute after stopping the car. (for the turbo) serviced every 6000 miles, regular oil checking.

its just been so well looked after..

just a shame about the paint chippings from stones etc.. but it dont matter, im getting it resprayed :D

the 15s do make it harder to turn....but theres so much power when this turbo kcks in off the line... i dont think id go anywhere with the 13s on + the guy said with 13s on... the car wil be on the floor.;)

and yes that fuel cap will be coming off!!!

Then raise it and get it handling again, you got about 1/2 of suspension trave which is bad, not to mention that your probably running your TCA inverted and ruining the geometry.....

people blow turbos and headgaskets by trying to run stupid amounts of boost. treat em sensibly and keep the boost to the capabilitiles of the engine and it should be ok. obviousy it isnt overly reliable but a lot of the horror stories are down to the drivers trying to sqeeze oo much out of the engne

Dont listen to them, 15s are fine what size did the Rally cars run on Tarmac? Compomotive TH2s in black look really nice on a black 5. Get rid of the under bonnet insulation - its a fire hazard alledgedly and you need a long jubilee clip not just some rubber around the intercooler for piece of mind, if the intercooler starts leaking the turbo will overboost to compensate and wont last very long! I agree with BenR about the handling most 5s are too low I dont rate my housemates too stiff etc. As for grip off the line at the 1/4 most people put 13s on at the front. Ive talked with friends for ages about inertias and contact patch through deeper section etc but the 5 boys just tried them and found they got better times so there you go! My Williams is a better overall car than the 5 IMHO but the 5 is better as a toy cause you can get such cheap and instant power gains. It will teach you a lot about engines as well!

yep, exactly what i brought the car for. Experience on engine. + its a project car :)

i wont be overboosin the turbo, it runs fine how its setup now, and for jersey, is perfect off the line and normal town driving + traffic

i will eventually change the wheels... but not untill its in the garage waiting for spray job..

i want the car to dissappear off the streets.. and come out a new car if ya know what i mean.. so if it has any reputation with other people on the roads.. that will be forgotten and start a fresh..

id presume this car has made a lot of friends in the turbo community in jersey.. specially their friday night multistory carpark meetings... (which i dont go to..)

so if i can get it out of that history, then ill be happy!

dont want people going.. look theres such and suchs GTT.. its mine!! :D

Very nice Jay, Personally i would go against the trend and do what the VW boys do, go retro! Get some phase 1 valver wheels and get them chromed, bring that paint up to new looking and it would look sweet! Get a retrim in black leather :)

ya

im gettin black chromed wheels

respray in the next 2 months.. deciding between a Metallic Black.

or a TVR Tuscan multi metallic paint job..