ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5 turbo engine in a clio 1.8 16v

Clio 1.8 16v
Hey, ive got a clio 1.8 16v 1995 but ive blown the engine, how hard is it to fit a R5 turbo engine into my car. Has anyone here done this. Any help welcome. Cheerz!

Its been done but IMO stick with a 2.0 WiIlliams or a 1.8 head with 2.0 megan bottom end etc not the Gtt engine.

You ned to use the 1.1 engine mount to make it work it can be done but wy bother for HP (assuming were on about relaible HP around 150 the 2.0 is the better engine,

Clio 1.8 16v
Yea true but im just gonna put a GTT engine coz my friend has one sitting around that he is going to give me for free. Then im prob gonna sell it coz I know it will go bang again very soon most GTT's do. how about wiring loom and stuff?

Yea true but im just gonna put a GTT engine coz my friend has one sitting around that he is going to give me for free. Then im prob gonna sell it coz I know it will go bang again very soon most GTT's do. how about wiring loom and stuff?

The engines don't go bag its a very good engine realy people do the cheap boost tricks and don't build the engines properly for the power and they have trouble.

Build them right and there fine for mega HP just like most engines.

Wiring looms well have a look there not much to them there few wires its an old engine no ECU etc.

Gearbox fits and your shafts fit the box you use.

Do a search though there a few bits been written about them.