ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing blue 197 + K-tec Sprint spoiler

Finally got some nice weather to give the 197 a decent wash & get some pictures with its new addition.

Its a K-tec sprint spoiler & I absolutely love it so glad I went for it over the Cup spoiler. I bought the spoiler towards the end of January but I wanted to wait for abit of decent weather to get some pictures.

When i bought it off Ben, username - Lal B3N, there was a mistake by me rushing to give Ben my postcode using my phone I put 1 number wrong so it went to the wrong address even though I had realised my mistake & contacted the delivery company well in advance to say its the wrong address don't deliver it, they still did lol.

To cut a long story short it went to a bad/rough estate & when I went to collect it they denied they had signed for it even though I had proof they had. I informed Ben & he was great done everything he could from his end to get it back. He got the delivery company to go back for it & about 5days later I got my spoiler. A massive thanks for Bens help hes a top lad.

Anyway here's some pictures - not amazing pics just took them with the iPhone.

Ive owned it since July now when it was completely standard & I've got it looking exactly how I want it now, so I'm just going to keep enjoying it as a daily & look forward to my first track day in it.

C4F99BB5-5C03-404B-B2CD-12F0243BFD9D-1007-000000CD17A1B6A7_zpsd2640311.jpg

FC3035BF-83E8-4B99-A238-262CC58D0EA9-1007-000000CD1E3D642F_zps9c4ee251.jpg

E6B052BE-CD08-4ADC-ACD3-17B53A167850-1007-000000CD24B1AB60_zps75e2fd21.jpg

FEFEEB81-05E3-4C94-84F9-CF0B8FB0928D-1007-000000CD1A3011C9_zps0e3c4754.jpg

854D770B-B85E-418C-97BC-FA13AAA0C315-1007-000000CD20CFDAB9_zps496adb1b.jpg

993E6E79-440B-49F3-BE26-CEADF5E1C924-1007-000000CD154B51AC_zps18ba61b2.jpg

FE627933-4274-4413-AE1C-96812AC90BEB-1007-000000CD1C4D4A68_zpsc166e865.jpg

A845E259-4F51-4DB4-83BE-F1E53C559E41-1007-000000CD12F2EAC7_zpsbdf32ca9.jpg

4D050073-DFCE-4620-B6A9-0598B951E604-1007-000000CD0F834B61_zps8dadb951.jpg

23759D04-B036-45FE-B4E7-EF73252BD73D-1007-000000CD22CA757A_zpsdaa650e1.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 182
Great looking car in an awesome colour combo with the black wheels but the exhaust tips just let it down ever so slightly - they stick out a bit too far for me, thay need to be flush to the diffuser

Ph 1 172
The more I see 197 the more I like them and am thinking of getting rid of my phase 1 172 and getting a 197.... Part of me always thinks ill miss the phase 1 though. If I did have a 197 either be identical to this or a LY one.

epic car dude

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lovely, I run the same spoiler but for some reason find it a bit meh. Some times it looks spot on, some not so, was/am contemplating removing it. We shall see!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Wow, car looks fantastic mate.

Spoiler wasn't half a disaster lol, but glad we got there in the end. Would of done the same for any member who had an understanding attitude like you did.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Great looking car in an awesome colour combo with the black wheels but the exhaust tips just let it down ever so slightly - they stick out a bit too far for me, thay need to be flush to the diffuser

Thanks mate, they are sticking out abit more than normal due to a spirited drive lol, I couldn't get them completely flush due to the angle of the exhaust, but they are outward rolled tips so I wanted to see them abit.
[/FONT]

The more I see 197 the more I like them and am thinking of getting rid of my phase 1 172 and getting a 197.... Part of me always thinks ill miss the phase 1 though. If I did have a 197 either be identical to this or a LY one.

epic car dude

Thats what I was like mate, it was between a 197 or r26 Megane but the more I kept looking at 197s I made my mind up. Get a 197 & keep the ph1 that's what I've done lol.
[/FONT]

Lovely, I run the same spoiler but for some reason find it a bit meh. Some times it looks spot on, some not so, was/am contemplating removing it. We shall see!

Cheers Gaz, I was like that when I was thinking of getting the Cup spoiler, sometimes I think it's to much & other time love it, but decided the cup spoiler works better with the full aero kit. What you doing if you remove the sprint? Try a different spoiler or go without?
[/FONT]

Wow, car looks fantastic mate.

Spoiler wasn't half a disaster lol, but glad we got there in the end. Would of done the same for any member who had an understanding attitude like you did.

Thanks Ben, yeah it didn't go to plan & I didn't think I'd ever see it but so glad it got sorted as I love how it's changed the car, thanks again.
[/FONT]

Love that looks great! Would be on my list of mods if i had a 197

Thanks mate, defo a must imo.[/FONT]
That looks spot on mate, lovely job there.

Thank you mate
[/FONT]

Sits really nice that. I think that's the best spoiler for the mk3! Like mentioned your 200 tips seem to stick out.

Cheers dude, it really suits the mk3 a lot[/FONT]

The stance on this is brilliant! Love the gordini mats too, very nice addition :approve:

Thanks mate, ha I wondered if anyone would notice those, also got a genuine Clio boot mat too & fitted one of those parcel shelfs with the built in sun blind & under storage.[/FONT]

Stunning car! Car is stunning, stance is epic!

Thanks for kind words mate.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I really want to hate that spoiler. But it looks so good! As does the way the car sits, Kudos!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Thanks mate, ha I wondered if anyone would notice those, also got a genuine Clio boot mat too & fitted one of those parcel shelfs with the built in sun blind & under storage.

If anything, they have more right being in your car than the actual gordinis lol

do you have any pics of the boot and parcel shelf? How did you come across it? They're stupid rare!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't like racing ble mk3's, but yours is an exception to the rule!! Looks brilliant!

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Thanks for all the kind comments lads :)

If anything, they have more right being in your car than the actual gordinis lol

do you have any pics of the boot and parcel shelf? How did you come across it? They're stupid rare!

Haha I kno what you mean the 200 gordinis should have been RB, I've been outbid twice now on two different gordini steering wheels off ebay, as I think it would be a nice touch.

I got it off a friend, are they that rare? I didn't no, I've took a few pictures for you & also got a 'Clio' boot mat too.
[/FONT]

That looks amazing! What spacers are on it?

Thanks mate, they are FK 25mm.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Haha I kno what you mean the 200 gordinis should have been RB, I've been outbid twice now on two different gordini steering wheels off ebay, as I think it would be a nice touch.

I got it off a friend, are they that rare? I didn't no, I've took a few pictures for you & also got a 'Clio' boot mat too

get a retrim from snappy? I'm sure he could replicate the gordini wheel :)

yeah I've only ever seen one for sale for like £60/90 iirc, it was something silly.

i know it's dead simple, just being a mat and parcel shelf but they look ace :approve:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Such a nice car. Colour combo is spot on and the spacers and drop make it sit just right.

I prefer the cup spoiler but it does need something for the rear. It looks too bare without a a spoiler imo.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Looks great! Never seen that spoiler before, Much better than the cup one!

That looks brilliant, I love the looks of this car. The only thing that would bug me is that the high level brake light looks massive now!