ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

racing blue driveway queen

White ds3
thaught id write a progress thread to show people what iv done so far and whats to come etc.
I baught it in June 2008, it has all the cup packs and is on 32k miles. I instantly wanted it lowered once i ahd bought, so after playing around with the idea of springs and not being able to decide what height i wanted it, i decided to go for fully gaz adjustable coilovers instead.
After getting one of the boys to fit them i decided on lowering it about -50mm

DSC_0050.jpg

it stayed like that for a couple of months untill i decided on geting a new exhaust. I went for a pro-speed cat back and new exhaust hangers because the old 1's were fooked
old one:

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

pro-speed fitted:

DSC_0458.jpg

also had a new 197 rear badge

DSC_0453.jpg

next up was to get huw pugh to work his magic and get rid of all the swirles and defects

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

all done

DSC_0552.jpg

mr dent was then phoned to remove a couple of parking dings,i would highly recomend this guy.

DSC_1267.jpg

then came some carbon fibre dash strips, gear nob insert and steering wheel insert

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

then came the biggest changes. I had the original 182 wheels refurbed gloss black along with all the badges. Also while the tyres were off, I decided to get 4 new toyo proxie t1r's. also lowered it another 10-15mm.
I was very unsure at first but slowly grew on me and now i love them.

DSC_1322.jpg

DSC_0179-1.jpg

After waiting a long time for the right set to come up i finally got my hands on a set of trophy recaro's which came out of a clio only on 19k

DSC_1369.jpg

one in

DSC_1366.jpg

coparison old vs new

DSC_1363.jpg

After hours of messing with subframes i finally got both in

DSC_1373.jpg

by this point id baught a maxogen it wasnt worth the £360 in my opinion so was sold shorlty after

PICT0130.jpg

i caught my matt carbon fibre spliter no2 on a curb at work,
i know its only a small crack but it grew and annoyed me

DSC_0043.jpg

and the new gloss carbon fibre 1 not the best pic but you get the idea

DSC_1326.jpg

then at xmas the misses got me my new plate. had some smaller 1's made up by fancy plates.com so it fits in the recess better

DSC_0229-1.jpg

i got board of the black badges they looked cluttery and too much going on. so off they came

DSC_0115-1.jpg

and my brand new 1's

DSC_0216-1.jpg

after having just gloss black ones, then carbon fibre ones these are my current ones untill i get board lol

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

the new toe eye turned up not to sure if i like it yet :?

DSC_0225-2.jpg

did this a while ago, its a citroen gt areal i think it fits quite well compared to the standard 2 foot long 1 that came with it

DSC_0227-1.jpg

and this is, as it stands today

DSC_1905.jpg

DSC_1932.jpg

there is more but i will add as i remember and find piks etc :D

thanx

Last edited:
:star:Looks amazing mate, really lovely clean car, envy those recaros, really wish had some in mine:(.

Anything done performance way or just exhaust so far?

Looks superb!
Out of interest how much did the wheel refurb cost? Mine are currently done in graphite, but curbed to fook!

White ds3
its quiet now but i going back there the wk after nxt to have the centre cilancer taken out :cool: will get vids then gona be stupid loud lol

JB

RB 182 Cup
Nice RB! Black 182 wheels look v. nice.

I'd like to know where you get the dash strips from as well :)

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
this is one of my fav clios on here simple yet so effective! rb and gloss back goes so well!

Think the JMS works package and cams would be good start! Its what i after when i get a chance!

Where did you get the decals for the interior carbon bits?

DB.

BMW 440i
Looks great mate.

RB = Awesomeness.

I love the light blue look when the sun catches it perfectly!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lovely. Simple but effective changes, probably my favourite RB now. The black works so well.

White ds3
well had my new tyres through today from blackcircles.com theyr so quik on delivery
anyway just went for the same toyo t1rs

DSC_0230-1.jpg