ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rattletastic(plus question about 172 MK1)

182 for 10 days ... 897 miles on the clock (taken on business trip in pouring rain :( ) and i now have rattles

totally expected but oddly its not a seat or transmission but the plastic screen on the dials, press down on the binnacle and it disappears :D at anything above 40 i also have a "pretend" rattle on the drivers side window which appears to be just the air flow over the door, its great and theres the occasional clang from the boot (must remember to "store" the get-me-home-foam containers somewhere). apart from that GREAT !! all the nova boys seem to want a really close view of my rear bumper and local mr GSI 2000 is probably contemplating his next upgrade after a run in must say, most impressed with wet weather handling, vere predicatble and even with traction on its still a hoot. heres to more expected rattles!, it wouldnt be the same without them in a french car... and before anyone says, no, im NOT taking it to the dealers to get the rattles sorted out, its french ... its a FEATURE ... just biding my time before it goes on the track now ... one simple question do MK1 172 alloys fit for track days ??? i have done absolutely no research so feel free to shoot me down, im just looking for a cheap track day option and know someone with some for sale ...?

[Edited by maffyoo on 13 July 2004 at 1:08am]

[Edited by maffyoo on 13 July 2004 at 1:09am]

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Got similar rattles on mine. Coming from a silent Audi they bug me more than you could believe.

I was expecting this though, so now I just open the window, and floor it. :)

.... you wont hear a single ratlle (unless your exhaust starts) ;)