ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB De-Swirl - Bringing on the Summer!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello!

I decided it was time to give the beast its stage 1 detail since its starting to get a little warmer. This isn't a full blown write up as I didn't have the time to take photographs of everything that I did.

Stage 1 being getting rid of most of the swirls, sealing the paint and slapping on a bit of wax. I will probably get round to stage 2 during the summer, when I get the front end resprayed, as well as the rear bumper. It is by no means perfect, still quiet a few RDS however I got bored and my back gave in :boring: All in all though, a successful day.

I feel that Racing Blue is a really strange colour to work with, as it NEVER looks dull :S After the pre rinse it looked shiny as fook! Still looks better now though!

I must say though, I feel myself getting a lot better a detailer the more cars I do. I learn something new every time I do a car LOL! Although it is a PITA I do enjoy doing it :eek:

Products used:

• I settled for Menzerna Power Finish (or Intensive polish for you peoples in the know!) applied on a sonus polishing pad via Kestrel SIM rotory - All around.
  • I used a 3M spot pad and a Sonus Compounding pad on the akward places
  • Valet pro Tar & glue remover
  • Valet pro Ph Neutral snow foam
  • Carlack Nano
  • Banana Armour
  • Megs endurance tyre gel
  • Bilberry on the wheels
  • Various brushes for the shuts
  • A heap of other crap on the interior
So, first things first - Bang the polish on the heat to warm up a bit:

dsc_0004.jpg

THE CAR WAS A MESS swirl wise at the beggining of the day.

I had already de-tarred and clayed the car last week so all I needed was a quick foam down and a wash to kick off the session.

dsc_0002.jpg

I also got my good friend Bill(berry) on the wheels and agitated them with various brushes. :)

dsc_0005.jpg

After I rinsed the car off, this is what I was left with, I went on to assess the paint work to see what I was dealing with... And OMG LOLZ it was f**ked! Here are some of the more major defects:

dsc_0007.jpg

Marring from the claying

dsc_0006.jpg

dsc_0009.jpg

And here is what the boot looked like all over:

dsc_0012.jpg

So it was in dire need of correction lol. At this point I thought to my self 'wtf' and had a brew before I proceeded.

Once I had finished off my brew I cracked on with the machine polishing...

Here is what it looked like half way thorough:

dsc_0014.jpg

(note the polish splashes residue/dust :dead:)

I then got out the spot pads for the s**tty small areas:

dsc_0020.jpg

Strating to look better already:

dsc_0015.jpg

After the polishing was done I bashed on the carlack nano followed by the banana armour:

dsc_0022.jpg

Anyway, I won't bore you with any more pictures... Here is the finished article :) Muchos better!

dsc_0016.jpg

ORANGE PEEL :mad::mad::mad:

dsc_0019.jpg

dsc_0021.jpg

dsc_0026.jpg

dsc_0028.jpg

dsc_0030.jpg

Now, my car is better, but still has a lot of RDS marks and has s**t loads of orange peel :( So i'm going to have to wet sand those bits when I get more time and more confidence/practice.

It got dirty again when I drove home :(

Not bad for a car on 61k :D

Russ I still want you to gimme a hand on a few bits that I wasn't too confident about :eek:

Thanks for looking,
Luke :)

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looks mint mate....:cool:

Bit concerned about what's happening with Henry in the reflection though....

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, have you had any front end paintwork done?

Looks like silicone pop on the front wing. :S

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
could have polished the exhausts ;) looks awesome otherwise

Also those seats appear to sit really high

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks good, have you had any front end paintwork done?

Looks like silicone pop on the front wing. :S

Whats sillicone pop :eek: Not that I know of? Unless makavelli had something done?

could have polished the exhausts ;) looks awesome otherwise

Also those seats appear to sit really high

I bought some autosol off a guy off of here but it hasn't come through the post yet!

As for seats, the passenger one sits how it should, mine doesn't as I have left the spacers under the seat (I'm very short and didn't like being sat practically on the floor :eek:)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Wish I didn't get so bored doing them though. I'd love to spend days on it but I haven't got the drive to lol.

Civic Type S GT
God mate your car is stunning as I've told you in the past! Just wished you lived abit closer then you could tackle my car like that for me! Lol!

RB 182 FF
Very nice indeed.Mine is awful for swirls aswell but like you I can't be arsed with the time it takes.

172 Flamer
Gorgeous looking car there bud. And looks like you done a impressive job with the cleaning up of the swirls. :approve:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
pritchard182 said:
love ur car m8 mine is gona be done over the bankholiday bit skared tbh never done mine before
Don't be a spazz with the machine and you will be fine. Just constantly keep it moving and be careful not to catch any of the edges on the car. If your back hurts and your getting bored your doing it right lol

White ds3
Don't be a spazz with the machine and you will be fine. Just constantly keep it moving and be careful not to catch any of the edges on the car. If your back hurts and your getting bored your doing it right lol

thanx m8 iv got a kestrel das-6 so im prty safe iv heard it would take alot to damage paint with a random orbit machine.

BG182®
Those swirls are just how they look on my BG. It's like a needle in the eye when looking at them :(

On a positive note, you've done a cracking job. Given me hope for the summer now :approve: One of theee, best RB's about.

Storm Grey 200
Looks good, I shall be doing the pre-summer detail soon. Its good, but it makes you see the defects even more in some ways. Orange peel:dead: Mines covered in it

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks good, I shall be doing the pre-summer detail soon. Its good, but it makes you see the defects even more in some ways. Orange peel:dead: Mines covered in it
Completely know what you mean :approve:

Yes I do agree, its a PITA. Orange peel is the worse too as its not that easy to remove :(

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Lovely car Luke - is it going to be at FCS?

I need to get myself some new bits so I can detail mine, it's horrendous!