ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB182 - Painted Calipers

DB.

BMW 440i
Thought i'd freshen up the Calipers in using Silver Hammerite. More than happy with the finish :)

VERY annoyed that i could'nt undo the rear passenger side locking bolt. Looks like i may have to take a trip to Fred and his boys next door as i don't want to make things worse. Im far from weak and that thing is not budging! :( So still need to do the rear passenger side caliper!

Cleaned the wheels while i was at it and gave them two layers of Poorboys wheel sealant :)

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

The drivers side front wheel had thick gunge in it (inside of alloy), kind of oily. Front Discs and Pads were changed over Christmas time by Fred and didn't notice it then, didn't really look though tbh. F*ck knows where it came from, but two cloths later and a bit of old sponge and it's all gone!​

Old

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

New

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Oh, and i'll put up some pics of what they look like with the wheels on when Ive cleaned the car!

Coilies and New Wheels next :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Neato mate. Didn't you fancy another colour?

They look good, anyway. Top stuff.

I've just had coilovers fitted on mine. Still waiting on my bloody Cup spoiler, mind. The original owner took the thing off and wanted the standard one back on. Mental.

DB.

BMW 440i
F'LOL.

Looks good, nice smarten up touch.

Gunk inside wheel, checked cv boot ain't leaking its grease ? it's more than likely that.

Wouldn't know where to look/what to do mate. :eek:

Might act sooner rather than later on this locked wheel bolt and get that checked at the same time then. :) Short on funds atm though for a few weeks.

Neato mate. Didn't you fancy another colour?

They look good, anyway. Top stuff.

I've just had coilovers fitted on mine. Still waiting on my bloody Cup spoiler, mind. The original owner took the thing off and wanted the standard one back on. Mental.

Nah, Silver for me. Nice and Fresh. :) God knows why you would take the cup spoiler off. lol!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nah, Silver for me. Nice and Fresh. :) God knows why you would take the cup spoiler off. lol!

Indeed. Left the splitter and anthracite alloys, though :cool:

Like I said, calipers looking sweet, mate. Like brand new, I guess :)

TTRS & V50
Ar ok, behind the disk is a rubber boot attached to the back with a clip, make sure its still clipped basically, or look underneath see if there is a gap/coming away from the back of the hub.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
yellow might have worked well on them too :)

what coily's you got Scutch?

KTR but with the solid top mounts in gloss black. It's pretty low, rubbing a bit on the front but apparently very common as the bumper bracket needs a bit of modifying, which is getting done tomorrow. Love how it looks now though. So I should for £650+ mind. Didn't want to spend too much on coilovers either. Meh.

Dave, you should paint the discs black to make it look stealth... LOL ;)

Last edited:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
KTR but with the with the solid top mounts in gloss black. It's pretty low, rubbing a bit on the front but apparently very common as the bumper bracket needs a bit of modifying, which is getting done tomorrow. Love how it looks now though. So I should for £650+ mind. Didn't want to spend too much on coilovers either. Meh.

yup ours did the same... top mounts knock a little as didn't go for solid's as had heard a few bad things about them, look sooooo much better lowered!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
yup ours did the same... top mounts knock a little as didn't go for solid's as had heard a few bad things about them, look sooooo much better lowered!

To be honest, the car won't be tracked or anything, so I've gone more for the general look over anything else. But it does handle fantastically well. The guys that fitted them and aligned them up do all the Evo's and Impreza's and said it was shockingly stiff and handled better than most of the cars they've had in.

Dave, what coilovers are you planning on getting?

DB.

BMW 440i
I'm not sure mate.

Limited choices for cup packed 182s! I have no idea though man. :( Still deciding wether to spend less, or just go all out.

I want some Speedline 2118's so will probably go for some cheaper alloys, im impatient!

Cheers Slammed 172! I'll try and have a look tomorrow, if not, I'll call Fred back tomorrow!

F56 MINI Cooper S
I am going to do mine soon, did my clio ones silver, and will do my fiesta ones silver too. Nice subtle colour and still look smart.

DB.

BMW 440i
I do like the yellow ones, especially on Lukes (Booshs).

I just think it's harder to get a good finish with the bright colours, and liked the OEM look of the silver for now. Will go better with some nice anthracite 2118's! :)

Love white, but think it's a bit too much for something that's quite done. There aren't as many options for RB owners with colours/alloys etc, but it's an awesome colour so worth having!

DB.

BMW 440i
I was going to paint mine yellow today but my locking wheel nut wasnt gripping!

Pain in the arse isn't it! Out of all 16 bolts, (This was the last wheel i did), it was the 16th/16th that wouldn't loosen. FFS.

I'm popping over to Fred's early next week hopefully when I've organised it to sort out this, and the CV joint if that's what's causing all the grease in the front drivers side wheel

"Navy" N17 TWO
Nice and tidy, looks very neat now :)

You just clean up and brush that onto the calipers, how many coats?

d6n

Ph2 172
Nice and tidy, looks very neat now :)

You just clean up and brush that onto the calipers, how many coats?

When i did mine i just brushed them over with a wire brush and applied 2 coats of Hammerite smooth silver

DB.

BMW 440i
I went for one layer and im going to see how it goes over the next couple months.

One layer lasted ages on my old car :)

I just used a wire brush before hand, then applied the silver hammerite!

2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Pain in the arse isn't it! Out of all 16 bolts, (This was the last wheel i did), it was the 16th/16th that wouldn't loosen. FFS.

I'm popping over to Fred's early next week hopefully when I've organised it to sort out this, and the CV joint if that's what's causing all the grease in the front drivers side wheel

Took my car down to get its tyre puncture repaired the other day and the only bolt i had trouble with was the locking nut, it looked like the nut was out-of-round which was wierd as its just been sat in the boot?

Very annoying but a bit of engineering knowledge sorted that out, i.e. hammer bash :)

I painted my caliper on mine, they look orite actually, red under black alloys, they just need a bit of a clean every now and then when they get brake dust on them. Ill go take a pic now.

EDIT: Here then they are, sorry about the condition of the panel :(

Last edited: