ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RDH's R32

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Ron Hodgsons. overpriced cars since time began. Nice car though, hope you didn't pay over the odds for it because the price of some of their cars is totally laughable.

I don't see what relevance the prices of his stock list have to do with my car?

I've been looking for a long time, and this was more than realistically priced.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Picked the car up on Thursday, and all I can say is wow. What an incredible machine. No proper pictures yet, I can't stop driving the thing. Gave it a quick polish yesterday before I went out.

8603391862_789c851aaa_z.jpg

phone 155 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Offset on the wheels looks spot on IMO, if they are reps...

I'm certain they are reps but like you say, the offset on them is perfect. 98% of people won't even tell the difference, and you can pick a proper set up for around 3/400 so it is no big deal really!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Really wish I had got a r32 now and not the 200. Can't wait to see this in the flesh mate.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Love these.. If I wasnt trying to save for a house deposit id have one!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Got a few crap pictures on the way home, stupid busy with work at the minute so not had chance to even clean it properly never mind take some decent photos. Managed to give it a quick jet wash and wipe down as it was disgustingly dirty. Still puts a massive grin on my face every time I drive it. The engine is an absolute stunner!

8631369687_e29a9ed6df_z.jpg

R32 003 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

8631369583_813b9b8ee6_z.jpg

R32 002 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

8631369813_085efb914e_z.jpg

R32 004 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

8631369951_d81de30ac2_z.jpg

R32 005 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

8631370095_dfb5d2d4e3_z.jpg

R32 006 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

8631381325_722dbfd13c_z.jpg

R32 007 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

8631381431_90e9730ba2_z.jpg

R32 008 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

Quick crappy video with the camera. I really want some mental non-res exhaust, but I think I'd ruin the car with it. Such a civilised cruiser when you want it to be, and can shout with the best of them when you are in the mood!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76993110@N04/8631381529/

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It has grown on me alot! Somebody down the road from me has a black R32 aswell, and imo mine looks better from the front. Still not sold on the silver bits but it isn't a priority at the minute I'm too busy.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If you want a catback exhaust that sounds epic, my boss will have one for sale any time this next 2 week.

Sounds fantastic.

Pm me for more details if you like.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If you want a catback exhaust that sounds epic, my boss will have one for sale any time this next 2 week.

Sounds fantastic.

Pm me for more details if you like.

Whats it like now it has a centre box? I still stand by it was way to loud before hand and unusable on a long journey lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Whats it like now it has a centre box? I still stand by it was way to loud before hand and unusable on a long journey lol

Much much quieter lol. Sounds fantastic when on full throttle and pretty much silent when driving sensibly. Even cruising along at 3 figures its very quiet.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I am but the forum annoys me on my phone so I don't use it too often.

The silver bits will be going black when i have time to get things done.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Love it mate, like seriously love it. Done almost 700 miles im 3 weeks, and I haven't even been using it for work yet.

Does everything you could ever ask for, still suprises me how easy it will pull into double figures.

Private plate has gone, but I've got my eye on 'V666 RDH' when I get back from Amsterdam at the weekend. Getting machine polished in two weeks time aswell. Then it is onto the wheels...

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
This thread doesn't help me either, already finding myself searching!

I just can't decide if the low mpg would make it worth it. How you finding the fuel so far? Is it "fun" enough that you don't care, thats what i need lol.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I knew before I bought it what I was in for fuel wise.

For day to day use I never go near a Motorway or anything resembling an A road, so it is all town driving, allbeit traffic free. Normal driving with the odd blip here and there and I get around 22mpg. If I'm extra carefull I can see 25mpg. When hooning I'm happy if I see 13/14mpg.

Done a couple of decent motorway trips, 40 or so miles each way. Cruise set at 70 it will do 30mpg all day long. On one stint I set it at 60 and it indicated 35mpg.

Those are all trip indicated, cba to work it out myself.

If you are worried about fuel I would stay away from one, but if it isn't too much of a concern then I can hand on heart say that 20mpg is worth it for the noise alone!

Z4
Love it mate, like seriously love it. Done almost 700 miles im 3 weeks, and I haven't even been using it for work yet.

Does everything you could ever ask for, still suprises me how easy it will pull into double figures.

Private plate has gone, but I've got my eye on 'V666 RDH' when I get back from Amsterdam at the weekend. Getting machine polished in two weeks time aswell. Then it is onto the wheels...

My only real concern is will it be fun enough, another contender is a 335 but I fear the same thing!
Test drives in order I think.

Have fun in the Dam, I was there last weekend. Flying klm? My flight was overbooked on the way home (wtf) so I got separated from my mates & left for 8 hours until the next flight, not a happy Chris!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I knew before I bought it what I was in for fuel wise.

For day to day use I never go near a Motorway or anything resembling an A road, so it is all town driving, allbeit traffic free. Normal driving with the odd blip here and there and I get around 22mpg. If I'm extra carefull I can see 25mpg. When hooning I'm happy if I see 13/14mpg.

Done a couple of decent motorway trips, 40 or so miles each way. Cruise set at 70 it will do 30mpg all day long. On one stint I set it at 60 and it indicated 35mpg.

Those are all trip indicated, cba to work it out myself.

If you are worried about fuel I would stay away from one, but if it isn't too much of a concern then I can hand on heart say that 20mpg is worth it for the noise alone!

Brilliant, thanks mate!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely stuff mate, looking forward to seeing it after a few tricks mods, colour coding etc!

Come winter you can laugh at the 335 drivers. ;)

E92 325D
Why oh why do i live so far from work....couldnt stomach the mpg i dont think

So much want.

Old guy at the gym has a mint blue one on BBS rims with every option. I'll have to keep an ear out for when he thinks about selling...and worry about the fuel later