ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RDH's R32

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Starting to remember why I said I wouldn't own a black car again. Looks epic for about 5 minutes after I've cleaned it, then it looks crap. Im also not sure if the brake pads are OEM but the dust they give off is unreal.

I've got a few launch control videos which I will put up when I can be arsed going on the computer.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Starting to remember why I said I wouldn't own a black car again. Looks epic for about 5 minutes after I've cleaned it, then it looks crap. Im also not sure if the brake pads are OEM but the dust they give off is unreal.

I've got a few launch control videos which I will put up when I can be arsed going on the computer.

It really is the worst owning a black car.. Lol

BMW M135i
Im also not sure if the brake pads are OEM but the dust they give off is unreal.
Normal for OEM ATE front pads, same with my S3. Rears can be pretty much spotless but the fronts are doing their best impression of anthracite.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The rears aren't much worse than the fronts for me tbh, although I'd hazard a guess the R32 is stopping more weight than an S3?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Gave it a quick clean when I got in from work. It looked dirty 5 seconds after this photo. Garbage.

8698942917_d8ae2c6da8_z.jpg

Clean by Arctic_182, on Flickr

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It is once again filthy. Had some awesome drives in the sun. Currently doing around 16mpg. Windows down FTW!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Came out to some decent beading this morning! Not bad for Nattys Blue! Making some progress on with this now regarding changes, most of which I haven't got pictures of, so I need to update this properly when I have a little more time.

8793664709_802e63b12d_z.jpg

1 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
If there is any way to make you realise how sh*t your car is, it is to come outside the pub to find a DBS parked next to you.

9066847307_701811997b_z.jpg

Aston by Arctic_182, on Flickr

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
To be fair mate, as nice as the Aston is, I would still look at your car just as much as the Aston.

thinking about one of these, only thing stopping me is the boot. Can't imagine I can get a buggy and a bit of shopping in the boot.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
You know what I mean... Didn't help that it was dripping in CF either :(

And in regards to the boot, it isn't as big as you'd think. It certainly isn't small, but my mates Focus ST has considerably more room in his boot.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
475 smackaroonies for a year. My mate has a 360 Spyder F1 and that is only 225 quid for the year. Go figure.

Luckily I only ever tax my cars for 6 months anyway incase I don't keep them.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Cant believe the focus boot holds nearly an extra 100 litres.

I hadn't looked it up but from our experiences it doesn't suprise me. His has swallowed lots of stuff that just simply wouldn't fit into mine.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
As much as i'd drool over the Aston I would check out the R32 as well,
as it's actually obtainable, well for me anyway.

Although I didn't have much luck with my black Mk5 Golf GT,
I just don't think i'm cut out for nice cars, they make me paranoid. :dapprove:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Wow the R32OC is a s**t forum. Or is it just not working well on my ipad? Seems really glitchy.

​gutted how small the boot is. Was going to go shopping this weekend! :(

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
In all fairness mine could probably pass for yours at this moment in time Dave. It's absolutely rank. Well, the outside is..

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Wow the R32OC is a s**t forum. Or is it just not working well on my ipad? Seems really glitchy.

​gutted how small the boot is. Was going to go shopping this weekend! :(

It isn't the best mate, for viewing and for activeness.

I'd go along and see about the boot. It certainly isn't small, just smaller than some of the rivals. I think it's down the the shape of the back.

I would rather look at your R32 mate, Astons don't do much for me.

As for r32oc, I've been trying to register for ages now, sites fucked.

I think I want an R next :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Standard post clean phone picture. Will be up for sale in the very near future for anyone interested.

Edit: Works now I've used a sh*tty uploader.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like them a lot but having run two VR6 highlines in the past the mpg would probably put me off at the final hurdle.Just not quite enough performance per mpg.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I average around 25mpg now once the honeymood period is over. Not too bad all things considered.

Selling as I'm buying a C63.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Only thing I'm not really keen on is the wheels. Are there other VW options? Or was that it?

There are facelift wheels. Omanyt I think there are called. I hate mine because cleaning them is a joke.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Only thing I'm not really keen on is the wheels. Are there other VW options? Or was that it?

There are facelift wheels. Omanyt I think there are called. I hate mine because they are reps.

EFA ;)

Mine looked alot better imho:

DSC07010_zps8e9b4b46.jpg

Miss it actually, its still for sale by the dealer i sold it to, 3 months ago lol.

Will happily have another when kiddies come along, manual only though.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The offset on the reps is alot better. My mate has a grey 5 door with the same genuine wheels and I'd say 80% agree that mine looks better. I was changing them for some BBS CH but not much point now I'm selling it.

I've been looking through the spec list from new and it looks to me like it had every single optional extra. £38,000. I'd love to know what someone was smoking when they paid that for a Golf.