ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RDR's CS Camping Trip 5th July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Date will be Saturday 5th July 2014

Venue

Appleacre Caravan, Camping & Residential Park
London Road
Fowlmere
Royston
Cambridgeshire
SG8 7RU

Tel: 01763 208354

Prices (TBC)

One small tent + car + one person £9 and then £4 for each additional person in the same tent.

(These are the 2013 prices so may be subject to a slight change for 2014)

Camping should be available for anyone who wants to arrive on Friday 4th (again, I will confirm this in the new year)

Barbecues are permitted and there are a couple of picnic tables in the field we are using. It's advisable to bring a comfy chair.

RAF Duxford is a 5 minute drive away for anyone who missed CSS13 (it's well worth a visit if you've never been before)

There's a pub/restaurant in Fowlmere called The Swann House Inn which provided us with a superb full English this year. It's about a 10 minute walk from the campsite. (I'll need to book this and will need you to let me know if you want to come when it comes to the time of booking the campsite)

Can I just add that the owner has been kind enough to let us use the site following the success of this years visit. Let's make sure that we don't do anything to tarnish our reputation ie no loud music or getting pissed and doing handbrake turns on the field etc. There are residential caravans located on one side of the park and we don't want to be upsetting any of the permanent residents.

We had plenty to drink and it was a really good laugh this year so I don't see there being any issues for this event. Anyone who gets out of hand will be asked to leave its as simple as that really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Re: CS camping trip 2014

ok brilliant. There's lots of interest so I'll give the campsite a ring tomorrow to make sure we can book that weekend.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I can't see this going down well. specially not with Lemans and cs14 either side of it.

I would love to say yes but it all depends nearer the time.

I'd be game, but maybe not right on top of CSS14?

I'm a yes for now though, and being the glue of the NW, plenty will come with me ;)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Sounding really promising so far.

There's a great pub about a 10 minute walk from the site that laid on a top breakfast for us last time.

I'll look at getting that sorted too.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Fat Dave said he's in but warm weather only. Cold camping is for poor people.

Status
Not open for further replies.