ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RDR's CS Camping Trip 5th July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to @JD involved next year too.

You up for it mate? We can call it glamping if you like? ;)

Definitely pal, this just fell on a bad weekend for me (wedding in Dorking). I admit I gave false hope to TheEvilGiraffe too, as said "yes" before I'd checked the damn diary...

Good fun I presume? Saw a couple of photos but not looked properly yet. Thread with photos?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Definitely pal, this just fell on a bad weekend for me (wedding in Dorking). I admit I gave false hope to TheEvilGiraffe too, as said "yes" before I'd checked the damn diary...

Good fun I presume? Saw a couple of photos but not looked properly yet. Thread with photos?

Yeah it was great fun mate :)

The pics are dotted around in this thread mate.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Too much to quote / CBA.

Big thanks to Scott & Dave for doing it :approve:
Thanks to Sash & JP for cooking for me, I don’t to BBQ cooking. I like eating though!

Tone, lol – Maybe I’ll do that, get your mushrooms here you muggy caannts!!

The Mountain – lol, sorry dude!! No one can be happy when some dip sh*t steals your weights lol. Pmsl @ cheat meal cookies, knowsit!!

Spudhead – shame you missed it, it was really good!

Kudos to Dreads for not being ‘that dude’…

Alex – lol, you’re a f**king melon!!

Roy can come as the invisible man next year, the dude’s mythical I tell ya!!

Here’s to next years one, I might even stay over ;)

Good to meet you too!

Totally different to how I imagined you.

Mini Cooper S sport
Well it must have been good if we're talking about next year already. Assuming they let us back...

It was great to meet people who've I've talked to for so long on here :)

There was a very nice moment when the sun came out, it was really warm and we were all just sitting chilling and chatting with a few drinks. Lovely!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Tony will be more than happy for us to go back :)

christ on a bike, slept most of yeasterday when I got back , and slept in til about half hour ago.
Think I'll have that full weekend off next year and not make myself try do a nightshift into it :eek:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Well it must have been good if we're talking about next year already. Assuming they let us back...

It was great to meet people who've I've talked to for so long on here :)

There was a very nice moment when the sun came out, it was really warm and we were all just sitting chilling and chatting with a few drinks. Lovely!
Champers, sun and awesome people. FTW.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Lol, a bit like Rich then, he still wouldn't have it, till he met me.

Right i'm a f*cking mong, I can't put you username to your face,
what's worse is I know I spoke to everyone loads of times.

Erik was a bit confused down the park today,
anyone that randomly walked past he went trotting up to like he knew them,
I think it's going to take him a while to get use to being back home.

Also for next years camping can we pick a non F1 weekend please?
It was stressful enough trying to avoid quali results,
to try and avoid the race result too will probably make me cry if it gets ruined.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Right i'm a f*cking mong, I can't put you username to your face,
what's worse is I know I spoke to everyone loads of times.

Erik was a bit confused down the park today,
anyone that randomly walked past he went trotting up to like he knew them,
I think it's going to take him a while to get use to being back home.

Also for next years camping can we pick a non F1 weekend please?
It was stressful enough trying to avoid quali results,
to try and avoid the race result too will probably make me cry if it gets ruined.

FLOL! To me, he's a younger, large version of Ron. Basically add Scott and RDR together, and you get what Cat looks like! :D

Also Dave, RDR has said book the weekend of the 4th of July. Guess when the 2015 GP is...

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Date not set in stone. It might need to be moved to another weekend depending on the date of CSS 2015.

Having said that I'm not just going to move it around because of stuff on the telly. There's two pubs a 10 minute walk from the site that are bound to have the GP on ;)

I dare say that the site owner has wifi and I'm sure if asked nicely he would allow an iPad to be hooked up to it for a few hours.

Anyway, it's early days yet so just pencil the date in for the time being and we will see what happens.

Listerine & Poledo
Oh Brendan.

Spending time with friends vs not being able to insta-watch whatever it is on television? What has the world come to?

Oh snapbackRob.

It's only for the qualifying, since Dave likes to book these things when the race is on.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I had a bit of signal with 3G but that was on an iPhone 4 so I suspect something less like the phone equivalent of Daniel would fare better.

Or we could bring a bigger battery and a portable TV to watch it live. Anything can be bodged.

Listerine & Poledo
all we'd need is 3g and a projector and anyone who wants to can watch.

Hell, HMS already had a big white sheet for us to project onto.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Oh snapbackRob.

It's only for the qualifying, since Dave likes to book these things when the race is on.

lol It's not intentional Bren gun! ;)

It's just it needs to be in July to have a slim chance of some sun but early enough that it doesn't clash with CSS.

A trip to the pub to watch qualifying might be nice to break things up a bit as it's going to be 2 nights next year :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I bet if it was a load of benders chasing a sack of wind around a field you'd all be crying about it.

Not at all mate. There was always a chance (albeit a slim one) that the World Cup could of impacted on this weekend just gone.

I love football but I'd much rather sit in a field with you lot than watch footie on the telly ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I know I feel the same about F1,
I love it and i'm devastated if it gets ruined for me before I get to watch it,
but i'd much rather have some memories with good people I can take to my grave.

Sport will always be there, good times with good people won't.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I know I feel the same about F1,
I love it and i'm devastated if it gets ruined for me before I get to watch it,
but i'd much rather have some memories with good people I can take to my grave.

Sport will always be there, good times with good people won't.

I f**king love you man x ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
I come to this to see you lot, not watch TV!! You can go to the pub, I'll stay with Sash and talk about cats <3

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I had a bit of signal with 3G but that was on an iPhone 4 so I suspect something less like the phone equivalent of Daniel would fare better.

Or we could bring a bigger battery and a portable TV to watch it live. Anything can be bodged.
I'll make sure there are big batteries next year! Power for the whole weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.