ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really bad boot rattle

right guys im on a mission, ive got a really bad boot rattle which i need to sort as its driving me crazy.

it sounds like something loose, maybe the catch. but ive tightened the catch up to the point where i have now rounded the star bolt. (not good).

the boot lid does'nt have any movment in it, so might not be that.

any other ideas what i might be.

and any ideas how i can get the rounded bolt out now, its the big one that hold the catch to the car.

many thanks

Jamie

Lots of Alfas
It could be the parcel shelf, headrests, check the rubber mounts on the top of the shocks, and take the hatch apart and check the wiper mechanism.

Oil / grease the boot lid hinges.

Check your centre seatbelt is properly magnet-ed onto it's fastening in the ceiling (unless you have it connected up for use of course!)

Can't you just tell a lot of people have spent a lost of time looking for boot rattles!

Lots of Alfas
Also check your exhaust mounts and pull your rear seats up to see if theres anything fallen down under.