ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear axle internal anti roll bar (torsion) removal

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Hi guys. Quick question. Has anybody removed/replaced it? Is it even possible? Long story short, purchased complete rear axle from 1.4 clio. And used pure Motorsport strengthening plates to stiffen it up. Only to realise that they are different size :( I know I know what a damn ass!!! So now I think i have two options, either to replace that bar with the one from my 172 or add external antiroll bars... or option 3... scrap the lot and do it all over again using my original axle... option I really don't wanna take..
5b9336310bdd4ff0b8fea118cbe31632.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The anti roll bar is welded into the rear axle mate at each end. You could try grinding the weld back and smacking f**k out of it, but how successful you'd be, I couldn't say. You'd also need it in a jig so you don't distort the axle mate.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
The anti roll bar is welded into the rear axle mate at each end. You could try grinding the weld back and smacking f**k out of it, but how successful you'd be, I couldn't say. You'd also need it in a jig so you don't distort the axle mate.
Yeah my worst fears :( what an idiot I am...

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Weld a few plates along the bottom of it or go for the 22mm pms arb.
Yeah that was my other idea. Maybe one long plate along the bottom? To completely incase that bar inside. Would that work? Or weld the Center of that bar inside in the middle..?