ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Planted, it's amazing how used you can get to how a car feels on knackered parts, with new bushes and ball joints it's back to how it should handle, i'd almost forgotten how good these things are through a series of S-bends.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
He does seem like one of life's good guys. You're very lucky to have him on your doorstep.

I'd have told you to f**k off.
If he'd had known how much of ball ache the job was going to be I think he'd have told me to f*ck off too, luckily I bribed him with a 6 pack of DR Pepper, I also gave the garage owner 2 bottles of Ale for letting us use his sh*t, he's the Dad of Ryans girlfriend so we need to keep him sweet.

If it wasn't for Ryan the dog kennel would either be on the scarp heap by now, or i'd be even more skint than I am paying for expensive garage labour.

Last edited:

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Feel your pain Dave. Me and Gus did mine on my garage floor, with the beam still attached via the handbrake cables.
Still, we did it though.

bb9010ecf795c798bcd49e069f39ebf3.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
anyway aslong as im around that car is being kept allive. gearbox next before teh big day.
Finding a JC5 130 that doesn't leak will be the hard bit.

Feel your pain Dave. Me and Gus did mine on my garage floor, with the beam still attached via the handbrake cables.
Still, we did it though.

bb9010ecf795c798bcd49e069f39ebf3.jpg
One thing yesterday taught me is i'm not cut out to be a mechanic, i'm not a real man.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Twating my hand with a lump hammer and carrying on ..... Regretting that today Good job hammer hands came over to help .....

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I've started thinking the back looks slightly lower than normal, the shocks are fine, they don't bounce and they're not leaking, but the lower stance could be the cause of the remaining rubbing, i'm going to take the spare out the boot and see if it goes away, tbh I didn't hear any rubbing at all today, the thing handles like it's on rails now.