ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brakes on 182

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
hi there ,im looking for sum info to help a fellow clio owner at work .

i found this a bit strange when he told me , he owns a clio 182 cup and recently took it in for its 12k mile service and it needed new disks and pads on the rear ???? i was surprised by this surely after 12,0000 miles the rear brakes should not need changing unless there was a problem with them ?

what do u guys think ? id said to him to go speak with the manager of the dealers and see if this could be a warranty issue ? its the guys wife that drives the car and she has noticed the brakes on the rear binding when its been lying a day ....

ive had the binding of the rear brakes on my old 172 cup after its sat a day in the wet but never had it in the trophy, im not sure how the rear brakes work on the clio is there a load valve type thing like is on a renault 5 which increases rear braking when there is a load ? anyway let me no what u guys think ??

thx in advance

Lionel Richie
rubbish, get a second opinion, renaults idea of checking brakes is looking at them for a nano second and then guessing how badly worn they are

where are you in the uk?

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
the owner of the car is using a renault dealers in Perth

so do u think that they have just changed them to rob sum extra cash?

why do the rears though ? ud think if anything it would be the front pads and disks that would be needing changed not the rears ?

Lionel Richie
rears cost more from renault thats why, i'd be having words with RUK customer services

have they gone ahead and changed them without consulting with the owner?

Lionel Richie
rears cost more from renault thats why, i'd be having words with RUK customer services

have they gone ahead and changed them without consulting with the owner?

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I got told on my 36k service my front brake pads are 'badly pitted'

I told the girl, they were fine when I put them in a month ago. I'll check them myself and replace if need be. Haven't bothered as I know they're fine.

Lionel Richie
yeah we have a customer that got told by renault that his front pads were 70% worn, we only fitted them the day before!

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
hmm not good , hes already went ahead and got them to do it , theres no way the rears would need doing after 12k miles right ? he will need to get the 1's they take off to have any sort of proof which i doubt he will have done ...

Is there anyone on here thats had to replace there rear discs and pads come service time ie first service the 12k 1???

any feed back would be appreciated and thanks to those that already have :)

182cup/D40/Hornet
my rears seem to be binding on a little bit,have been for a while now,park it with h/brake off seems not as bad going to tell them when I put it in for its 12k service which will be within the next month

182cup/D40/Hornet
surley though they couldn't charge for discs/pads at 12k would it be classed as 'normal' wear and tear

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I would say fair enough at 12k for fronts but not the discs really just the pads.

Rear discs and pads should be fine at 12k. Certainly shouldn't be wearing faster than the front unless he drives everywhere in reverse.