ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear disks brakes

Are they easy to replace on the Willy/Valver?

Ive heard they are bonded on at very high temperature, is this true?

My spanner skills are limited, so any tips /advice would be welcome.

Well i cant answer for the Willy but in general brake DISCS are piss easy to put on, its all bolt on, as long as you have the right tools you should be able to do it no probs.

-Rob

Thanks Rob, Ive done disks before, its just that Ive heard that the rear ones on the Willy and Valver are heat bonded on. Which I find a bit wierd.

Just dont want to start something I cant finish, as I dont own a blow torch for example. At the end of the day I could take it to a garage and get stung, just have better things to waste cash on at this time of year.

I suppose I should not be such a lazy ass and try and locate my Haynes manual.

Cheers Matty, perhaps that is what the mechanic was on about, maybe you have to heat it up a little to get it to go on easy??

& LOL @ jonnyboy.

they have the beaing in teh disc so thats the only complication, but aprt from that.

1.WHeel off
2. Hub cap needs to be pryed off and can be hard
3. Stub axle nut off
4. Circlip off
5. Bearing/disc off the axle

might as well replace the bearins whist your doing it and kits are available. But behind the bearing is a spacer that you might need to retrieve if your kit doesnt come with a new one.

then slap it all back on.

Thank you Ben, just wanted to know its not the nightmare I was led to believe.

Not too worried about the bearings as Ill hopefully have loads of cash in a couple of months to buy a new car. This is why I dont want to spend on it unneccessarily. But it wont pass its MOT the way they are grinding at the mo!! Sounds horrendous.

coul use a bearing puller anda large washer to pull the beariing in from the back.......never done the pressing that way as we built a hydraulic ram for bearings/guides etc etc.

Ive tried getting to rear disks done a couple of times in past and both mechanics were really reluctant to do it.

Thats why I was nervous about doing it myself.

oh.....well, never mind them, we all know seasoned mechanics hate to do work!

if its an oilchange they can jsut about be purseuaded, but only if you take the filer off for them. lol