ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear suspension knock noise 172

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Past fair few weeks I've been getting a knocking noise when I go over a bump on the road. Coming from the rear passenger side. I've had the exhaust hanger changed and it's not that l. My mechanic looked at the rear shockers and their not leaking.
What suspension parts is there on the rear, any ball joints or linkages, tie rod ends and so on .

The car is a 03 plate 172 and got 105,000 miles

Thanks

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Are they really 100% ? I don't think mine are cos I saw oil on my shocker when they were changed last year, I got both done genuine Renault ones

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There isn't an awfull lot on the rear, might be worth checking the axle bushes though

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just sent a text to one of my mechanics, I mentioned what he might think it'll be. I'll mention axle bushes to him. Waiting for a response of him like.
What's the rough price of axle bushes if it might be that and time wise to fit them?
Thanks

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The car doesn't feel bouncy or loose on the rear not like before.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
exhaust hitting on the rear beam.
Nah don't think it is that either last time I looked underneath the clamp was away from the beam. I had that problem a couple years ago, that took a while to figure that one out like. Good suggestion like

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
rear wiper motor loose maybe or something in the spare tyre well, also check top mounts are tight.
I took some bits out the boot and checked the tyre well and noticed the spinny bit which holds the tools that was a bit loose I tightened it a bit but it seems a bit slack like. The mechanic hasn't replied but there's a few things I can go off thanks