ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Seats – Clio Renaultsport 182

Ziel Nurburgring

If you search clio discussion there are pictures of them on here. Under renaultsport options or something

Renault Laguna Coupe

They do look nice, but I hate to think how much theyll cost as an if you want to fit them to an existing car. You can get similar stuff, with the Renaultsport logo stitched in for free, from Cobra seats.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 16 February 2005

They do look nice, but I hate to think how much theyll cost as an if you want to fit them to an existing car. You can get similar stuff, with the Renaultsport logo stitched in for free, from Cobra seats.
^^^ Agree but you wont have to tell your insurance company if its a factory fit option. so get some like that but with harness holes and renault stiched in small lettters and in a prang you could probably get away with it.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 16 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 16 February 2005

^^^ Agree but you wont have to tell your insurance company if its a factory fit option. so get some like that but with harness holes and renault stiched in small lettters and in a prang you could probably get away with it.

Im sure you have to tell your insurance company about such factory mods, having a particular spec Mini my premium was greater. Best to check at least.

-Rob

Always thought minis would be an insurance nightmare with all those options! (and youre guaranteed to have at least half a dozen!)

Matt

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 16 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 16 February 2005Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 16 February 2005 They do look nice, but I hate to think how much theyll cost as an if you want to fit them to an existing car. You can get similar stuff, with the Renaultsport logo stitched in for free, from Cobra seats. [/QUOTE]^^^ Agree but you wont have to tell your insurance company if its a factory fit option. so get some like that but with harness holes and renault stiched in small lettters and in a prang you could probably get away with it.Im sure you have to tell your insurance company about such factory mods, having a particular spec Mini my premium was greater. Best to check at least.-Rob[/QUOTE]

That depends on the company. Im with First Alternative and they cover all factory fitted options in the value of the car as did Tesco. They are not mods, they are factory fitted options. If the car is trashed they can order the same car from the factory.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by rcp_ on 16 February 2005

according to this page http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio182/options.htmhttp://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio182/options.htm you loose the split rear seats :(

Recaro Sport Trendline front seats without lateral airbags (one piece folding rear seat in Graphic Night upholstery without rear headrests)

yea but im impressed none the less. For one they have harness points which i wouldnt get the seats without due to my future plans. Also recliners and they look nice, also gets rid of nasty rear seats in the 182Cup and hopefully a bit lighter than the standard seats although they are probably the same weight. probably more suportive than the 182 seats.

ohh and the 182cup doesnt get side air bags it just get cheaper front and rear granny seats. thankgod there is a offcial replacement for both ront and rear other wise it would look shat with just cool front seats and pap grey standard rear seats. £850 for front and rear is a good price IMO.

are they any lighter ?

Ziel Nurburgring

You might as well buy better seat from an aftermarket supplier (Like Y0z) as they are bound to be cheaper and better quatlity/versions

Ziel Nurburgring

Have you already ordered, probably to late as they are factory options that youmight have needed to specify at POS.

If they say no, just go to demon tweeks or Y0z sport and get them cheaper

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 16 February 2005

Nice.. Renault just need to come up with the goods they promised the original cup owners..
at least they have made a start...although a couple of years late...:confused:

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by rcp_ on 16 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 16 February 2005Nice.. Renault just need to come up with the goods they promised the original cup owners..[/QUOTE]at least they have made a start...although a couple of years late...:confused:

True but not much comfort to all the Cup owners out there...

I know its not a massive deal but a small part of me decided to buy the Cup as I was interested to see what Renaultsport options would come out as stated by Renault.

I just feel a little cheated that nothing ever happened and Renault have offered no explaination or appology.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by subliminaljay on 16 February 2005

Not sure if I should of got these in my 182 coming 1st March?
Im not even sure you can order these yet, they are listed as an option but Im not sure you can actually add it to an order yet.

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 16 February 2005
Was it ever promised though or just rumours?

It was printed in the brochure!!!