ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refitting dashboard 182 nightmare!!

182, Mk1 Golf Gti
Hi guys,

Took my dash off to lay cables and fit new tweeters but can I get the bloody thing back on!!

It appears that the passenger side is the problem, I've slid the dash prongs in to the 3 hooks at the back of the airbag but there is about an inch left until the dash reaches the windscreen. I think the centre console is not perfect as well as there is about a 10mm gap. The drivers side seems fine and the screw holes all align.

Does anybody have any tips?

Cheers

Rich

182, Mk1 Golf Gti
anybody? this must affect other people as I've never come across a panel so stubborn before lol

182, Mk1 Golf Gti
I've spent about 4 hours on it now and still can't get it to sit right. The centre console is the problem, I can't get the console to meet the clock panel, there is about a 5mm gap!

Titanium 182
just make sure all is back in its place nothing sticking out etc . i had my top dash off this evening and went back on first time with no problems . got it lined up and just pushed it in

182, Mk1 Golf Gti
i think it might be the clips at the back of the screen not aligning . will try again tomorrow with a fresh mind.cheers

extreme flamer
I think I've got the same problem on my 1.2, the clock panel doesn't meet up with the top of the dashboard somehow? Does it just take a good bit of messing around with it?

I very vaguely remember reading something on here a while back about having to bend some clips or something because they were bent when removing it which meant they were sliding above when they should've been below the hook when it was pushed back on or the other way round.
Can't really remember though.!

182, Mk1 Golf Gti
Got to the bottom of the problem now. The 3 guide holes of the back of the air bag were out of place. Phew!! 6 hours spent in total... Hope I never have to touch the dash again! :)