ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Dash top - 172

Dont try and do it in the dark, Its comes out ok but getting it to sit back in the right place is a b**ch.

Oh and you WILL need two people.

Hi Sorry about that, dunno what happened, but this was what I mean to post:

Hi Guys,

Finally got a 172 mkII which I am very happy with. Busy going through a process of eliminating all the rattles and stuff and I am almost finished, just need to find one that comes from above the speedo and rev counter, so I want ot remove the dash top. I been reading some of the other posts about this and just wanted to someone to confirm what I need to do.

1) Remove plastic panels from A Pillars

2) Remove 3 torx screws from front of dash (Located in the vent which blows on the windscreen ?)

3) Remove 2 screws from the sides of the dash ( Visible when doors are open)

4) Remove carbon look strip from passenger side and 3 screws underneath. Does the little strip on the drivers side also need ot be removed and what is the best way to do this without damaging it ?

5) lift off dash top. Is that it then ? Does the dash top clip in anywhere is does it just come off one all the screws are out ? Have I missed anything ?