ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing shifter spring pin / lower gaitor & boot trim part numbers

Disassembling 182 shifter with yanoo 3.0

I'm not sure how to remove the spring pin

905E81CB-81A1-474A-AA0D-04CC94BC77D2.jpeg

Hammer it out with a small chisel?

The lower gaitor was torn, could anyone help me with the part number please?

It says 77 00 863 684 G but this just comes up with a few Russian search results in google

0D46B2CE-C580-49C4-805D-B258B8483AE2.jpeg

Also looking for the boot trim clip part number if anyone knows it?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Disassembling 182 shifter with yanoo 3.0

I'm not sure how to remove the spring pin

View attachment 1489350
Hammer it out with a small chisel?

The lower gaitor was torn, could anyone help me with the part number please?

It says 77 00 863 684 G but this just comes up with a few Russian search results in google

View attachment 1489355

Also looking for the boot trim clip part number if anyone knows it?
So a bit higher up, within the gearbox surround is a circlip you have to remove. You can then pull the whole rod out of the housing to get better access to the spring clip.

Use a small punch, although a screwdriver will do to hammer out the spring pin.

Unfortunately you can't get those boots from anywhere! Either do your best to keep it intact (as best as you can, obviously its split in two) and re-use it, or I had some success using a saxo steering rack boot. You do need to cut it down though for it to fit and cover up the ball.

IMHO youll be fine re-using what you already have. Can buy this kit if you'd like - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-REN...945020?hash=item2f3ef8a33c:g:~k0AAOSwn4BeXiZS which basically replaces the split boot and holds tighter against the rod.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-REN...945020?hash=item2f3ef8a33c:g:~k0AAOSwn4BeXiZS which basically replaces the split boot and holds tighter against the rod.

Thanks Louis!

I have circlip remover on my list to get from Halfords tmw; my pliers were too big & a pair of scissors didn't 'cut it'

Thanks for the link; I'd looked at that one but doesn't list for mk2 clio, guess they are similar?

There was quite a lot of movement in the ball around the shaft, not sure why, so want to figure out what's failed / not been fitted correctly, then try to eliminate the play and creaking

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Louis!

I have circlip remover on my list to get from Halfords tmw; my pliers were too big & a pair of scissors didn't 'cut it'

Thanks for the link; I'd looked at that one but doesn't list for mk2 clio, guess they are similar?

There was quite a lot of movement in the ball around the shaft, not sure why, so want to figure out what's failed / not been fitted correctly, then try to eliminate the play and creaking

View attachment 1489364

Looks like the red ball has cracked.

The kit I linked to is correct for the megane and the clio. Basically a black rubber insert (red if yanoo like yours) fits tightly around the shaft, then the white plastic ball clips around this. After that the black rubber housing contains the ball with another two flat plates compressing it to allow the 360 movement.

The ball has ridges which wear away causing slop in the linkage. Cheapest way to sort this is by buying the kit above then placing an oring around the ball and between the two plates.