ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 4+ offer on all new cars. (repost?)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
http://www.renault.co.uk/4plus/

4 year warranty / 100,000 miles.

4 years servicing / 48,000 miles (80,000 on vans)

4 years roadside recovery

4 years finance available

All standard on new cars from Renault. Not a bad deal on first appearance.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
All depends on how much extra it all costs. Obviously, 4 years won't cover cambelts and major services, but should come in useful overall.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They can't even manage to get cars to last 3 years so what are they planning on doing during the 4th year?

Steering wheels melting, seats falling apart, climate control buttons wearing so thin that they go see through, paint flaking on alloy wheels....

White clique
it looks like a good deal in principle, but i bought a 5 year / unlimited mileage service pack from BMW for my car for just £370, and recovery can be had for £40 a year or so, additional years warranty is good for peace of mind. TBH it amounts to about £700 worth of additional extras - a nice to have but not amazing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So tempted to have a look at a new 200 on this deal...till I realised its a lot of money for a Clio.

The RS has never been cheap though. Even the Williams and Ph1 172 were a fair chunk.

It's the residuals that are the problem. Have you seen the price of a 7 year old RS Clio? 3k ish.

From 16/17k for a 182?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
The RS has never been cheap though. Even the Williams and Ph1 172 were a fair chunk.

It's the residuals that are the problem. Have you seen the price of a 7 year old RS Clio? 3k ish.

From 16/17k for a 182?

But then I have never met anyone who bought a 182 at list price. the going rate was 12.5k back in 2004. My experience the RS has always been better value than its competitors.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it looks like a good deal in principle, but i bought a 5 year / unlimited mileage service pack from BMW for my car for just £370, and recovery can be had for £40 a year or so, additional years warranty is good for peace of mind. TBH it amounts to about £700 worth of additional extras - a nice to have but not amazing.

It is at no cost, so it is good to see Renault starting to improve their warranty etc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But then I have never met anyone who bought a 182 at list price. the going rate was 12.5k back in 2004. My experience the RS has always been better value than its competitors.

Bloody cheap car then. List price on a ph1 172 was over 16k in 2000.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i paid 12k iirc for my 2003 cup brand new, they were cheap.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Just to bump this, my other half bought a Grand Scenic on this scheme (but paid cash), Renault are currently saying the car has 4 year warranty, 4 year roadside but are saying it doesn't have the 4 year free servicing (despite being told this at the time of sale) not impressed at the moment.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just to bump this, my other half bought a Grand Scenic on this scheme (but paid cash), Renault are currently saying the car has 4 year warranty, 4 year roadside but are saying it doesn't have the 4 year free servicing (despite being told this at the time of sale) not impressed at the moment.

PM me your registration number and I'll'll confirm for you. But yes, all orders on cars now that are not on selections (PCP) don't qualify for the servicing element of 4+.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
PM'd (thanks). This isn't a new order by the way, the car was bought some time ago.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
I think the 4+ deal changed from including the servicing package even if you paid cash to only including servicing if you nought through their finance on the 1st Jan 2014.

Caused some confusion when booking my megane in for 1st service this week.

You should be able to download the original 4+ certificate from your "myrenault" login.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The car was bought well before that, the issue seems to have been that because the car was a dealer demo that it shouldn't have been covered with 4 years servicing, but the point is we were told at the time of sale that it would be. The dealership seem to have taken this on-board and are willing to service it for free, but they are currently saying the next service (4 year) wouldn't be covered, so I'm going to talk to them in-person about that one when the car goes in (their head of sales has apparently reviewed the paperwork and can see we were told it would have 4 years servicing) so why they are trying to get away with only 2 years cover I don't know.