ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio 1.2 16v

renault clio 1.2 16v
I have a renault clio 1.2 16v dynamique 02 plate, it has the following mods
* Induction kit cone.
* single exhaust, aftermarket
* lowering springs
* The shat that connects the weheels at the back have been shortened so when i go over a bump it doesnt touch the outside frame of the car, i can go over speed bumps and not hitting the wheels on the frame
* 16 inch silver dj wheels, 17 spokes.
* 2 10 inch subs, jbl 6 by 9`s and a sony mp3 player.
* new type side skirts.

I am only 17 and i got this car given too me, i am just waiting too pass!
icon6.png

renault clio 1.2 16v
I have pretty much done the standard things people normally do to get the car sounding nice and that little faster in power, its great on handling but the power and speed lack a tad, any ideas on what i could do? not anything extreme :s

renault clio 1.2 16v
My car is looking quite chavvy atm so im gonna take the spolier off and maybe the side skirts.......

renault clio 1.2 16v
haha why the 6 by 9`s? :p thats the thing though i got this car as kind of a present from my brother, i haven't paid anything for ATM...nah no chance putting it standard :L is there anything i can do? i know its bit of a typical question but anythings good advice tbh

renault clio 1.2 16v
sorry dont know all mechanical words for it :s i meant shaft :L yeah will put some pics up later on today, yeah its atm, need few things doing too it .....

renault clio 1.2 16v
nah it doesnt rub or anything, its better then just having it lowered, its easy over bumps and never scrapes when i do....

renault clio 1.2 16v
noooo idealike i said i got this car given to me :S so i had no choice but too take it, is it bad?, can someone tell me how to upload pics plz

clio 5door sport rep
upload the pics to imageshack or tinypic.... Then when it's
Uploaded copy the forum link thing.... Then I'm your post click the icon that looks like a picture... Then click the upload from website
Link. Untick the wee box that's says direct link or
Something. Paste the code in and post. BOOM

renault clio 1.2 16v
only way it was working for me.....im gonna take the spoiler off and the stickers have already been taken off....i might take the side skirts off aswel.

Clio Dynamique Noir
That was a bit of a fail on the uploading there...Also bit of an anti climax on the car, not my cup of tea.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
haha, i was expecting it to be bad. not that bad though

car is hideously chavvy.

loose the side skirts, spoiler, sun strip

and i could be wrong, but do you have an aerial fin at the front and rear of the roof ? wtf lol

renault clio 1.2 16v
yeah ino :/ ive taking the front little shitty aeriol fin but might take back one off aswel.taken the stickers off, trying to take off the spoiler and thhe dashboard is going aswel 30 pound for a second hand one off ebay and and im not really sure how much its gonna cos to fit it for :s side skirt coming off aswel? should i leave the side skirt standard or should a buy a little sideskirt to neaten it up and make it look better?

Bora.
Atleast your trying to "De-Chav" it buddy, you can buy non-sport side skirts from ebay and colour code them if you wish, lose the skirts you have atm, lose the wheels, get a nicer set and coilovers, any pictures of the rear?

also remove the rear fin and get a standard ariel on ;) i had one on my car (previous owner put it on) and i removed it, looks so much better now.

renault clio 1.2 16v
arite :L yeah i'll probably start driving it in the next 2 months when i pass my test.soo plenty of time to de chav it :p i dont wanna mess with the wheels cos i havent got that type of money, side skirts and i can get, i might keep the fin bit but if it looks silly then i'll take it off, that spoiler needs coming off aswel, just need to find a really small thin allen key...yeah i'll put a picture up now :D

MK3 GTI golf 16v
loose the spoiler and the side skirts and the front fin.

the rear fins alright to be honest and the wheels arent the end of the world, did you say your brother gave you this car? is he a massive bender? lol

MK3 GTI golf 16v
lmao at the steering wheel, looks like something out of 2fast 2 furious drove through halfords

renault clio 1.2 16v
naah it was never his....he had a skoda fabia 1.9 sdi really standard and crappy, it was ragged and horrible. he swapped it for this and the guy gave him 100 aswel. when he got it he knew he would have to do stuff too it soo he couldnt be arsed and gave it too me cos i@ll be passing soon. after all the chavvy s**t i have to admit it handles very well around corners, but still renault is never a first choice for me.....its only 90,000 on clcok and its had a new engine that was on 20,000,

MK3 GTI golf 16v
ah right, well just get rid of the crappy chav stuff and start again really. it handles well because they are good cars mate

renault clio 1.2 16v
yeee, so spoiler side skirts and the top fin? yeah well i got it given to me so im lucky enough at that :L what you driving? any suggestions on best way modifying engine even tho it is a little 1.2. making it lighter was my first option.....

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i have a phase 1 172 (2litre RS clio) very good cars mate, i have a 1.2 before that as well

engine mods i wouldnt bother with mate, you wont get anything out of it. dont bother with induction or anything it will probably loose you power

best bets are to make it lighter in whatever way possible then handling/looks etc

on my 1.2 i had : AP coilovers and lowered it. sport seats. hrc alloys. and an exhaust. there aint a huge amount else worth doing to them mate

just dont waste any money on engine mods as youll get no where and could spend it better elsewhere

renault clio 1.2 16v
arite, its got a cone air filter and full exhaust but these were already attacthed when i got it. how did you make your's lighter? is there no point like remapping it or something? handling's the best atm, don't see any point in changing that, should i take out the air filter or just leave it then? they are actually dece cars when you do the right hings lol just been looking at some clio`s for first time and there not bad at all...

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i didnt bother making mine lighter lol just made it look nice

a remap is probably the only good performance idea, not sure what gains youll get though might end up being a bit of a waste of money

i hugely prefer the cars on coilovers too standard but its personal preference and whether you want to spend that much

renault clio 1.2 16v
I'm considering getting it remappped, ive seen one that was on a williams clio and he has putit up for sale, will this work in my clio? and how much will it cost to get it fitted ?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
its not for your car and its probably a load of s**t mate, i doubt it will do anything if not make things worse. remapping the standard ecu is an idea, might get a bit of power and some better drive ability out of it but its whether you can justify the money for it on a small engine