ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio 1.2 16v

renault clio 1.2 16v
hhmmm arite, all this remapping stuff i'll have to look into, but at the same time cba. might just leave it as it is and make the car look better then worry about that later....standard ecu?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
the ecu is the cars computer, when you "remap a car" you adjust the settings on the computer basicly. those ebay chips are just a load of nonsense

i would ignore performance and just worry about looks

renault clio 1.2 16v
yeah cos my car does need a few things doing :p but can i get this done at any garage because of it just be changing setting through the little computer device? sorry too nag but how does it work and is there something you have to but before you change setting?:approve:

renault clio 1.2 16v
yeah cos my car does need a few things doing :p but can i get this done at any garage because of it just be changing setting through the little computer device? sorry too nag but how does it work and is there something you have to but before you change setting?:approve:
have to buy *

2nd Black 1.2
did you say you were paying to get the dash fitted? theres a guide on here i followed and it worked perfectly. and i agree with the performance side of things, leave them be. looks are where to go in a 1.2. and dont let the 'save your money and get a renaultsport hur hur hur' brigade put you off, im sure youd rather drive about in something that your happy woth the way it looks, like me. :)

renault clio 1.2 16v
yeah just need to but the dashboard and get someone too fit it. is it easy to fit with that guidline? dont want too screw it up tho...

2nd Black 1.2
very easy, i thought i f*cked up cause it wasnt clipping in, read it again, realised what i was doing and went in in five seconds haha, use it, better than paying £40 to have someone fit it when that could be in your pocket..

renault clio 1.2 16v
arite yeah but this isnt just my dashboard tho, its the underpiece of it aswel,as you will see on my picture that i posted before.. even with the steering wheel in the way? can you send me a link or something to them guidlines pleasee.

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
yeah ino :/ ive taking the front little s**tty aeriol fin but might take back one off aswel.taken the stickers off, trying to take off the spoiler and thhe dashboard is going aswel 30 pound for a second hand one off ebay and and im not really sure how much its gonna cos to fit it for :s side skirt coming off aswel? should i leave the side skirt standard or should a buy a little sideskirt to neaten it up and make it look better?

That's pretty chavvy, I'd restore the whole thing to stock, maybe keep the wheels if you want. But it looks like a halfords special at the moment!

renault clio 1.2 16v
£35 for the dashboard and 60 for fitting it.go in for repair aswel next couple of weeks, for little scratches and dints etc....spoiler and sideskirt also coming off and maybe but a little sideskirt to make it look neater.

renault clio 1.2 16v
yeah gonna make it look more standard.keeping wheels.but end of the day its just a clio nothing really special...its already lowered...i srsly dont know what to get for it tho.to make it look better,whats the best looking kits!

Vectra
yeah gonna make it look more standard.keeping wheels.but end of the day its just a clio nothing really special...its already lowered...i srsly dont know what to get for it tho.to make it look better,whats the best looking kits!

take all that crap off once you have that it will look loads better! after that instead of looking at bodykits or anything like that take it in to a bodyshop and get front bumper smoothed along with a 172 back bumper that would be great! them wheels have to go imo depending on budget get some decent rims and sell your current ones get some Lenso BSX's maybe...and finally coilovers you can pick them up reasonably cheap now dont waste money on springs

as for the dash board/steering wheel and the rest of that junk you have in there...go back to standard and get some carbon wrap its cheap enough and wrap dash strips...simple but effective and thats what you want!

All that wont cost as much as you may think either!

renault clio 1.2 16v
i duont know i might just keep the wheels.i`ll put pics up too show what ive done tomorrow, what do you mean smoothened? everyones always talking about colovers and i have no idea what they are :s everyone keeps saying to get them....whats this carbon wrap thing? will i be able to do it myself after i put the standard dashboard oh.cheers for telling me what to do...i was a bit lost :p

renault clio 1.2 16v
are you srs about the drive shaft thing cos i dont know what he`s done.....its lowered with low profile tires and when ever i go over a speed bump it never scrapes even at his speeds...the wheel go under the arches so its not touching the outer frame... somet like that :S

are you srs about the drive shaft thing cos i dont know what he`s done.....its lowered with low profile tires and when ever i go over a speed bump it never scrapes even at his speeds...the wheel go under the arches so its not touching the outer frame... somet like that :S

Rear driveshaft mod. Clio 4x4 ftw!

Seriously though, take some pics around the rear end / underneath. I'd love to know what he's done.

Vectra
Coilovers: Allow you to adjust the ride height

Smoothing: Hard to explain...but if you use the search bar or Google images you will see straight away

Carbon Wrap: Can buy off eBay cheap, very easy to apply and its simple but effective

renault clio 1.2 16v
ahh yeah i see what you mean about that smoothened thing. that carbon wrap is it for the top hood of your car or the dashboard interior?
I`ll put some up later mate :)

Vectra
ahh yeah i see what you mean about that smoothened thing. that carbon wrap is it for the top hood of your car or the dashboard interior?
I`ll put some up later mate :)

Carbon Wrap is cheap so its worth it , you can wrap:
-front/rear diamonds
-interior strips
-fog surrounds
you can wrap almost anything :)

Black clio ph2 172
Failing the Dj decks fit one of these

all girls need to do a wee....you could be a life saver

1038-010811-111508-131-010-.jpg

Inferno 182
Hahahaha^^^^

Also about the (rear driveshaft lol), maybe it had spacers on but then took them off lol? And best thing to do is definately remove that spoiler! Get rid of anything that says 'ripspeed', remove stickers, 6x9's, front ariel, dash, 2fast2furious steering wheel lol, and get smaller wheels. Have a look for non sport projects on here and that will give you an idea of what to do to yours :)

renault clio 1.2 16v
ariel off.stickers off.leaving speakers.trying to get the spoiler off. that rear thing i have no idea, i`ll take it too some garage and see what they say, i expected someone on here to know what theyve done to it or are you all beginners :p dashboard getting standard fitted..considering the carbon wrap sounds pretty deece. cthem wheels are 15`s i think, doubt there 16`s........will do.......

Vectra
Carbon Wrap dash inserts and front/rear diamonds and fog light surrounds! that will look clean and simple but effective

As for the wheels go for either 15s or 16s anything more that than imo doesn't look right, you looking into getting coilovers?

renault clio 1.2 16v
probably not cos im not 100% sure what they are and how they work...i mean its already lowered with wheels why mess about more?

Inferno 182
Take a close up pic of where the spoiler is attached. Hopefully theyve not done a bodge job and used 'no more nails' or some sort of strong glue. And them wheels look like 17s, theyre definately not 15's.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
can't be bothered to read the whole thread, i just looked at the pictures and i really hope the OP is fixing it

Vectra
probably not cos im not 100% sure what they are and how they work...i mean its already lowered with wheels why mess about more?

Whats not to understand about coilovers?
Coilovers are a must! your wheels not being nasty mate but there sh*t it has to be said like ive already mentioned sell them and get some decent rims all depends on what look your trying to achieve, the rims you currently have scream pure sh*t cheap chav wheels imo. Get some 15s or 16s with decent lows (coilovers) imo anything more than 16" looks outta place

renault clio 1.2 16v
yeah maybe if i can get my hands on some good wheels...i dont really like the plain 172 alloys that are just silver with 3 or 4 spokes..if i do consider buying any it would be the black renault sport ones with more spokes, if you know which one im talking about....got some pics now i`ll put them up.

Vectra
yeah maybe if i can get my hands on some good wheels...i dont really like the plain 172 alloys that are just silver with 3 or 4 spokes..if i do consider buying any it would be the black renault sport ones with more spokes, if you know which one im talking about....got some pics now i`ll put them up.

Yeah I know what Renault Rims your on about mate..If you do get them dont go spraying them bright colours keep them simple say Black or Antha...Nearly everyone has them in those colours but they dont look good in any other IMO plus if you do get them you may not need coilovers you may just need say 60mm springs and it will sit nicely

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
my god, thought it was bad in the first pic but got even worse in the second.
For wheels, you can down the usual route for 16 inch wheels such as speedline turinis (which are on cups/trophys etc), team dynamic pro race 1.2's, or o.z. superleggera/ultraleggera's.

You can colour code your side strips as well.

As for coilovers they are height adjustable, some can be adjusted to how hard you want them as well. search for fk, vmaxx etc.
Check your bolt spacing on the hub where the suspension in bolted in behind the disc. There are different spacing's for the mk2 ph2's

Hope that helps bud

MK3, RX450H.
A lot of folk seem to be giving you abuse for the car.
Take the vile skirts and spoiler off. Smaller alloys, get rid of the sun strip.
Get some coilovers, lower it, small - maybe standard- alloys and it'll be alright..

All in all it's a lot of work so sell it and get a clean standard one?

renault clio 1.2 16v
ahh yeah cheers for advise guys :) nah because if i sell it i wouldnt get another clio, i`d probably get a toyota starlet or a civic..i`ll just take all the spoiler side skirts off and stickers, and later on i`ll get new wheels...its going for a paint job soon as well....its a lot of work and money but im not paying for it, its my brothers who`s been spending money on it :p

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
jesus christ, i actualy LOL'd when i scrolled down and seen that first picture...

as everyone else says, just remove all the s**t and it will look 100 times better!