ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.6 16v Turbo project

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
hi, I am juan pablo,i am from Chile, i have a renault clio 1.6 16v, with my friend pancho, that also this one is registered, we have this project and we want to show it to see if you can help us in something.

well, the project contains the following things:
- KKK K16 Turbo
- External Wastegate
- Fmic From an EVO
- Safc 2 apexi
- 380cc inyectors
- Walbro Fuel pump
- custom manifold (stainless steel)
- downpipe, exhaust and intercooler tubes( stainless steel)
- Water/methanol inyection system
- cylinder headwork
- HKS sqqv blow off
- ECU reprogramation
- Greddy gauges
- coil overs
- sparco wheels
here you hve some pics:

[URL="http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clioks5.jpg"] [/URL]

Thank you very much and I hope that we are welcome, regards for all.

Looks like your going well ewhat help do you need?

hi, well ¡ want to know how many WHP will my conrods or my pistons resist? and if i have to change my gearbox.
thank a lot

RPM will kill your engine not boost assuming you control det etc.

Your probelm is running over say 150hp even on 98ROn on a stock engine you'll end up deting so you'll need to lower the CR or else do other bits internally or start playing with water injection.

Gearbox is ok upto about 146lb offically from Renault but it will take more about 170lb torque and the clutch will start to go IMO. How much abuse you give it will be its week point. You could upgrade from your JC3 to a JC5 box from a 172 etc as there stronger but again depends how hard you are.

Personally whilct I lovbe seeing people do protects like this a 172 engine transplant is more reliable and cheaper but it depends on the laws of your country sometimes.

renault clio turbo;)
hi edde:
I am a friend of waton, i have a question for you.
i want to now how whp my coneroads resist?, I NEED YOUR HELP
THANKS

hi edde:
I am a friend of waton, i have a question for you.
i want to now how whp my coneroads resist?, I NEED YOUR HELP
THANKS
Its rpm not boost/hp which will kill them the thing you need to control is det you need to lower the CR of the engine ro run higher RON fuel/water injection etc.

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
well edde, i have lower CR, and the DET i an contorl it with the water=methanol inyection and apexi, thats no problem, but whith this things, how much boost you thing that i can generate safetly to my engine? thanks a lot

well edde, i have lower CR, and the DET i an contorl it with the water=methanol inyection and apexi, thats no problem, but whith this things, how much boost you thing that i can generate safetly to my engine? thanks a lot

If you use normal fuel I'd say about 180hp is probably about the limit with an intercooler and more long term cooling using just water etc seems a waste.

If you can get the water to atomise and realy cool them I'd guess gearbox will be your big problem say 220hp but you'd need a fair bit ot water with no intercooler.

Higher RON fule and water and the engine other bits ie Pistosn would be the nest week spot say about 250hp.