ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Knobs!

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Popped into my local dealer today to price up a new gearknob for the 172 cup.

We knew it wasnt going to be cheap but Renault wanted:

MK1 172 - £69
MK2 172 - £67
172 Cup - £63
182 - £190 <------wtf!!???

We ended up buying one from a dynamique - £20

How do they justify the cost of a little bit of plastic?

Is it rip-off Britain or do other countries get stung as well?

Rant over

H

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

thats awful i managed to get a free gear gaitor today off my dealer as they ripped the one i used to have, so now i have a nice shiny new gaitor with a 15months worth of wear gear knob - champion, some dealers really take the biscuit. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wonder how much the gaitor was £50 quid i bet!!:mad:

unlucky tomboy what happened to the original one? id have gota custom one for about 20 odd from demon tweeks - still depends if you want it standard or nae - think it may be rip off uk, but i bet there was vat, delivery and wads of other tax pisch to pay on it - wouldnt be UK otherwise:mad:

Golf R/Leon FR

u shud have tried a scrap yard or ebay probably would have got one cheaper. or if ur cars under warranty shouldnt they change it?

Chocolate Bar™

nah its not, because its interior trim, so unless they scratch or damage it then its not their responsibility.

as for the gaitor - mine was £4.77 from Renault (y)

Ziel Nurburgring

Would have been cheaper to stick a Momo one on there.

We must be able to get cheap parts from renault, we are renault clio club after all.