ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renault Laguna BTCC Super Touring Track Car Project

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
20210419_203019.jpg

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Incredible work, what colour is the interior being sprayed? Same as the exterior to make applying the decal pack easier? Or is the exterior going to be full wrap?

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
The interior is going the same grey the supertourer was painted in. The exterior is staying green and then the decal pack

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
So because I like a project and clearly don't enjoy having spare time alongside the laguna I've also been building my new showroom/ photo booth over the past few weeks and obviously the laguna was the first car in there yesterday.

Today its been wheeled next door to the workshop and its time to start pulling the engine and running gear out.....here we go.
20210506_140009.jpg
20210506_135941.jpg
20210506_135953.jpg
IMG_20210506_134444_479.jpg
20210506_170820.jpg

Apart from being green and the cage being similar, do you have any "supertouring esque" plans?

Love the idea of a green mk1 on gold wheels. It's going to look great.

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
Apart from being green and the cage being similar, do you have any "supertouring esque" plans?

Love the idea of a green mk1 on gold wheels. It's going to look great.
We will see how it pans out. For now it's pretty much going to be built to a high track spec with the super touring livery.

I think it’s a shame that the Laguna’s rear end is no more sophisticated than a clio or megane, but I guess this should still be more capable than a clio in medium speed corners due to being able to fit much wider tyres?

How much do mk1 weigh?