ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Mégane R26.R VS Clio V6 Autocar

Umm, Twr on a mk2 ??? nope !!!

Does he not know about the FRS coming out ??

He says, a decent mk2 like this one for over 15k, yeah true, but over 19k for an LY though.

Yet another motoring journalist who knows nothing.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Shame they were so misinformed. IIRC, the ph1 Vee was more oversteery than the ph2, and TWR did the ph1 not the ph2 (Porsche helped develop the ph2). Seems like the presenter was a moron.

Clio v6
Imagine even being seen in a Megane let alone going on video in one!

Another overweight magazine reader thinking he has enough motoring knowledge to become a presenter.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Autocar lost all their good testers apart from colin goodwin, to drivers republic. Chris harris was there main guy and so much better. Started up their own site.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
he doesnt sound like a very good presenter... sounds like he is bored when he is talking about them!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
He didn't seem comfortable infront of the lens at all. I'm sure TWR was gone by the time the ph2 came out.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Usual pisch! Factually incorrect and again missing the whole point of the car. Over a second quicker to 60 too!

Vee if driven right is A/ more fun and B/ Offen quicker.

Megane imo isn't worth it, Buy an R26 Buy R888 and you'll be just as fast!

Usual pisch! Factually incorrect and again missing the whole point of the car. Over a second quicker to 60 too!

I thought the point of the R26.R was the huge weight reduction? I really can't see how it wouldn't make a difference over a standard R26. Maybe you just don't "get" the Megane ;)

Tangoed Works
TBH they are totally different motors. The V6 just totally insane and the R26R a point to point missile. Both equally worthy imo.

Golf 7R
Megane imo isn't worth it, Buy an R26 Buy R888 and you'll be just as fast![/quote]

How exactly?

The R is 125Kgs lighter!

TBH they are totally different motors. The V6 just totally insane and the R26R a point to point missile. Both equally worthy imo.

And that's pretty much what the verdict was in the video really. The Vee boys are just chesting up because the guy said it wasn't quicker than a 182 ;) Granted though there some pretty obvious factual c**k-ups.

Meh! Care?!

It seems you do care though.

Obviously facts aren't too important, as you're happily talking about the R26.R without knowing much about it. It's got different spring rates for starters, so you'd also have to change those, and fit plastic windows ;)

MCS R56

He mentioned the noise and the looks - that's the whole point of the V6. What's over a second quicker to 60? 5.8 v 6.0?

Have you driven the R26.R?

320d
Completely different cars tbh.

To drive on track or down a B Road i'd choose the Meggy. If i had to have one for everyday it would be the Vee, one of the best looking cars ever tbh, then theres the sound...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It seems you do care though.

Obviously facts aren't too important, as you're happily talking about the R26.R without knowing much about it. It's got different spring rates for starters, so you'd also have to change those, and fit plastic windows ;)

For 9/10 drivers i very much doubt you'd notice a different!! I'm sure it's a decent motor. Just looks pisch!

He mentioned the noise and the looks - that's the whole point of the V6. What's over a second quicker to 60? 5.8 v 6.0?

Have you driven the R26.R?

No. But i've driven the R26 and liked it...But just don't see the point in the R26R if you want a track car buy an Exige or a Caterham.

182 - 6.9 V6 5.7... :S

But i've driven the R26 and liked it...But just don't see the point in the R26R if you want a track car buy an Exige or a Caterham.

Ironically isn't the R26R supposed to be nicer to drive on the road? The lighter weight meant they could use much softer spring rates without introducing body roll.

For 9/10 drivers i very much doubt you'd notice a different!! I'm sure it's a decent motor. Just looks pisch!

No. But i've driven the R26 and liked it...But just don't see the point in the R26R if you want a track car buy an Exige or a Caterham.

182 - 6.9 V6 5.7... :S

The spring rates are different because the car is so much lighter. So I think one would notice the difference. Most road tests comment on the pliant ride because of this. It seems an R26 of the same weight, would shake your fillings out. The looks are obviously just your opinion and don't change the facts. I personally think the V6 looks 'pisch'. Yeah, unbelievable that not everyone likes the mighty Vee. I probably just don't get it though.

No doubt the V6 is quicker :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Vee's now a 5yr old car...Why do they compare them. If i was driving both cars on a track day i would probably say i could go quicker in the Megane...That was my feeling at Cadwell! But fun!? Nahhh!

Vee's now a 5yr old car...Why do they compare them.

The feature is about the two most recent hardcore hatchbacks made by Renault. For someone so worried about the 'facts' you don't seem to know much about any of the cars in question, and don't even know what the video was about. :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The feature is about the two most recent hardcore hatchbacks made by Renault. For someone so worried about the 'facts' you don't seem to know much about any of the cars in question, and don't even know what the video was about. :rasp:

You don't own either so...Blow me?? ;)

For what it's worth, when I had a Gtech in my shed, it recorded a 0-60 time of 6.41

I've no idea how accurate it was though.

You don't own either so...Blow me?? ;)

I don't need to own either. I haven't given an opinion on either besides looks. I'm simply setting you straight on a few facts. You're the one so worried about the facts, but only when someone dares to dis your beloved V6 lol ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oh look, the 2 most biased people on the forum are disputing timed 0-60's ;).
The renault time was 6.9, as tested it was quicker (a la Pug 306), kept the insurance rating low. Carry on girls.

Oh look, the 2 most biased people on the forum are disputing timed 0-60's ;).
The renault time was 6.9, as tested it was quicker (a la Pug 306), kept the insurance rating low. Carry on girls.

Hang on a minute there tiger. What am I being biased about exactly? I couldn't give a toss about my 182. It's a s**t car and I often say so. What are you on, and can I have some? :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I don't need to own either. I haven't given an opinion on either besides looks. I'm simply setting you straight on a few facts. You're the one so worried about the facts, but only when someone dares to dis your beloved V6 lol ;)

Horse on fella! I like the v6. Will naturally defend it up to a certain point. Esp from folk that are clueless!! You for example! ;) I've even said the R26 is prob a better car, i was more pissed by the crappy vid! Inaccuracy's!

xx