ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Mégane R26.R VS Clio V6 Autocar

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I used my Ghetoo g-metre and manged 5.44, & 5.67...before i started smelling clutch! Never again will i launch a vee!

It's the offline traction you get which i love! The 172 just sits and spins the wheels! Pahh!

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Evo mag testing the Mk 2 V6 said Renault's figures were too slow, it was more like 5.2 secs 0-60.

Nope thats just Renault dodgy speedometers LOL

clio.jpg

Would like to see the VW on the road

vww12.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
An R26R would blitz a Vee on any track. Wether it's better to drive, we'll have to wait and see, so far AFAIK no-one in this thread has driven both.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
An R26R would blitz a Vee on any track. Wether it's better to drive, we'll have to wait and see, so far AFAIK no-one in this thread has driven both.

it would beat it NOT blitz it! Get a grip! i can do Knockhill in 59sec in the Caterham on slicks and 104 in the vee! Std!

All depends who's driving too! How many truely capable drivers buy an r26R...one would imagine the lesser part of 50%!!!

prime example is John (2live) in him Williams i bet you the 20£ he's tan both the vee and R26R on track, through sheer balls and a complete lack of common sence! lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It would. Same driver, it would. Higher power to weight, more grip (r888's). It will. Admit it. We're assuming the Vee hasn't spun of and burst into flames.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It would. Same driver, it would. Higher power to weight, more grip (r888's). It will. Admit it. We're assuming the Vee hasn't spun of and burst into flames.

Blow me WarrenG! It wouldn't blitz it! It would beat it.

MCS R56
I used my Ghetoo g-metre and manged 5.44, & 5.67...before i started smelling clutch! Never again will i launch a vee!

It's the offline traction you get which i love! The 172 just sits and spins the wheels! Pahh!

Try a Cup! Limiter, smoke, the lot!

Tav

Clio 197
it would beat it NOT blitz it! Get a grip! i can do Knockhill in 59sec in the Caterham on slicks and 104 in the vee! Std!

Does that not maybe mean you are slow in the Caterham rather than the Vee is fast? :rasp: jokes!

Clio V6 255
I dont think the Phase 1 is quicker than the Meg

http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?pid=mph100

0-100 times

V6 14.6
R26-R 14.7

0-60

V6 5.8(ish)
R26-R 6.0

So the PH2 V6 is very very slightly quicker in a straight line

I am just changing into 5th at 110.... and it keeps going strong. Please dont tell me the R26R has as much top end power as the Vee.... Lets be honest about it. Handling maybe but not in power in a straight line.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
The Vee gets so much traction off the line and always make good launches.

^^^ I'm sure the Megane is still in 4th at that speed and so would a 1*2.

They very even cars in a straight line I would of thought, remapped the R26R would give it an cheap advantage though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

All depends who's driving too! How many truely capable drivers buy an r26R...one would imagine the lesser part of 50%!!!

prime example is John (2live) in him Williams i bet you the 20£ he's tan both the vee and R26R on track, through sheer balls and a complete lack of common sence! lol
Given that it's nearly 10s quicker than an exige s over the ring (running the same tyres afaik) I maintain that in the hands of the same driver, it would be considerably quicker.
PS Get a dictionary you hun.

I am just changing into 5th at 110.... and it keeps going strong. Please dont tell me the R26R has as much top end power as the Vee.... Lets be honest about it. Handling maybe but not in power in a straight line.

i can happily change into 5th at 130 in the meg.. so its gotta be even(ish)

v6 mk2
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

this thread is fcukin ridiculous, remind me why i never renewed my subs on here, ali get your self back to v6clio.net!!! you are falling into a bigger and bigger cliosport hole! lol

rps13
hahaha sweet,

glad to know i'm not the only one in the G-TECH CREW!

it's like having johnny 5 on my dash

johnny5.jpg

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wl9KIYliwk8&feature=related

v6 looks pretty planted there!!! ali would also say its the best colour but titanium is by far the quickest colour for a vee!!

Wrong on all counts.. EVERYONE knows that Black Gold is the fastest!.. ;)

Ali.. ya doing a sterling job here fella, fighting our corner against all the Vee haters...
Half of em are talking out the back of their heads, and have prob never been in a Vee when its been driven properly.. There's SO much grip and feed back from these cars! Admittedly its a different story in the wet mind, but still awsome cars.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Wrong on all counts.. EVERYONE knows that Black Gold is the fastest!.. ;)

Ali.. ya doing a sterling job here fella, fighting our corner against all the Vee haters...
Half of em are talking out the back of their heads, and have prob never been in a Vee when its been driven properly.. There's SO much grip and feed back from these cars! Admittedly its a different story in the wet mind, but still awsome cars.

Me thinks am banging my head off a brick wall! But meh!!

^^probably because you don't listen to what people are saying. Any post that isn't written by someone pulling one off over your car, you see as an attack on it. Pretty much the same as most Vee owners on here though so don't worry about it too much :D

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Some real ignorant people here

Look I have the inside scoop from a drunken Frenchman in Dieppe ok he smelt of garlic but this is what he said and I believe him 100%....

“zee fastest Clio V6 are ones painted Iliad Bluet hey had another 20BHP when they left Dieppe this is a secret”....

So that is FACT the Iliad Blue ones look and go quicker.

Next I asked him about the Megane he said

“Ultra Blue is zee fastest by a mile however the White R26-R is even faster”

I asked how quick the 172/182 were he said

“only zee women in France drive these as they are so slow and only good for picking up a few baguettes”

I tried to ask which was quicker the Vee or the Megane but he passed out then puked out 2 gallons of red wine and frogs legs and he had to get back to the factory to finish his shift @ Renault so i left at this point.... So we will never know

Everyone knows the Vee has the engine in the wrong place just think of all that wasted room.. The bass gives me another 15MPH on the straight and 40BHP I have the rolling road reports to prove it

meg12.jpg

MCS R56
Why do people think this forum is any different from most other forums? "The CS banter" is the same as any other banter on any other forum. When people want to be heard, they put their point across, and it will be shot down and backed up or whatever.

The V6 is obviously a topical issue, hence the number of replies. Get over it.

v6 mk2
You still racing btw?!

Vee has Loads of grip!! you'd be amazing! Just don't chuck it about too much!

yeah still racing in formula blue at larkhall but prob gonna change to rotax this year, just need a new engine, can keep the same chassis, jason has gone quiet on the racing the now eh, i hear he has bought himself a new toy to play with!!!??? mitsu wot?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think this sums up the average attitude a Vee owner has about his car
gollum.gif

(seemless IMO)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL! What a c**t!! lol

Chunk - Aye he's working offshore now...No racing anymore, just spannering occasionally.

Roy - i'm not bothered. I've my opinion, you've got yours... What pisses most of us 'v6' owners off is people instantly sayin the v6's crap...A/ They've never driven one..Or if they have it was a quicky round the town. And B/ It's often compared to M3's or completely irrelevant cars!? Why? who knows? It is what it is...And thats why i love it. I could sell it and buy and Evo for 0-60, or an exige for handlling or an M3 for Comfort...But for me the Vee's better than all of the forementioned...

Amen!