ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault sport 182 steering wheel sticky

Hi

I've had a 182 wheel for a few months now. The wheel is visually in good condition for the age no broken thumbgrips etc but recently the leather has become really sticky and it feels like it's melting. After a 3 mile drive this morning my hands where black. The only thing I can sort of describe it is as is if the sealant has come the leather or some thing?

Any ideas what I can do ?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Re trim or one of these
b8ecc671a0b24a166724c35cf41cda8f.jpg

PH2 172
Hi

I've had a 182 wheel for a few months now. The wheel is visually in good condition for the age no broken thumbgrips etc but recently the leather has become really sticky and it feels like it's melting. After a 3 mile drive this morning my hands where black. The only thing I can sort of describe it is as is if the sealant has come the leather or some thing?

Any ideas what I can do ?

Buy some driving gloves,seriously.

'10 Clio200
I solved that by giving it hand cream on a daily basis for one week. lots of hand lotion rubbing it with a cloth.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's just Renault poor build quality, the wheels do "melt".

This was an issue with the ph1 wheel before the ph2, then they made an improvement but the thumb grips fall apart.

What's to be taken from this is that Renault can simply not make a steering wheel.

Send it off for a re-trim and be forever happy.