ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Sport badge removal

Mr2 Roadster

At the end of the day how can you call a Renault of any description a Renault Sport... (same with my Uno)

I agree it is a wolf in sheeps clothing but the word "sport" makes me laugh. Why do people feel the need to advertise every possession they have?

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 19 May 2004

At the end of the day how can you call a Renault of any description a Renault Sport... (same with my Uno)

I agree it is a wolf in sheeps clothing but the word "sport" makes me laugh. Why do people feel the need to advertise every possession they have?
I thought RenaultSport was the brand name, like Motorsport surely ?

Mr2 Roadster

Renaultsport is a brand name as you say.

Renault Sport is what is says on the back of your car.

Only because it would take up half the boot surface area ! LOL ! If you look in the brochures they say RenaultSport.

Anyway, does it really matter, all opinion at the end of the day.

I got the dealer to take my "Sport" badge off when i ordered it. Only did it for security to deter would-be thieves as i was a bit paranoid living in manchester and this being my first sporty car. otherwise i would have left it on.

Dealer handed the badge to me when i picked it up so it wont be a prob when i come to sell it.. a bit of No-nails would do it :)

insignia

Its not a Sports badge, that you usually find on a shopping runabout. Its RenaultSport. I always think of it as a brabus to mercedes. A seperate company but not!

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 19 May 2004

I dont blame you, you drive a Fiat Uno !

;)

PS I AM JOKING ! Couldnt resist the opportunity !

:D
I know it looks sh*t but its better than looking like a gay old lady shoping wagon! lol ;)

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 19 May 2004

Its not a Sports badge, that you usually find on a shopping runabout. Its RenaultSport. I always think of it as a brabus to mercedes. A seperate company but not!
Brabus and RenaultSport in the same sentance!

Thanks for brightening my day...

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 19 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 19 May 2004

I dont blame you, you drive a Fiat Uno !

;)

PS I AM JOKING ! Couldnt resist the opportunity !

:D
I know it looks sh*t but its better than looking like a gay old lady shoping wagon! lol ;)
Ummmmmmm, yeah !

:confused:

Mr2 Roadster

My mum has a clio... ^^^ Hence my reasoning! (and y0z is a bit of an old lady too)

Quote: Originally posted by adder on 15 May 2004

Picking up my 182 next month and I want to remove the rear badges. Its just something thats a bit of a pet hate and since the advent of the wordy processor Ive always thought underlining was naff :)

Do they just pull straight off without leaving any holes?

TIA

PS Can i swap the side badges for ones that say 1.2 or dCi as well? lol
if you really want to make it look even more standard then you could send me your leather interior, they do have renault sport logo on then after all ??, ps you will probably want to take the alloys of and put some lovely 14" Steel wheels with wheel trims on

R

rich[182]

The badge should have been made specially for the car using just one word RENAULTSPORT and smaller to fit properly on tailgate instead of using same RENAULT badge that all clios have and then taking the easy option of just sticking a SPORT badge underneath, Ive seen loads of wannabees who buy the SPORT badge and stick it on any clio which in my opinion undermines what the SPORT badge is marketing etc.

SPORT doesnt mean anything, Would have been better if for example it was called Clio VT172 or something like that, Sometimes sounds like youve got a badge from Halfords and stuck it on, Theres loads of cars that have sport badges on, even ones with only 80bhp LOL