ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport in France?

Greeting from the Côte de Azur, ive been here for a week now (1000 miles) and ive seen a total of 5 RS models, x2 200's x2 182's snd a 197. Ive noticed my car gets quite alot of attention here too, so i was wondering if RenaulSport was actually popular in its own country? All i see are oil burners everywhere.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I would say 100% yes. There were 34,000 Phase 1/2 172's sold alone. I'd hazard a guess that quite alot of them stayed in France... More than the UK i would guess!

No

In comparison to the UK, hardly any RenaultSports are sold in France. A group of us recently did a road trip through most of France and we only saw a handful too.

dCis are extremely common, I suspect its because diesel is cheaper to buy than petrol over there, unlike here.

Hope your enjoying your trip :)

no, they are taxed massively over there. on the four times i've been to france i've seen maybe 7/8.

most people love seeing us take them over.

an old boy in a RS tee shook my hand at lemans once got all teary eyed and sat in the car for half an hour. i wish he'd have just took it off me!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I saw a nice looking French Mk2 V6 last week passing through Grenoble and a black 200 in Chartres.
I've tended to see more Megs in France than Clios but usually see a handful on my travels.

320d
The are really rare over there as Naith said.

Driving to Le Mans a bloke in a van applauded my car after pointing at it and saying Renaultsport to his mate in the van with him. Was amazing to be honest.

Listerine & Poledo
Wasn't / Isn't the UK the biggest market for RS products? hence why only us and the Swiss got the Trophy?

French do love their heavy-oil burners, true, maybe because of tax, maybe because of sheer laziness, maybe just because it's a far bigger country than the UK.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The only time I've seen any decent amount of Renaultsport cars in France was last year when they did a factory trip to Dieppe. Most cars in France are diesels.

Nissan 350z
Wasn't / Isn't the UK the biggest market for RS products? hence why only us and the Swiss got the Trophy?

French do love their heavy-oil burners, true, maybe because of tax, maybe because of sheer laziness, maybe just because it's a far bigger country than the UK.

Total Renaultsport (all 3 models):
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Switzerland
5th - Belgium + Luxembourg

Twingo Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Italy

Clio Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd. UK
3rd. Germany
4th. Belgium + Luxembourg
5th. Italy

Megane Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Switzerland

France is huge so thats probably why it seems like they are uncommon.

Nissan 350z
Jeremy RUK posted them on the RUK forums a while ago, that data is for 2011 FYI that ive copy/pasted from my post on Clio197.net

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
When I was in France on my trip, I passed quite a few

2 ph2 172's
3 197's
1 200 sliverstone edition

6 in 8 days, not too bad. But France is HUGE

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Trophys must be really rare as i guess these was only 500 in the UK and 50 in Switzerland

172 Cup
I live in France by the Swiss border - in the village i'm in alone we have a 172 cup and a Trophy, and i've seen a fair few other on my drive to work. That said, French are much keener on economical cars, so diesels and Twingo's are really common.

They certainly are enthusiastic it has to be said, ive had plenty of looks even whoops and a picture taken which was surreal. Only seen one megane 250 no others. Tbh given the road quality, weather and spread out population it really is driving heaven, maybe we should try and swap countrys.

Off to Monaco tomorrow, cant see there being any renaultsports there..