ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing brake pads and fluid question? (182)

Nearly on 30k now all original pads, discs and fliud.. I know that my discs are still fine so am just gonna replace the pads and maybe fluid.

Does the fluid actually need to be changed?

Is it silicone based coz ive heard that you dont need to change that?

I only want to replace it all with standard stuff really, was either gonna buy it from bbpt or was looking at these Kevlar pads that ktec do, £29 ish for front and for rear which seems like a good price, are these pads standard pads or an uprated pad, and are they any good??

Thankya

Rob

On a 182 its well worth chnaging the fluid the disks don't let the brakes cool much so it affects the fluid so get it changed.
ALl fluid needs chnaging thoiugh stock Renault stuffs not bad but 6month to 2 years it needs to be changed depending on use.

Personaly if your happy with stock don't bother with other stuff if you want to chnage go to some proper more expensive race stuff.

Rear pads won't have worn there only 6mm when new thick and they don't wear. Fronts are £40 or so from Renault.