ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing screens on iPhone 4

R.I.P 182
1. Can anyone do it?

2. How much does it cost?

O2 won't insure my phone as its however old, and im looking to get it fixed quick rather than go through home insurance etc.

Front and back screens smashed, still works perfectly.

Apple want £140 for a reconditioned phone to replace it with, or I can pay £100 for both screens replaced near me.

Still looking for cheaper though obviously.

Would do myself but I'm crap with technology!!

I'd go for £140 through Apple for a recon, the £100 will be probaly be a s**t job with non Apple parts.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You can get hold of apple parts, I do these myself. But the costs of parts is pretty close to £100 for the back and front then + labour. For £100 it will be dodgy parts voiding your warranty (if you have any left). I suggest stump up the £140 for the proper replacement.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Go to Apple and pay the £140.

Going to a 3rd party and paying for sub par work will only hurt your pocket more.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There' no point. They give you a phone that's good as new with a three month warranty, you go home and plug into your computer after backing up before going there and you have "your phone" again.

Honda. Tesla Someday
There' no point. They give you a phone that's good as new with a three month warranty, you go home and plug into your computer after backing up before going there and you have "your phone" again.

Plus, some people prefer refurb iPhones because they have been thoroughly tested by Apple. Also note that the external parts of the phone are brand new on refurbs, only some of the internal parts are re-used.