ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Requests for painted Inlet manifolds

Currently in the process of tidying the engine by on my 182 up!

I've bought a new top inlet and a fuel rail , I hadn't got a fuel rail cover fitted so may as well sort it now , question I have is , my car is Titanium Silver , and I have anthracite wheels , with red brake calipers

1C8ABC81-DB96-4653-AA3B-FF8D5C133793_zpsxvbzmgxr.jpg

What do people think, do I paint the inlet glass red , or gloss black :/

Also can anybody show me a photo of either red or black

Thanks Dean

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not Red, im going to do mine Porsche Grey.

I dont like things "in your face" and i think Red makes it look cheap and tacky, but thats just my opinion.

Oh and i will be getting my engine cover painted in Titanium, i think to two colours will complainant each other.

Grey_Porsche_997_GT3_RS_facelift_IAA_2009_(3).jpg

Mine silver exhaust spray paint sprayed into a tub then brushed on with a tiny brush, took me hours lol and no brush marks either.

Alternator bracket is now also silver

DSCF1355.jpg

How it sits now.

Halfrauds matte charcoal manifold pain on inlet and cam cover/mount

DSCF2319_zps071bf3be.jpg

Many.
Spray hammerite is all you need.

Done engines with it for years with no issues, only thing you need high temp paint on is the exhaust, which BBQ paint is the best for that, until you get it bloody hot anyway.

I prefer silver, on silver, on silver, done it this way many times and it always looks great. I'll see if I can find a pic..

Edit: That was easy. I only did it on this as I had it all apart (cambelt failure), so wasn't looking to actually tidy the bay, hence sound deadening etc...
null_zps3248815c.jpg

@MartinR That looks great

Cheers;)

Spray hammerite is all you need.

Done engines with it for years with no issues, only thing you need high temp paint on is the exhaust, which BBQ paint is the best for that, until you get it bloody hot anyway.

I prefer silver, on silver, on silver, done it this way many times and it always looks great. I'll see if I can find a pic..

Edit: That was easy. I only did it on this as I had it all apart (cambelt failure), so wasn't looking to actually tidy the bay, hence sound deadening etc...
null_zps3248815c.jpg

did you paint the cam cover whilst off the car?? if not how did you get on with overspray?