ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricardo's 200EDC

All the sale gubbins is done and now just the small matter of picking this up next weekend. It came up for sale last week and knowing what's been done to this and how well it's been put together it was hard to say no. I've been away from the Renaultsport scene for nearly 18 months for various reasons, and to be fair if this hadn't have come up for sale when it did I would have carried on with life without the need. So now I can slowly get back into the swing of meet ups, cars n coffee, trackdays etc. It's good to be back 😊
sketch-1637794549659.png
sketch-1637794518915.png

Spec list:
2014 EDC 200T Lux
320bhp 285 ftlb of torque
Hybrid turbo
Uprated fuel pump
Modified inlet and turbo cold side outlet.
Custom K&N filter with direct cold feed
Proalloy Intercooler
Proalloy Radiator
Complete Inoxcar turbo back exhaust, legal sportcat, extra mid box silencer.
Lower yellow torque mount
£4000’s worth of AST custom suspension, with not just height, but adjustable rebound damping and separate fast and low speed compression damping all fully adjustable.
Clio 220 steering rack
Brembo four pot conversion
Bimetallic RS discs and Ferodo pads.
Cup racer wheels in red, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.
Black cup racer wheels with Michelins
Phase 2 220 front end with cold feed and mesh instead of the flag lights.
Pure Vision headlights
Elia front splitter

Mechanically it's perfect, everything has been done with tried and tested products. Style wise there will be 2-3 changes, other than that this page will be updated as a progress thread.

That looks cool! I bet it goes well with that power too, I was really impressed with the way my standard 220 covered ground!

All the sale gubbins is done and now just the small matter of picking this up next weekend. It came up for sale last week and knowing what's been done to this and how well it's been put together it was hard to say no. I've been away from the Renaultsport scene for nearly 18 months for various reasons, and to be fair if this hadn't have come up for sale when it did I would have carried on with life without the need. So now I can slowly get back into the swing of meet ups, cars n coffee, trackdays etc. It's good to be back 😊
View attachment 1568384View attachment 1568385
Spec list:
2014 EDC 200T Lux
320bhp 285 ftlb of torque
Hybrid turbo
Uprated fuel pump
Modified inlet and turbo cold side outlet.
Custom K&N filter with direct cold feed
Proalloy Intercooler
Proalloy Radiator
Complete Inoxcar turbo back exhaust, legal sportcat, extra mid box silencer.
Lower yellow torque mount
£4000’s worth of AST custom suspension, with not just height, but adjustable rebound damping and separate fast and low speed compression damping all fully adjustable.
Clio 220 steering rack
Brembo four pot conversion
Bimetallic RS discs and Ferodo pads.
Cup racer wheels in red, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.
Black cup racer wheels with Michelins
Phase 2 220 front end with cold feed and mesh instead of the flag lights.
Pure Vision headlights
Elia front splitter

Mechanically it's perfect, everything has been done with tried and tested products. Style wise there will be 2-3 changes, other than that this page will be updated as a progress thread.

I saw this for sale on Facebook! Lovely mate, very lovely! ❤️

Ian has spent some time and money developing that car. Hopefully it will give you many miles of fun.
He has indeed, the main reason I just couldn't resist. I know that every aspect of that car has had the right attention to detail. Can't wait to pick it up now.

He has indeed, the main reason I just couldn't resist. I know that every aspect of that car has had the right attention to detail. Can't wait to pick it up now.

Must admit if we weren’t already playing with a Meg’ I think we’d have bought it from Ian for weekend fun and track days.

Awesome car mate, well done on picking it up. Was surprised to see it back up, but equally glad it wasn’t ripped apart for a track car! At least it’s definitely in good hands with you!

Awesome car mate, well done on picking it up. Was surprised to see it back up, but equally glad it wasn’t ripped apart for a track car! At least it’s definitely in good hands with you!
Thank you, yes cage and seats were the plans on the previous owners agenda but just couldn't go ahead with it! It's done me a favour! It won't be going that way that's for sure, just to enjoy it.

I think I'd probably change the wheels personally. I like the red, but think it needs something aftermarket to pull it off really.

Looks mega though. Bet it's pretty potent!

You know my thoughts on this ;)

Congrats Rich!
Thanks mate, much appreciated 😊 hmm, looks like the wheels are staying red.... Wing mirrors are going back to gloss black and the sunstrip is being removed. Looking forward to joining you in the car n coffee meets now 😊

How do you find these turinis @Ricardos, what do I need to look out for please?
Plans sound good! I’m going to have to get to a meet and see this in real!

How do you find these turinis @Ricardos, what do I need to look out for please?
Plans sound good! I’m going to have to get to a meet and see this in real!
I just scour the tinternet for them! The last set I found were a 6hr round trip for a set of 6 at a bargain price. They do pop up now and again.

More than welcome to have a look round, I'm looking to go to the Cooksport RR day on the 17ty December.

Thank you. Are they Subaru figment or something like that? I thought after seeing your (@Sash’s) 200t that Turinis looked awesome. I used to hate them when I had them on my 172! I’ll keep looking. Thank you for the offer but cooksport is too far away at the moment for me, but I’ll definitely have a look sometime!

@Ricardos Nice Clio. I miss my Trophy. Interesting to see what you do with this. One of my favourite build threads over the years was your white phase one.

Anymore information on the Cooksport RR day as it’s local to me. They mention it on their website but can’t find any other information.

@Ricardos Nice Clio. I miss my Trophy. Interesting to see what you do with this. One of my favourite build threads over the years was your white phase one.

Anymore information on the Cooksport RR day as it’s local to me. They mention it on their website but can’t find any other information.
Thank you, much appreciated. In fairness there isn't much to do really, as mentioned I'll probably go Turinis again as IMO they looked spot on. Other than that just enjoy.

Cooksport RR day, they advertised on many social media platforms as a Renaultsport rolling road day with power runs on a first come first served. I'm on the reserve list but will still hope to go as a few friends are attending.

Thank you. Are they Subaru figment or something like that? I thought after seeing your (@Sash’s) 200t that Turinis looked awesome. I used to hate them when I had them on my 172! I’ll keep looking. Thank you for the offer but cooksport is too far away at the moment for me, but I’ll definitely have a look sometime!
The Turinis were indeed off a Subaru so I had the centrebores machined out to 66.1mm by a local engineering company. The ET worked a treat on the front but had the 2 rears machined 5mm to just tuck in the rear arch.

Wow, that was a long Saturday picking the car up!

4am alarm call
04:40 taxi to the train station
05:20 train to Liverpool Street
07:30 Kings Cross to Doncaster
11:10 Doncaster to Durham arriving 12:25

Kindly picked up by previous owner Mike we head back to his to pick up the Clio 25 minutes from Durham station. Decent bloke, a petrolhead we chat cars over a brew. I don't bother test driving the car, I'm fairly confident in what it's all about and familiar with the Mk4 platform.... Plus I have about 230 odd miles to become acquainted with it 😁

With a V Power fill up 80 miles in I re trip the clock just to see the figures based on using cruise control at 72mph, I'm pretty happy with the mpg but obviously this car isn't just about efficiency.

Sunday

Cheeky drive out to take some snaps, it's a bit wet out but I wanted to just stab at the throttle a bit more just to see what it's like. Full auto mode it's a tad lazy, the gearbox wants to change up early to be a bit eco. At times it can feel a little labouring, but having the paddles you can override the box by blipping down to bring the revs up. Hit the RS button for Sport mode and that's where it changes, it'll hang on to the gears that bit longer and there's more urgency about it, this is what you want. On the downshifts it auto blips with the odd bang, the same when coming off the throttle it'll crackle nicely and in no way at all chavvy. Again it's a bit wet out but in Sport mode I pressed on a few times in short blasts and it's quick, not full throttle but you know there's a lot potential, it puts a smile on my face!

So far so good 😊

DSC_3015~2-01~2.jpeg
DSC_3011~2-01.jpeg
DSC_3010.JPG

an epically long day, but must be amazingly worth it! Lovey car as I’ve said before and it’s gone to a good home.
those mpg figures are what I wish I saw on mine, but I’m about 10 less!! Apparently the remapped cars are quite a bit better on fuel than standard. Those figures are gobsmacking for a car with that much power!!

Long but a great day down at Cooksport Performance for their Renaultsport rolling road day. Who knew winter tyres would make a difference on the rollers (320hp on Cup2s) 😁 and nice that Josh Cook himself was doing the power runs, great to talk to him about things post run.
DSC_3044~2-01.jpeg
DSC_3049~2-01-01.jpeg
DSC_3048~2-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Look at that plot! looks like it'll carry on making more power with revs, its hardly dropping off at the limiter, was it fully warmed up? Did you manage to blag any merch in the end then? :ROFLMAO: 😁

Look at that plot! looks like it'll carry on making more power with revs, its hardly dropping off at the limiter, was it fully warmed up? Did you manage to blag any merch in the end then? :ROFLMAO: 😁
Not sure what the rev limiter is set to to be fair 😁 but the torque is tailing off by then. And no, many failed attempts at blagging some merch! 😅

Great to catch up again mate, that Twingo is epic!

Only just man, not falling on its face like a meg engine (y)

Cheers buddy, good to see you too, till next time :D (y)

Only just man, not falling on its face like a meg engine (y)

Cheers buddy, good to see you too, till next time :D (y)
True but unlikely to hit the stated 320hp in the next 500-1000rpm. But, the graph to me shows it's a healthy clean power climb 😊

2022 👌

True but unlikely to hit the stated 320hp in the next 500-1000rpm. But, the graph to me shows it's a healthy clean power climb 😊

2022 👌
Indeed, if it carried on to 6500 and followed the curve to roughly 250lbft it works out around 310bhp. Still very very good numbers from a relatively small engine and we know what dynos are like on different days. I will have to blag a ride at some point please :D

Took a drive up to Bury St Edmunds to the Renaultsport meet, now clocked my first 1000 miles since December averaging 38.2mpg. One job I wanted doing was the wing mirrors, a step too much IMO for red so good friend Dr Jekyll painted them gloss black. I can just about deal with the red front lip, but now the wing mirrors have been done I'm now thinking of having that painted gloss black too.

DSC_3315~2-01.jpeg
DSC_3324~2-01.jpeg
DSC_3322~2-01.jpeg

@Ricardos looks mint! I think I’m in the minority of liking the red caps, but it looks great in black! All that’s missing imo is the rear led lights. I’ve added them to mine and they make a massive difference to the rear look of the car, and yours is half facelifted already!
Oh and definitely jealous of your mpg! I’ve managed to average 30mpg and that’s driving sedately and in manual! 😟

Red blade stays for now, it's not offensive

LED rear lights do look amazing, I did buy the loom adapters as they were a limited run so I took the punt last year just in case. I think they're about £200 for all the sections and do look on EBay for them from time to time.

I might retrip the counter to see how the average is for the next 1000 miles, to be fair I hardly use the car and can go weeks without going anywhere too far.