ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricardo's 200EDC

All the sale gubbins is done and now just the small matter of picking this up next weekend. It came up for sale last week and knowing what's been done to this and how well it's been put together it was hard to say no. I've been away from the Renaultsport scene for nearly 18 months for various reasons, and to be fair if this hadn't have come up for sale when it did I would have carried on with life without the need. So now I can slowly get back into the swing of meet ups, cars n coffee, trackdays etc. It's good to be back 😊
sketch-1637794549659.png
sketch-1637794518915.png

Spec list:
2014 EDC 200T Lux
320bhp 285 ftlb of torque
Hybrid turbo
Uprated fuel pump
Modified inlet and turbo cold side outlet.
Custom K&N filter with direct cold feed
Proalloy Intercooler
Proalloy Radiator
Complete Inoxcar turbo back exhaust, legal sportcat, extra mid box silencer.
Lower yellow torque mount
£4000’s worth of AST custom suspension, with not just height, but adjustable rebound damping and separate fast and low speed compression damping all fully adjustable.
Clio 220 steering rack
Brembo four pot conversion
Bimetallic RS discs and Ferodo pads.
Cup racer wheels in red, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.
Black cup racer wheels with Michelins
Phase 2 220 front end with cold feed and mesh instead of the flag lights.
Pure Vision headlights
Elia front splitter

Mechanically it's perfect, everything has been done with tried and tested products. Style wise there will be 2-3 changes, other than that this page will be updated as a progress thread.

Long weekend away with a roadtrip to the Netherlands

Friday-Sunday
735 miles
40.1mpg
Approx 18 gallons of V Power

Booked a couple of weeks ago as it's the first chance of paying a visit to good friend Arthur Dekker of Dekker Motorsport. Arthur came over to the Cliosport Weekender back in 2016, we got on well and became friends with visits to his home and weekends away at Spa Franchorchamps and the Nurburgring to name but a few. In that time he was building up a name for himself in the Renault scene in the Netherlands for mapping, so much so he'd gone from doing it in his spare time while working to moving into a massive unit with his own Dyno cell. In between that he was first hiring rolling road facilities to map on weekends to buying his first set of roller set up in a small unit.

The business and his reputation was growing, people would book and travel from all over the Netherlands and neighbouring Germany in all sorts of Renaultsport models.

Sadly, a week before the trip he took a call around midnight to be told the unit amongst others were on fire, the dream he'd taken 8 years building up was literally going up in smoke.

He said to still visit so I did, I took my work clothes with me to help him on the Saturday to do anything I could to save what he had left. By and large the unit was still standing and in one piece, the units next door were decimated but the dividing wall was which left his valuables open to the elements along with the roof leaking like sieve. The Dyno cell needed a temporary 'roof' to protect it from the elements so we built a tent like structure covered in tarpaulin.
DSC_3401.JPG
DSC_3403~3.JPG
DSC_3397~2.JPG

Anyway, the same weekend about an hour from his house a Dutch club organised its annual Renault meet at a main dealer so I drive to that in a small convoy that was organised by a local group. I went 4 years ago, it's well attended with at least 400 cars and probably every single model of Renault ever built is there including the Alpine brand.
DSC_3411~2.JPG
DSC_3431~2.JPG
DSC_3428~2.JPG
DSC_3436~2.JPG
DSC_3421~2.JPG
DSC_3415~2.JPG
DSC_3442~3.JPG

All in all it wasn't quite the weekend it should have been but we made the most of the time we had with a decent car meet at the end of it.

The Clio was faultless but note to self, never... EVER drive in snowy conditions and 1 degree on Cup 2 tyres!.... EVER!

Lol, i did tell you about the Cups in less than 8 degrees C ha.
Great pics and trip mate, looks like a fantastic gathering. Gutting for your mate though, i hope he can get back on his feet as painlessly as possible. Looks like he could have come off a lot worse.

Lol, i did tell you about the Cups in less than 8 degrees C ha.
Great pics and trip mate, looks like a fantastic gathering. Gutting for your mate though, i hope he can get back on his feet as painlessly as possible. Looks like he could have come off a lot worse.
I know, I couldn't believe it! I checked the weather the week before and early in the week leading up to the weekend and in the Netherlands it was showing 8-10 degrees sunny spells.

5am Friday is was 1 degree heading out of Southend, by the time I was on the M20 it had gone from flakes to a full on blizzard. Junction 10 we all came to a standstill due to an accident so we were sitting stationery for about 15 minutes in the snow. By that time all 3 lanes were covered with the inside lane only with tyre marks, so for 2 miles until the Eurotunnel junction I was driving at 30 mph feeling all 4 wheels slipping underneath.... My pooper was twitching like mad! 😅

Leaving Calais was marginally better, it had plenty of snow overnight and now the motorway was just wet, fields of snow, 50mph side winds with flurries of snow on and off. Thankfully a couple of hours in and it had stopped, was dry and the temp had risen.

Reminds me of the time I was coming back from the ring in the Impreza on a set of RE070s that I had trashed out there. They’re not wonderful in the wet even when new, leave alone after a hot weekend out there. Was running late for our ferry and ran into a monsoon in Belgium. I could feel the car wandering on its own as I could barely keep above 40mph. 😅
At least Cup 2s are significantly more friendly than original Cups in the wet. They just need a bit of temp to work and anything less than 8°c they get unhappy. Less than 5°c and they’re very unhappy. 😂

Reminds me of the time I was coming back from the ring in the Impreza on a set of RE070s that I had trashed out there. They’re not wonderful in the wet even when new, leave alone after a hot weekend out there. Was running late for our ferry and ran into a monsoon in Belgium. I could feel the car wandering on its own as I could barely keep above 40mph. 😅
At least Cup 2s are significantly more friendly than original Cups in the wet. They just need a bit of temp to work and anything less than 8°c they get unhappy. Less than 5°c and they’re very unhappy. 😂
I'm glad it brought back great memories for you 😅 lesson learnt for me! Fingers crossed we're in double figures from now on, I think I'm gonna sell a set of Cup wheels as I have other wheel ideas in mind.

Not much to report, I don't really use it to be fair but it's nice to have it. With the CS Weekender coming up though it's brought some things to my attention in like having a few things sorted.

So it's booked into have some paintwork done, subtle but needed. I'll do the classic cliffhanger and won't say what 🙄 but done so it's ready for Blyton.

Topic is though.... Lose the red? Poll running on Insta 😁

I only use it every 2 weeks when I have my hair cut appointment.
DSC_3789~2-01.jpeg

Dropped the Clio off after work on Friday with a weekend turnaround to pick up on Monday.

Rear diffuser bolts rusty, bolts holding the exhaust tips rusty. Front bumper removed to take off the blade, the diffuser was plastidipped so that was peeled off, filled in places, flatted and painted. I'm skimming past all the prep work but was quite involved in that the tips had captive nuts welded on, exhaust tips polished, part of the front bumper glued together, front bumper part machine polished removing a scuff. Jobs that weren't on the list but was happy to do which I fully appreciate.

So it's all back together, first impressions? Going off the red wheels, might remove the wrap on the A pillars as it feels like it's dominating the car. Overall though I'm super happy with the finish, the rear diffuser now blends in with the rear plastic on the bumper. I don't think you can appreciate the work just by looking at the photos, I've seen progress videos over the weekend and IMO it looks better.

A massive, massive thank you to Dr Jekyll ☺️
IMG-20220625-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20220625-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20220625-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20220626-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20220626-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20220626-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20220626-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20220626-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20220626-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20220626-WA0037.jpg

Erm. Losing the red wheels would make it a real q car. Is that what you had in mind?
Red wheels have Cup 2 tyres which limits the use to either trackdays and sunny days. I don't think a Q car is a bad thing, anthracite colour?

It's just been toned down a bit.

Red wheels have Cup 2 tyres which limits the use to either trackdays and sunny days. I don't think a Q car is a bad thing, anthracite colour?

It's just been toned down a bit.
Be a right laugh blowing folk away in a tce look a like😂.

Picked up the Clio this evening from @Jekyll and oh yes! It really is so much better in the flesh, it just makes sense to me. Thank so much my friend ☺️

The rear diffuser neatly blends into the upper bumper panel so now it looks like one seamless panel. As for the blade, when you physically look at it, it ties in nicely with the piano black upper section where the diamond is. For me it's more appreciative in person.

There's more little bits I'd like to do, it's getting there slowly ☺️
DSC_3835~2-01-01.jpeg
DSC_3840~2-01.jpeg

Skimming through FB during the week and a chap an hour away has a set of 220 Trophy wheels for sale on the Clio Mk4 group

"Sitting in the shed for ages, need shot of em, need a refurb, tyres shot.... £100 for 4"

Yep, I'll be there Saturday morning, a phone call to @MrBlonde and a cheeky breakfast gatecrash means the wheels are now dropped off to be refurbished. Good to see @Jekyll again too.
FB_IMG_1656535115541~2.jpg

Skimming through FB during the week and a chap an hour away has a set of 220 Trophy wheels for sale on the Clio Mk4 group

"Sitting in the shed for ages, need shot of em, need a refurb, tyres shot.... £100 for 4"

Yep, I'll be there Saturday morning, a phone call to @MrBlonde and a cheeky breakfast gatecrash means the wheels are now dropped off to be refurbished. Good to see @Jekyll again too.
View attachment 1600503
Gutted I missed those, but managed to pick up some ph1 trophy alloys for mine.

My bad, I was very lucky. I DM'd him straight away as I had a feeling there would be a bit of interest.
No worries I’ve had a few bargains off there but also some people mess about. Glad you got them, at least they’ll go on an epic car!

My bad, I was very lucky. I DM'd him straight away as I had a feeling there would be a bit of interest.

I was never replied to so never got a chance on these. I wanted a matched winter set, I'm not a fan of using two different styles of wheel on a car - it's just not for me.

It's been years since I've messed about with cars, I guess at least 2 years since the Meg. With CSF drawing closer I gave myself a small challenge, to get the OE wheels sorted and fitted.

Eibach 16mm spacers bought, fresh number plates from Fancyplates. I've had the front plate made slightly smaller in height to fit the holder better, the OE plate hangs down below so it should now look a bit tidier. Brand new genuine black Renaultsport badge which is part of the 'Black Pack' option you could choose.

Brand new Michelin PS4 tyres bought. I went OE 205-40-18 as I was a little worried about the 225s scrubbing on a lowered car. I delivered the tyres to Steve last week and today he's sent me photos of the wheels complete, they look absolutely amazing considering what they looked like before and what needed doing!

Trouble is now, 2-3 days before I need to sort longer wheel studs on the front to compensate for the 16mm spacers! Worse case scenario? Wheels in the back of the car, buy new studs en route to Blyton Park Friday and fit the wheels up there 😁

Cannot wait for this weekend!

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing it!
FYI - I'm running 225 PS4s on mine and it's lowered on Cooksports, I haven't had any rubbing issues to note, apart from the occasional hole in the road when I hear it at the rear, and a slight rub when I'm on full lock (which is a rare occurrence).
I know a few people go for 215s as a bit of a go-between.

Looking forward to seeing it!
FYI - I'm running 225 PS4s on mine and it's lowered on Cooksports, I haven't had any rubbing issues to note, apart from the occasional hole in the road when I hear it at the rear, and a slight rub when I'm on full lock (which is a rare occurrence).
I know a few people go for 215s as a bit of a go-between.

It was actually your thread and photos that made me almost go for 225s when trying to make the decision, I was going between to the 2 for a couple of days but in the end just went for OE. I know there's a massive price difference but aired on the side of caution, I don't mind the 205s.

I should be bringing the new wheels with me and picking up the longer studs on the way.