ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RichjWilliams - Track Day Trophy #343

Clio Trophy #343
Spare track wheels received

23B2A744-2AFB-4A07-A32B-5DF0EE4ACA1F.png

9BB871C8-644F-42F8-B608-28F2CC8B10EA.png

Gave them a clean and primer

702BDC27-B513-4369-B5DB-F22DFB304B39.jpg

Then a spray In BMW graphite grey

E2E3253C-D38F-416E-AC42-ED2DA55CDD8F.jpg

The in clear coat

61C6DF48-0C19-47A4-A62C-681E63E2FC7C_1.jpg

I'm quite pleased...looking forward to trying them on lol, ao48r's being fitted this week :)

Clio Trophy #343
Overall we had a brilliant day at Bedford :) all the recent efforts and upgrades were well worth it, the car handles far better than it did :)

The cooksport springs and the pms top mount and brace kit are well worth the money :)

We were on 888's and ao48rs all day, so the wet conditions saw us steady to start, but they are not a bad wet tyre tbh, ours however are new lol

Then it dried out and the car was brilliant overall :)

Annoyingly, missed my most exciting session as i was having a brief testing session with chip, rs2 (a non omptmum engine though) vs stripped out so missed the session that was wet in places but drying, was trying a bit harder so would string a few good corners together then see a large oversteer moment lol was really good fun :)

http://youtu.be/JbIt6dyMsvU

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Was just SO even between them rich. Really good fun chasing you! Could stay with you but couldn't gain any ground let alone pass.
Your weight saving was visibly making you quicker exiting the bends at the beginning of straights but then our little extra power allowed us to catch back up what we had lost during the later half of the straights when it became more about power versus aero.

I think had we tried again in the dry though your tyres and weight saving would have seen you pull away on the bends. But in the wet our tyres were a little better so again helped cancel the weight advantage.
Dont think I've ever been against a more evenly matched car that it was between us in the damp.

Clio Trophy #343
Unfortunately whilst fitting our cooksport springs we noticed one of the Sachs dampers is leaking, was too late to do anything for Bedford so now they have come off for a refurb:)

At the same time we gave decided to do the track rod ends as its one if the few things we have not changed

So this is how it looks

0A5C077F-87DB-4A86-91E3-3A07541376B8.jpg

And these just need the springs removing and they will be sent :)

AB759956-A53D-44E6-B7DA-F17A624848AC.jpg

Refitting all soon :)

Clio Trophy #343
They've done bloody well! Knocking on 120k without a refurb.

They have lasted well :) tbh no noticeable issues whilst driving, an issues noticed whilst changing springs, hopefully after a refurb they will be better again :)

Good to meet you at Bedford by the way, next time hop in the passenger seat if your up for it :)

They have lasted well :) tbh no noticeable issues whilst driving, an issues noticed whilst changing springs, hopefully after a refurb they will be better again :)

Good to meet you at Bedford by the way, next time hop in the passenger seat if your up for it :)

Yeah that would be good cheers. Was great to meet you too, see you're looking after it.

Clio Trophy #343
Totally agree, quite similar but seems to ridebit better over bumps. Yeah, but not been on track since fitted mine, be good to hear how they are on track. Won't be on track until summer with mine :)

Its hard to put all the benefit down to the springs, as are ball joints were totally fubar'd lol but between the renault sport day and the 15th feb the car was night and day better :) loads less body roll than before and really nimble, but we did the spring, pms topmounts and ball joints ect in one hit :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We should be there hopefully rich. Think I can wangle the time off after all.

Not sure if I will bring a car for the track or just come along for the drinks the night before and the banter etc.
if I can get the mk1 done in time and there are still spaces available I will book.

Clio Trophy #343
We should be there hopefully rich. Think I can wangle the time off after all.

Not sure if I will bring a car for the track or just come along for the drinks the night before and the banter etc.
if I can get the mk1 done in time and there are still spaces available I will book.

Be good if you can join us with a car but will still be good if not :) if you don't have a car I'm sure there will be enough if us for you to have plenty of time out on track anyway :)

You should come out in our again as the service has made a huge difference :) plus it will be on freshly refurbed sach's :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah will deffo jump in with you for a bit whether I have a car there or not mate, should think its going to be pretty epic on the refurbed dampers :)

Clio Trophy #343
Yeah will deffo jump in with you for a bit whether I have a car there or not mate, should think its going to be pretty epic on the refurbed dampers :)

You will have to jump in with me this time.. You've never risked been in the car with me driving before lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You will have to jump in with me this time.. You've never risked been in the car with me driving before lol

Its not so much about risk as it is about that I have normally got a spare few minutes to do a few laps with Matt, but just not the horus and hours the same few laps will take with you driving?

Clio Trophy #343
Its not so much about risk as it is about that I have normally got a spare few minutes to do a few laps with Matt, but just not the horus and hours the same few laps will take with you driving?

Ha ha ha... Obviously now I'm going to be on a mission to prove you wrong when you do, fingers crossed I'm better than you say lol

Clio Trophy #343
Update:

Was disappointed with the photos of the clio at Bedford and the constant mick taking of the pink bumpers so this happened

021A0600-20C9-4E5B-A589-5E112B77CD87.jpg

EC34B3C3-B872-4D8E-8098-4B8024C0167A.jpg

We also sent the boss kit back and purchased the momo one that does have the lugs on so hopefully should work properly :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Easier to take the pink out of the car than out of the owners sexuality I guess, but at least its a start.

Clio Trophy #343
Nearlly ready to go back on :)

Just splitter and washer black to be done :)

501A466A-B033-478F-9999-2B73496EAF71.jpg

C962A400-F7C6-47F7-9C77-E680AE9C0CD3.jpg

Wing and rear bumpers due to arrive at the weekend :)

Clio Trophy #343
Front bumper and wing fitted :) spraying up splitter now

0D315361-5B40-4E7D-ADBC-DEC0D77FF7AF.jpg

No more nasty scuff in pictures :)

Rear bumper on its way soon

Can not recommend nick at Nuffield body shop in Poole enough, everything has came back perfectly blended and looking spectacular

Clio Trophy #343
The Sachs have come back too

10B8A86F-E2A2-48BD-81D2-A4CD68685520.png

517B89A5-EF47-423B-B6F5-7C2181041E4C.png

Very pleased with the service at cornering force :)

£285 for a rebuild and unpin :)

And a massive thank you to dewismotorsport for the courier services and removal of topmounts ect

Clio Trophy #343
Looks much better!!!!

Cant for the life of me think why you are bothering respraying it though lol ... its a cheapo/sheddy track car :clown:

Tbh i do partly agree but the way I see it I want good photos at trackdays and at the minute I only have one good side lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks much better!!!!

Cant for the life of me think why you are bothering respraying it though lol ... its a cheapo/sheddy track car :clown:

It might have been a bit sheddy at one point but its mechancially getting lots of improvements so no point not having it look a bit nicer too as part of the restoration
smiley1.gif

Last edited: