ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Richy's Inferno Turbo

Ok cool thanks for that I'll get on it later. Suppose I best give it a few more days to see if mine are going to be sent out after so long waiting a few more days won't hurt. Do you remember what diameter pipe you went for adni can see I'll have to ask for a refund in the end.

Ok cool thanks for that I'll get on it later. Suppose I best give it a few more days to see if mine are going to be sent out after so long waiting a few more days won't hurt. Do you remember what diameter pipe you went for adni can see I'll have to ask for a refund in the end.

Went for 63mm/2.5 inch for the pipework from the turbo to intercooler to inlet. And 76mm/3 inch from the air filter to the turbo.

Ok that's great I can make a list now at least then order a load and see how I get on. .
Hoping to have it done while the weather is nice . Ben nice to wire in the loom today if I get a chance.
Thanks again

2002 clio 172
I am in love.....this was a good read richy alot of hard work gone into it and the results are great....i can only dream of giving my poor wee 172 this sort of love and money lol.

Did a little bit of work on the Clio today with the help of @Dan@SJM and @Dan The Top Bloke sorting out an oil leak and coolant leak. Oil was leaking from the crank oil seal between the block and the box, so this meant gearbox out to replace the seal. Also this gave us a good chance to check things and everything looked good.
2B2A2867-0706-490B-A2B1-4DE11ABFD896_zpsx2hm49yw.jpg

Then it was the coolant leak to fix, and this was relatively easy to find. Where I had cut into the coolant pipe to put a T-piece in for the turbo coolant return, the plastic t-piece had snapped in the hose causing it leak.
30461086-3A64-4AD3-B3E3-C7CA3BBE9996_zpsmbdda4ac.jpg

I then put my wheels on that I'd recently got back from refurbishment and I'm very pleased. Only downside is the car is still weeping oil, but we think this is the sump gasket now.. I did it up to tight! But at the end of the day this has been a massive learning experience for me so I didn't expect it to all be spot on at first.
6CA6D222-4057-4EB6-A5B1-B956C1A902E7_zpsjbsrquhu.jpg

Saw @Cub. had written a spec list so I decided to copy the idea. (Hope you don't mind mate)

Engine and Running Gear

- 172 Phase 1 Block, Cylinders Rebored to 83mm
- Phase 2 172 Head
- Garrett 2860R Turbo
- Special Components Typhoon ECU
- eBay Intercooler
- ASH Motorsport hoses
- ARP Rod Bolts
- SuperTech Valves
- PEC Forged Conrods
- PEC Forged Pistons
- RAMAIR filter
- Custom Turbo Oil feed and Return Setup
- Coolant Turbo Feed and Return Setup
- Lucozade Can Oil catch tank
- MAC Boost Controller
- 3 BAR Map Sensor
- Vibratechnics Solid Engine Mounts
- RS Lower Inlets
- Phase 1 Inlet with Cable Throttle
- Engine Dynamics Exhaust Manifold
- Engine Dynamics Downpipe
- Custom 2.5" Stainless exhaust with link pipe
- 630cc Siemens Short DEKA Injectors
- New cambelt, dephaser, aux belt, megane keyway pulley and megane crank bolt
- New Oil Pump
- New genuine seals and gaskets
- Titan Race Pro S 10w-60 Oil
- PMS Air con delete
- Fox Racing Gold Heatshield
- Phase Fuel Sender and Return Setup
- Mapped by Dan@SJM

Transmission

- 6 Paddle Helix Clutch Kit

Handling

- Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs on Cup Shocks

Braking

- Ferodo DS2500s with OEM discs (Front)
- Renault OEM Discs and Pads (Rear)

Interior

2x Trophy Recaro Trendlines
- Sabelt 3" Harnesses
- OMP Trecento 300mm Steering Wheel
- OMP boss
- 4 point Roll Cage
- Sony CD Player with IPod Connector
- Carbon Wrapped Dash Strips & Hazard Panel
- EGT, AFR and Boost Gauges mounted in the heater vents
- Battery Tray
- Yuasa Battery in the boot

Exterior

- Skodia Fabia Splitter
- Cup Spoiler
- Carbon Fiber Fog Blanks
- 16’’ 172 Cup Speedline Turinis Powdercoated in BMW Sparkling Graphite

Wanted

- Samco Coolant hose kit
- Magnecor Leads
- Oil Cooler
- Refurbished Gearbox
- Quaife LSD
- PMS Race Shifter / Gear linkage
- Rear Boot Mat
- Polbushing
- Bilstein B14 Coilovers
- 4 Pots (Wilwood or similar)
- 300mm Discs and Uprated Pads (Not sure yet)
- 16mm Hubcentric Spacers (Front)
- Whiteline ARB
- PMS Solid Top Mounts and Strut Brace
- Rear Strut Brace
- Dry Cell Battery
- OZ F1s with R888s (Trackdays)

Probably haven’t remembered some stuff… But that’s the majority.

silver clio 172
Hi buddy sorry to hear your braking it, I was just wondering how you wired your typhoon ecu mate as I have one and im having the same problem with the immobiliser, did your light just stay on constantly or flash? Any help appreciated
Lewis

silver clio 172
Do I just cut the wires off the standard ecu for all my engine sensors needed and run them to the typhoon? If so what do I do with the wires cut off from the standard ecu, just cap them off?