ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

Reply #1000 and a selection of pictures I took earlier today...

IMG_9620.jpg

IMG_9612.jpg

IMG_9596.jpg

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9684.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

JDM Dc2
Reply #1000 and a selection of pictures I took earlier today...

Nice one!

pics look good jord
car looks good jamie
did you find out wot that thing was?

Cheers and yeh seems fine now :D

looking good! need some pics of the bonnet closed with the filter off ;)

will come see it when i get chance

cChhers and coming up

and yeh answer your phone and be abit more sociable ;).. suppose you could say the same about me and need to wipe the dust of my Bmx lol

We did get some with it closed and no filter, but the trumpets dont stick through very far lol.

yeh they just touch the bonnet with the filter off so they dpnt even stick out really...

Mine pics -

DSC00987.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

IMG_61221.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

DSC01022.jpg

IMG_61091.jpg

Updates wise... ive lost my locking nut key so going to get a new set tmoz and a mate is gonna remove the old ones for me on saterday before the zsoc meet... also gonna get some Brake fluid ready for when i decide to remove the ABS pump.. oh and the new Ebay heater has arrived lol

Shame you can't risk running the car without the filter on the trumpets because it looks so much better without the filter IMO. Although I'd imagine you'd end up with half a dog or a cat in your engine due to the size of the trumpets. lol

/\ doesnt look right with just a silver bonnet! theres pics a couple of pages back.. i thought exactly the same as you untill i seen it with the standard bonnet on lol

I like everything you've done with this car...I just can't get over that black strip on the bonnet lol sorry

That bonnet is the part of the car's character, it helps it stand out from the millions of other MoonDust silver ZS's lol. Oh and that newly acquired hole in the bonnet does to now.

JDM Dc2
I like everything you've done with this car...I just can't get over that black strip on the bonnet lol sorry

cheers and each to their own

/\ doesnt look right with just a silver bonnet! theres pics a couple of pages back.. i thought exactly the same as you untill i seen it with the standard bonnet on lol

That bonnet is the part of the car's character, it helps it stand out from the millions of other MoonDust silver ZS's lol. Oh and that newly acquired hole in the bonnet does to now.

true

Is that Chris's car though?

yeh

Racing Subarus on Friday nights whilst hitting the 9k limiter i hear :rasp:

On a base map? LOL.

yeh beating them and no with 7800limit as it wasnt on bodies then ;).. but yeh 9k limit ftl.. aww wel different engine now so meh!

JDM Dc2
Just ordered a Caravan battery box for a bargain 13quid delieverd off ebay, better than paying 40quid delivered for a fancy red one, should be here early next week :D

Changed the fuse to a 20a and just blew that straight away so the next step is on sunday going to remove the dash AGAIN.. and connect the cig-lighter to the power for the old heaters which is 30a which will be plenty for the 15a heater hopefully then it wont blow the fuse...

Picked up some new Wheel locking nuts from halfords earlier for 36quid lol, bloody rip off but i wasnt gonna get the braptastic ripspeed ones tbh lol

Also got some Dot 5.1 brake fluid ready for the day when i decide to ditch the ABS pump, just need to get the fittings and everything ready for that job.

Also sent some pics of my engine bay over to Jon @ Shawspeed as requested for his new website :approve:

JDM Dc2
With alittle help form Sim yesterday we removed the bulbs out of my dash for the ABC, TC, Air bag and the engine management lights so now i have a clean dash altho last night i couldnt see a thing as i forgot the push the green clip back onto it so when i had my light on the dash was failing to light up lol... will sort it out in abit.

Also with help form Phil J he got my old locking wheel nuts off and then i replaced with new mackguard ones (think thats what there called lol)

Got these off the rear of a mk4 the other day for the front on mine to replace the orinagl bit chunky ones -

DSC01052.jpg

the Nuts on the top of the strut tops need undoing with a buzz gun and i dont wanna end up rounding off the allen key as a swann neck 19mm spanner was still not good and you could see the allen about to go pop.

JDM Dc2
Old Strut top weights removed (did them one at a time obviously lol) -

DSC01121.jpg

New ones fitted -

DSC01115.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

They weigh at least 1kg each than the rear ones, plus they look alot better/tidier too :D

Passenger window also works now too thanks to some soldering from f0xy!

JDM Dc2
Got home from work and the battery box was left at a neighbours so i went to get it and fitted it straight away using new M8 bols and penny washers and new nylock nuts... then with a 32mm holesaw cut the holes for the wires to go through then packed it out the some Pipe Lagging -

DSC01123.jpg

Lid and another job done -

DSC01125.jpg

Also emptied the oil catch tank as it was 1/3 full of water and condesation **** lol

JDM Dc2
Went over the Cat & fiddle last night with Bren, Sim and Jonff... was good seems as weve never been over it before... but thought i could hear some slight rattling/knocking when i was turning right...

So just checked all the Subframe bolts and the same bolt on both sides of the Lower arms.. the bolts that go straight the subframe are not even hand tight and they're just spinning and i cant get them out
mad.gif

Oulton Park is 10days and dont really want the bolts shearing off
sad.gif
.. any ideas? would a buzz gun get them out maybe?.. but even if i remove them i thinki the threads fooked on the chassis as ike i said the bolts just spinning and it right it where it should be fully tight...

JDM Dc2
after afew mates saying theres a nut on top of the subframe i was certain there was as i didnt notice it when i removed the subframe to change the steering rack... turned out there is a nut
doh.gif
LOL... so thats sorted and tightened also lowered the coilovers another turn too...

Whilst the car was in the air we removed the exhaust and trial fitted it to brens to see what it sounded like with his Ashley manifold etc etc (as mine has no mid-silener and the tip is 1.5" smaller too and its crazy how much differemce it makes...

seems how i have a spare centre section with a small mid-silencer im gonna go pipewerx one day and get a pipe made up which will go from the centre section to the cut out in the bumper with 2 hangers for mounts just for fun but obviously for track ill still stick with how it is atm (no mid-silencer and baackbox with 2.5"tip) and for fun days will be centre silencered section with straight pipe where back box should be lol.. we'll have a laugh with it and im going halfs with bren for it so will only be like 20quid each lol

also... DONT BUY COIL PACKS FROM FACTORS lol (for fords anyways lol)

Cars been running like a b**ch lately, like really bad misfiring its only done it twice then once i stopped and unplugged the leads it was fine since... Just been to Ford to get a new Coil Pack and there is a new design which look alot better like... so got that and fitted it and jobs a good un' no weird noise on start up either as it used to sound like something was still running for a second or two when i turned the car off now no noise :D

Bring on Oulton a week tomorrow!!! :approve:

JDM Dc2
looking ace as usual, big fan of the bonnet vent!!!
weighed it recently??

Cheers :D

and nah last time it weighed 880kgs with 1/8 tank iirc... since then removed heater matrix, lighter strut tops, lighter seat frames.. so should be 860-865ish now... will weigh it next wednesday at oulton.

JDM Dc2
My car weighed 850kg exactly with 1/4 tank fuel thats 195bhp/tonne!

had an awesome day today best track day ive done so far!!!

not one single problem apart form the fookin T1rs are/were shocking with this spec lol used about 25mm of the walls when cornering hard lol... engine was sweet..

pics of the tyres lol -

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and weights 159KB.
IMG_0272.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and weights 208KB.
IMG_0273.jpg

was pushing it all day.. cant wait to see the pics and vids!