ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
Jons came, sorted the thread out in the head, fitted the rocker cover and cam cover whilst i did the fuel rail, then jon did the brake servo, then everything on, started the car on a base map which jon uses for these Pico injectors, the loudest firework ever from the exhaust, and we started to hear quite loud tapping, jon thinks its the valve clearences on the exhaust valves, so he'll have to come back again early next week one evening, whip the rocker cover back off (ill get that off over the weekend) then need to check the cleareneces, to me thats all it sounds like the cam hitting the buckets/valves, jon thinks its that too so we shall see...

so when jon left i tided up the bay here and there and fitted these verrry sexy things, i didnt realise the bodies were tapered so the trumpets are 45mm bore x 90mm long
wub.gif
, here they are with the fuel rail once i cut it to size -

DSC00897.jpg

annnnd on -

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

JDM Dc2
Yesterday removed the rocker cover etc and fitted a new rocker gasket so at least now i now its been done plus i think it was leaking oil down the back of the head onto the manifold.

Also ordered a new throttle cable from ford too, picking that up tuesday.

Jons coming round tomorrow afternoon/evening to check the valve clearences and the cam timing, hopefully he'll find the problem.

Templates made -

DSC00913.jpg

ive only got a 40mm hole saw so ill just use that and file the rest out (5mm) with a half round file till its nice and flush, WHEN the back plate and filter arrive!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks wicked with the 90mm trumpets :) (snap)

Will the new filter 100% fit between the slam pannel and the trumpets?

Looks really close on the last picture you posted.

JDM Dc2
Looks wicked with the 90mm trumpets :) (snap)

Will the new filter 100% fit between the slam pannel and the trumpets?

Looks really close on the last picture you posted.

cheers!

and yeh i tried my old 90mm inner diameter one and that slots right between the gap, so ill see what its like with the 125mm internal one when it arrives, should be able to get away with it.

DCi 100
Multi spoke as in the original ones dude.

I kinda see Z-tecs as lower than a RS in my liking, but not quite lame as ZR. Look great with the right bits like yours/the lad at Oulton.

Glad to see you've still got hope in it dude.

JDM Dc2
Checked the valve clearences with jon last night, on the exhaust cam 2&3 are like 30thou when i believe they should be like 10thou like all the others were, strange how theyve gone like that tho, jons thinks theres a chance the 2 valves couldve been bent or could be but as he said its still made good power numerous times so...

Just got everything off ready (aux. belt, WP rulley, cam belt cover, cam and pulley) for jon to pop back round later and re-shim the cam up.

JDM Dc2
Sorted the valve clearences last nite... 2 of the shims popped off the 2 valve stems (strange), jon popped them back on, checked the valve clearences, spot on!

Jons coming back 3pm on friday to time the cams back up and we'll get it up and running, hopefully with no tapping issues.

I also fitted the new throttle cable and re-fitted the lower engine mont.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
How odd. So they arne't self adjusting then? Or does the bucket allow a bit of self adjustment.

JDM Dc2
Sorted. timed the cams up, put everything back together and started straight away after being sat for a week :D

Soon as it started let it ran for 10mins then i drained out the shi**y oil and repled with some Mobil 1 15w40.

Jon also brought the new filter and back plate, so i got to that when jon left, cut out and ready for when i can put the filter and trumpets on -

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

need to cut the bonnet first before i can fit them tho which shall be getting done tmoz with help form f0xy and a dremel :approve:

Peugeot 106 Rallye ITB'd.
wow looking good mate. bet its gonna go like a rocket ship!!

any power figures yet??

my rallyes making 158bhp on bodies atm. equates to around 180bhp per tonne atm. but im getting some longer trumpets like yaself. dunno whether to go 60 mm or 90mm. luckily i've got the chance to test both sets out see what i like. What exhaust you got?? 103db is pretty loud lol i've got an OMP Inox Group A system and its pretty damn loud too. lol would love to try and crack 170bhp with some more head work too.

JDM Dc2
wow looking good mate. bet its gonna go like a rocket ship!!

any power figures yet??

my rallyes making 158bhp on bodies atm. equates to around 180bhp per tonne atm. but im getting some longer trumpets like yaself. dunno whether to go 60 mm or 90mm. luckily i've got the chance to test both sets out see what i like. What exhaust you got?? 103db is pretty loud lol i've got an OMP Inox Group A system and its pretty damn loud too. lol would love to try and crack 170bhp with some more head work too.

cheers, yeh was 180bhp/tonne with the old bodies, went well like.

figures should be around the low 160s bhp and 120s lbs ft.

Milltek manifold, 2.25"de-cat, piper catback with with no mid-silencers just back box.

JDM Dc2
Trumpets all on -

DSC00917.jpg

Not best pleased tbh as the back plates like 5mm higher on the left, at least its very smooth inside like where ive filed the holes for the bodies.

Filter on -

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

Holes drilled -

DSC00923.jpg

f0xy is coming round in abit with a grinder and a dremel, grind to them holes then work our way out with the dremel so the filter will be about 5mm from the bonnet all round to allow for engine movement :D

Peugeot 106 Rallye ITB'd.
So what power difference is it between the old and new set up??

Will the the longer trumpets change power curve and delivery??

JDM Dc2
Holes drilled and taped around for the excess to come out -

DSC00924.jpg

progress -

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

Done then i washed the car to get some decent-ish pics...

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

Ther filter is angleing down to the right slightly but thats due to the VibraTechnics upper gearbox mount.

Big thanks to f0xy for doing the grinding, i aint the biggest fan of grinders tbh lol

:D

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks wicked with the filter on.

Have you oiled the filter lots so the rain doesnt have a field day with the sponge.

You just need a scooby scoop to finish it off lol ;)

JDM Dc2
Looks wicked with the filter on.

Have you oiled the filter lots so the rain doesnt have a field day with the sponge.

You just need a scooby scoop to finish it off lol ;)

ive not no, just done 50miles tnite with it raing hard at times, suprised how dry it stayed tbh

and no thanks about the scoop lol

Looking good,pleased you have got it all sorted:cool:

cheers!

Going to ring mike @ mikeanics tmoz about a day/date for mapping :D

JDM Dc2
Good stuff!

<3 this car!

Cheers :D

how did the mapping go

Couldnt've gone better tbh mate...

Picked the car up at 4.30 yesterday, mike was very pleased with the figures and was suprised that its still running standard bottom end...

It made - 166bhp @ 7.7k and 121lbs/ft @ 6k... so thats 10bhp more form the bodies and injectors and the same torque just the peaks raised by 450rpm... also had the limiter to raised to 7.9k soft cut...

Gave it a good blast last night, put my foot down from 2k in second (as youll see in the vid when a mate posts it up)... picks up just as it did up until say 5k ish then it really does pick quicker than it did, can really feel it pulling like, as bren witnessed lol... sounds the same from inside but i believe it sounds more aggresive outside form the front and the exhaust has gone a little deeper too.

So.. now im at now 875kgs/166bhp = 190bhp/tonne... need to loose approx 40-50kgs to get the magic 200bhp/tonne, dont think that will be happening tbh, got a few more ideas where weight can be shed but only a maximum of like 20kgs not 50 lol

Definatly can't loose any weight off you ;)

Good to hear it went well dude.

haha

good figures riggerz me boy

you mention he was surprised it was still on a standard bottom end? planning on touching that? does this mean high compression pistons?

you knows it makes sence.

haha

you mention he was surprised it was still on a standard bottom end? planning on touching that? does this mean high compression pistons?

you knows it makes more money than sence.

It may have a high power figure then, but will still lack torque...

JDM Dc2
haha

you knows it makes sence.

yeh he was and tbh was really thinking about it a few weeks ago when i came up with the idea of the new bodies and cut the bonnet etc... SS5s, ported head, big valve head, forged pistons & rods would see 200bhp & 140lbs ft with a rev limit of 8750rpm...

Time to get the holesaws and angle grinder out.

coming out soon lol

JDM Dc2
should be the name of the project thread haha

200bhp would be tastey though!

i do sell the stuff what i replace you know to compensate for the new stuff lol...

yeh certainly would, maybe next year or in the winter, i know ive said it loads of times but im leaving it as it is now till end of the year as a few other people are getting similar engine spec to mine (both with same cams, one with twin 40s one with the same bodies as mine but with 45mm trumpets, only gain i have over them is bigger valve head and my cars lighter)... would probs be best when the time comes (if i decide 200bhp is what i want in this) and if it lasts to sell my engine for a good price then start form scratch with a different engine.