ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP Trophy 433/500

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Wrote it off this morning on the way to work.

Extremely gutted and a bit sore, but ok. Especially gutted as I've spend just shy of 2 grand last month getting it immaculate so it's ready to be sold.

I'm going to attempt to buy it back, as the Turnini's/Recaros/Sachs/Spoiler etc are all in perfect condition still. So if anyone has any advice regarding how to best go about doing that it would be much appreciated.

So yeah, take it easy out there everyone. You may be on a road that you have driven every day for the past 5 years but you never know what's around the corner. In my case it was a lorry reversing into a drive causing a cue of traffic. The other driver is fine.

5503390862_b58babf28e_z.jpg

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
Depending on who you're insured with you may have trouble buying it back. I couldn't buy it back from Elephant when i wrote off a VTS a few years ago :(

Megane r26
Proper gutted for you chap, glad yor ok. Looked such a clean car :(

Depending on who you're insured with you may have trouble buying it back. I couldn't buy it back from Elephant when i wrote off a VTS a few years ago :(

I have come across tthis in the past with a 106 but you never know. Certainly worth a try.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
:( Just writing that email up mate, you should have it after lunch. <3

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Proper gutted mate, fingers crossed you can buy it back.
Dont forget things like the engine / gearbox / exhaust manifold is all worth good money too not just the trophy specific parts, at least a couple of grand to be had back in total with minimal effort.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
AHHH s**t MATE!! i remeber it from the weekend and you saying how amazing it was... at lease tou dont have to f**k about selling it now...

lol.

hope your OK, and if its not too bad why not just buy it back and repoair?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Gutted :( But at least you and the other driver is ok. Just a car at the end of the day, as nice as it may be.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Its always a gutting feeling when one of these things gets written off, such a lovely car especially when kept mint like luke's has been

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends what catagory of write off it becomes , d you can buy back no problem , c is trickier but you should be able too , A and B not without a salvage licence

GTD, Lupo
Luke was it you that joined us for the south central convoy to CSS? If so im gutted you car was stunning. Was sat behind you most of the way.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted for you mate :(.

I know this feeling all to well. Just don't do what I did and spend all your insurance money and end up in a ph1 lol.

At least no one was injured that's the most important thing. Accidents happen.

How did the accident happen? From what you've said it sounds like you went up someone's arse? Must have been a serious whack to the front to write it off, without damaging any wheels?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ohhhh Luke. We where only listening to your gay music in it on saturday night! :(
At least your ok mate, that's the main thing!
Sam.

PS. Trophy spoiler for the bean? ;) x

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Luke was it you that joined us for the south central convoy to CSS? If so im gutted you car was stunning. Was sat behind you most of the way.

That was me in the south central convoy