ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road tax on 182s?

When did tax it go up? did i miss it or something ? i looked and it was £137.50 for 6 months , just taxed mine and its now £143.50 !!!

im guessing it was sneaked into the budget or something?

:mad:

(Wouldnt mind as much but the roads are worse then they have ever been near me my clio shakes its self death on normal suspension) and i know its not road tax any more its vehicle exercise tax so it can pay for dole dossers and smack-heads but when will it stop going up !! Stuff like this makes me want get rid of the clio and have a £20 a year diesel or something !!

I've never understood it , blags me as my clio takes up the same space as a 1.2 clio :S goes off emissions i know but makes no difference as they all have catalytic converters (or should have ;) lol ) so bang them on a MOT test emissions machine and they all release the same amount of gasses !!

Really gets me up :mad:

And now i shall apologise for ranting ! just needed to vent somewhere ! my £6 means alot to me haha

It will continue to go up forever! Especially as people are buying more low emissions vehicles (with cheaper tax), which means the government gets less revenue from them - resulting in a price hike for us and other 'high' emissions vehicles.

It will continue to go up forever! Especially as people are buying more low emissions vehicles (with cheaper tax), which means the government gets less revenue from them - resulting in a price hike for us and other 'high' emissions vehicles.

Really guts me :( makes you want to jump on the band wagon and get one but I dont want a boring car ! lol so guess were caught by the short and curlies !

Meh - ill be keeping the Clio for a long time.

I am not selling it (now its worth peanuts) and spending more money on a potentially less interesting car to save a little bit on road tax :p

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Well its only once a year. Buy a blue motion or something they are free with wheel trims lol.

280 a year! i got mine in december and it was only 250. They best start fixing some roads then with all this extra cash there going to be rolling in!
But its a nessisary evil if we all want to keep our RS' :(

Passat
I nearly bought a Mazda 3 MPS recently. That's £460 for the year. It would be absolutely soul destroying handing that over every year.

Dont feel too bad. We have to pay €710 (£600) a year in Ireland for 2 litre cars made before 2008 :dead:

I still don't get people whining about car 'tax' when they'll happily pay £1000+ a year for insurance.

At the end of the day, even £400 odd isn't breaking the bank.

107 Track Car & C4
I still don't get people whining about car 'tax' when they'll happily pay £1000+ a year for insurance.

Exactly. You don't buy a 'quick' expecting costs to be dirt cheap, can't understand some people.

It's gone up £6 for 6 months, not really alot is it.

Passat

I don't think anyone would winge if the money was being spent on roads.

Its also a blatantly unfair system. You have guys in 2.5 litre diesels doing 30,000 miles a year paying less than my gran in her 10 year old 1.1 fiesta that sits on her drive 6 days a week.

Its not a case of moan about road tax, but turn a blind eye to car insurance. Road tax, insurance, fuel prices, fuel taxes, parking charges...the motorist gets shafted from all angles and we do knack all about it.

Yes it is when some cars have 0 road tax. People get pissed off. It's just something else to have your arse hole raped over

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Lol at this.

If you never called it road tax but you said emissions tax then you wouldn't be moaning.

2016 Audi RS3
Car tax doesn't pay for road maintenance, I think repairs are funded by local authorities whole collect revenue primarily from council tax

Same. I did mine for 12 months as I seem people posting on here that their renewal had gone up. Strangely mine hadnt. Odd.

well funny enough I had my rinder through about 1 hour later on that it says 137.50 but when you go online it's not any more !!

It's not road tax it's vehicle exercise duty ! Goes off emissions which we all know is complete rubbish ! Just as said a necessary evil ! Lol

C63 AMG
I'd rather pay £400+ tax and have a car I love and enjoy than pay £0 tax and have a car Greenpeace hypocrites encourage me to own.

I don't think anyone would winge if the money was being spent on roads.

Its also a blatantly unfair system. You have guys in 2.5 litre diesels doing 30,000 miles a year paying less than my gran in her 10 year old 1.1 fiesta that sits on her drive 6 days a week.

Its not a case of moan about road tax, but turn a blind eye to car insurance. Road tax, insurance, fuel prices, fuel taxes, parking charges...the motorist gets shafted from all angles and we do knack all about it.

HEAR HEAR

PB Clio 172
Life is about choices. I am mixed about so called road tax but at the end of the day if you cannot or moan and groan about the price of it maybe you shouldn't be driving a motor car

1eight2
The way I see tax is. Cough up £137.50. Get a round piece of paper in the post. Stick it in my tax disc holder and forget about it till I get reminded its due in 5 months. I'd love to know where my money goes but ill probably never find out.