ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Supercharged Trophy

RB Clio 182
Booked in with Chris at EFI Parts on the 3rd of September! :blush:

Had a good chat with him on the phone. I'm looking forward to meeting him in person, and letting him loose on the Trophy!

Just a cheeky 4 hour drive there and back... :weary:

He will sort any issues that are holding you back and get you a nice 250hp+ graph :wink:

Im sure that he can unlock ecu's like the issue that you had with ktek too.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Can you get him to turn the flames up? Im talking literally burning the car behind you big

Like some sort of James Bond car!? 😂

He will sort any issues that are holding you back and get you a nice 250hp+ graph :wink:

Im sure that he can unlock ecu's like the issue that you had with ktek too.

That would be nice mate. He said it may need a new restrictor, or just further tweaking. Regardless of bhp I'd just like to sort out the idle issue, because it just wont hold its revs and in traffic it's bloody awful!

Apparently its a really common issue with supercharged Clio's with aftermarket ECU's but he has a few tricks up his sleeve!

Even If I don't come away with a gain I'm sure he can point me in the right direction, and help me take the car further. :wink:

RB Clio 182
Like some sort of James Bond car!? 😂

That would be nice mate. He said it may need a new restrictor, or just further tweaking. Regardless of bhp I'd just like to sort out the idle issue, because it just wont hold its revs and in traffic it's bloody awful!

Apparently its a really common issue with supercharged Clio's with aftermarket ECU's but he has a few tricks up his sleeve!

Even If I don't come away with a gain I'm sure he can point me in the right direction, and help me take the car further. :wink:

Pffft, like eating creamcake to scoff that!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen the moment you came off at Blyton. [emoji87]
Could of been a lot worse bud! [emoji23]

The car is okay though. Just some minor dents in the offside door, luckily no paint damage. Although I think the door card will need to come off as the window makes an awful clunking noise when operated. So I'd imagine a fault relating to the window regulator.

Not the first time I've spun on track, and I'd imagine not the last...

Infact my last 'off' unfortunately wasn't on a GoPro, but I spun at about 100mph flat out in fith gear going through 'church' at Thruxton!

That was fun! [emoji28]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Could of been a lot worse bud! [emoji23]

The car is okay though. Just some minor dents in the offside door, luckily no paint damage. Although I think the door card will need to come off as the window makes an awful clunking noise when operated. So I'd imagine a fault relating to the window regulator.

Not the first time I've spun on track, and I'd imagine not the last...

Infact my last 'off' unfortunately wasn't on a GoPro, but I spun at about 100mph flat out in fith gear going through 'church' at Thruxton!

That was fun! [emoji28]

Yeh you where quite lucky. I didn't know what was in them big blocks.

That was the first time in the new Mini on the track but it was good. I got a lot more confident towards the end though.

What bhp is yours running?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh you where quite lucky. I didn't know what was in them big blocks.

That was the first time in the new Mini on the track but it was good. I got a lot more confident towards the end though.

What bhp is yours running?
It made a right thud when I slammed into it, but I think it was a poly covered hay bale?

The first few sessions, or morning out on track are great for building your confidence. I'm fortunate to of been round the track last year, so my confidence, and ability had improved a fair bit from then.

Power is currently at 230 bud.

Reactions: Sam

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It would be interesting I think.

Was going through the phone pics and I have a few drive by vids of yours at Blyton. Will try and upload them to you, but the wind is quite loud.

Do see flamage though :smilingimp:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It made a right thud when I slammed into it, but I think it was a poly covered hay bale?

The first few sessions, or morning out on track are great for building your confidence. I'm fortunate to of been round the track last year, so my confidence, and ability had improved a fair bit from then.

Power is currently at 230 bud.

Mines running 240 I think.

I'll have to strip it out next time and get the weight down and have a good play.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Nice to meet you at Blyton last weekend, we spoke all things supercharged (I'm the one who owned the 266bhp Petrol Blue SC 182)

As we said you won't go wrong taking it to Chris at EFI Parts, he'll see it right and will definitely give you a lot more than that 230 figure. It will be a transformed car when you get it back, much more driveable.

Nice meeting you and chatting to you.

Rich

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Nice to meet you at Blyton last weekend, we spoke all things supercharged (I'm the one who owned the 266bhp Petrol Blue SC 182)

As we said you won't go wrong taking it to Chris at EFI Parts, he'll see it right and will definitely give you a lot more than that 230 figure. It will be a transformed car when you get it back, much more driveable.

Nice meeting you and chatting to you.

Rich

Hi Rich,

I remember our chat bud, and its because of you, and many other recommendations I decided to speak to Chris. Here's hoping for a decent result, and an all round improvement!

Was good to meet you too mate.

Rob

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Hi Rich,

I remember our chat bud, and its because of you, and many other recommendations I decided to speak to Chris. Here's hoping for a decent result, and an all round improvement!

Was good to meet you too mate.

Rob
Can't wait to see the outcome, I've been following your project thread

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted this little beauty yesterday with the help of @KrisRS182 managed to get it secondhand from a friend for £150 including the anti vibration weight!

The deal was made if I removed it, and installed his original shifter!

Straightforward to fit, but a pain to adjust...

The main sleeve is fairly tarnished, so I intend on removing it and painting it a similar colour to match my cage, and dash strips, and I'm unsure whether to keep it as it is, or refit the gaiter?

All in all I'm chuffed to bits with it, and another mod ticked off! [emoji6]

uploadfromtaptalk1469039190581.jpg

RB Clio 182
Fitted this little beauty yesterday with the help of @KrisRS182 managed to get it secondhand from a friend for £150 including the anti vibration weight!

The deal was made if I removed it, and installed his original shifter!

Straightforward to fit, but a pain to adjust...

The main sleeve is fairly tarnished, so I intend on removing it and painting it a similar colour to match my cage, and dash strips, and I'm unsure whether to keep it as it is, or refit the gaiter?

All in all I'm chuffed to bits with it, and another mod ticked off! [emoji6]

View attachment 160882

26 degrees?

It was 36 here!

Another nice mod mate but id stick the gaiter back on but I like oem+.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
26 degrees?

It was 36 here!

Another nice mod mate but id stick the gaiter back on but I like oem+.
36!? f**k that! I've been melting all day regardless...

Cheers bud. I'm really happy with the shifter, even with all the extra noise and vibration it brings.

I see what you mean about the whole OEM+ I'll see how I feel, but it's one of those things that's quick and easy to change if I need to.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great dude! Tempted to remove that whole plastic panel?

I'm not sure bud. I doubt it just because my car is going down the whole 'clubsport' route as far as the interior is concerned. Unlike you're stripped out beast! :wink:

The shifter is a great improvement

It really is a smart bit of kit! Pure Motorsport products are really well designed and made. After fitting their exhaust system I phoned Nick just to tell him what an awesome system it was! It obviously goes for everything they make and sell.

Love the shifter, does it make the gear change feel any different? (Abit like the Yanoo Stiff Shift thingy bob)

It transforms the gear selection mate. Very positive, and a shorter throw with no more sloppy gear stick movement! Also due to the position, and height of the stick it makes reaching for it when your strapped in with a harness much easier. A real problem for me with the original shifter.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Definantly add a gaiter mate. It's not even a tenner!
I've already got one bud, just don't know whether I like it fitted with that absurdly long gear stick!

This just arrived in the post from @dablk who is an absolute gent to deal with, both as a buyer, and seller.

Will try and get it fitted later, and will upload some more photos.

Be glad to get rid of my cheap Euro car parts bottle, and cap

uploadfromtaptalk1469098189075.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469098192229.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Clubsport spec would have a gaiter. Just sayin'

Pic to help convince you.

View attachment 160935
Curse you Mark, and all you stand for! [emoji23]

That doesn't look so bad to be fair. Maybe it's the original zinc colouring that doesn't look right IMO

I'll paint the stick first, and then get the gaiter on... Happy? [emoji6]

Managed to fit the new expansion bottle this evening. Another pointless modification, but I'm happy nonetheless!

uploadfromtaptalk1469121836137.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469121839695.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I have the gaitor on mine. It's also painted!
After seeing yours painted Mark I knew I'd have to do something similar, as it looks much better.

I haven't taken it apart yet, but I presume you just remove the gear knob and pull the outer sleeve off ready for paint?

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great :) pure motorsport stuff is amazing. Think its the gold zinc plating as you said that makes it look bit out of place, some paint and gaiter as mentioned and will look perfect. Tempted with one of them but already got the yanoo kit fitted to mine so not sure how much of a benefit it would be.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great :) pure motorsport stuff is amazing. Think its the gold zinc plating as you said that makes it look bit out of place, some paint and gaiter as mentioned and will look perfect. Tempted with one of them but already got the yanoo kit fitted to mine so not sure how much of a benefit it would be.

Cheers Keith!

Plan is to get some spiffing 4 pots like yours possibly Hispec, or maybe Wilwood... I also really like the look of those front hubs.

What are they like? Did you notice a big change out on track?

The Yanoo kit is highly regarded, but I personally don't have any experience of it. Like you said I'm unsure of how much difference you'd get.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
After seeing yours painted Mark I knew I'd have to do something similar, as it looks much better.

I haven't taken it apart yet, but I presume you just remove the gear knob and pull the outer sleeve off ready for paint?

Yeah remove the knob and the sleeve lifts up mate. Piece of piss.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Keith!

Plan is to get some spiffing 4 pots like yours possibly Hispec, or maybe Wilwood... I also really like the look of those front hubs.

What are they like? Did you notice a big change out on track?

The Yanoo kit is highly regarded, but I personally don't have any experience of it. Like you said I'm unsure of how much difference you'd get.

The hubs are amazing, need to update my project thread but had car out first time few weeks ago with the hubs on around Anglesey and difference is night and day to how it was around there before the hubs :) Brakes were amazing too, borderline being overkill at times.

Extra reach of the pure motorsport one might sway it for me now though.