ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Supercharged Trophy

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Powder coating is awesome!

As previously discussed I was looking for a local powder coater's for the PMS gear stick sleeve. If anything to please @drjekyll [emoji23]

Turns out my good friend and fellow Clio geek @loggyboy has his own oven (literally an old kitchen oven) and his own powder coating kit, and offered to help.

So I got my own bag of powder named 'titanium' as from the image on the website looked to match my dash strips, and roll cage perfectly... Turns out it didn't!

So after some head scratching we decided to mix some of the so called 'titanium' with some of his 'satin black' and I'm really pleased with the results, especially as its now such a unique finish.

I've yet to fit it, but will rectify that tomorrow eve. In the mean time here's some pics of my evening!

uploadfromtaptalk1469480934678.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469480941086.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469480949019.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469480954014.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469480965531.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469480971126.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469480976075.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469480981118.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1469480985775.jpg

Mitch thinks it's a bloody chew toy...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers bud.

I'm really pleased!

How do you find your Club Sports? They will be more than likely the replacement to my Trendlines.

I love them mate. They're really comfy on long journeys (enough to commit to a 600 mile one next week) and very supportive. Great with harnesses too.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I love them mate. They're really comfy on long journeys (enough to commit to a 600 mile one next week) and very supportive. Great with harnesses too.
That's good to hear buddy!

As I've pre-ordered a pair this morning direct from Corbeau. I went for the XL versions (for the larger gent) should hopefully be in stock mid August!

What subframes did you go for?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Powder coating is awesome!

As previously discussed I was looking for a local powder coater's for the PMS gear stick sleeve. If anything to please @drjekyll [emoji23]

Turns out my good friend and fellow Clio geek @loggyboy has his own oven (literally an old kitchen oven) and his own powder coating kit, and offered to help.

So I got my own bag of powder named 'titanium' as from the image on the website looked to match my dash strips, and roll cage perfectly... Turns out it didn't!

So after some head scratching we decided to mix some of the so called 'titanium' with some of his 'satin black' and I'm really pleased with the results, especially as its now such a unique finish.

I've yet to fit it, but will rectify that tomorrow eve. In the mean time here's some pics of my evening!

View attachment 161138View attachment 161139View attachment 161140View attachment 161141View attachment 161142View attachment 161143View attachment 161144View attachment 161145View attachment 161146

Mitch thinks it's a bloody chew toy...

That is just full of utter win! :cool:

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
That is just full of utter win! :cool:
Cheers bud!

The finished result isn't too bad either...

Fair play to @drjekyll it looks much better with the gaiter, but I think the powder coating has helped for sure.

uploadfromtaptalk1469556887703.jpg

In other news I've sold my Recaro Trendline's to Alex, and today put a deposit down on a pair of Corbeau Club Sports. Which I will fit with a set of @JONFOZ lowered subframes.

Alex is picking them up next Sunday, and the Corbeau's are on back order until mid August so looks like the trophy won't be going anywhere for a while! [emoji23]

And the word 'Trophy' isn't really accurate for my car anymore... In hindsight I should of bought a RB 182, but I'm far too down the line now!

Maybe my thread title should read:

'Rob's Supercharged Red Clio' [emoji6]

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
It was a pleasure to handle your shaft Rob, especially rubbing it with sand paper. Hows the colour match in day light?

Compared against the cage, and dash strips the shade of anthracite is nearly spot on! Granted the amount of fleck in the powder coating is much higher, but overall it looks awesome!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Compared against the cage, and dash strips the shade of anthracite is nearly spot on! Granted the amount of fleck in the powder coating is much higher, but overall it looks awesome!
If the fleck ever bothers you to the point of annoyance, we can try the silver i have mixed with black, might look more 'normally' metallic.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted the Corbeau Clubsports yesterday along with a pair of RSA 4 point harnesses.

The driving position/experience has improved dramatically!

Coupled with the JON FOZ lowered subframes it's made a big difference.

Just need to adjust the drivers seat, and move it back a little further as I need a bit more leg room. Not a straight forward process as I've ditched the runners due excess movement.

It will be worth it in the end I'm sure...

Roll on the next track day!

uploadfromtaptalk1470922230671.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1470922236738.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1470922241847.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Cheers bud!

All ready for the drive up to EFI Parts. :grinning:
Excellent, I know it sounds weird but with the bucket seats and harnesses now in place you'll focus much better on the trackday driving. It makes such a difference being strapped into a seat that holds you firmly in place.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent, I know it sounds weird but with the bucket seats and harnesses now in place you'll focus much better on the trackday driving. It makes such a difference being strapped into a seat that holds you firmly in place.
Doesn't sound weird at all bud.

The harnesses really improved the position in the Recaro's but the seats themselves just don't support you that well!

These Clubsports are much better! On hindsight I reckon I could of got away with the standard size (I went for the XL versions) but you know what it's like if I went for those I'd be moaning that they're too snug!
Interior is fit. I need a small steering wheel :(
Thanks mate!

I'm really pleased with how it's all turned out.

I'd highly recommend a smaller steering wheel. Makes such a difference!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Small update...

Loving the new seats! The driving experience has changed drastically, combined with the PMS shifter its a real 'event' when I go for a drive. Although the harnesses are a little restrictive for public road use, I'm sure I'll get used to them in time.

Both front fog lamps have been removed in favour for the bass port brake ducting. Very similar to @Dr Jekyll's setup, who I owe a big thanks to for all his advice! I havent take any photos (because I'm crap) but will try and get some up soon.

I never managed to see Chris at EFI Parts on the 3rd of September. A bit gutted really, but due to work commitments I couldn't make it! I'm planning to re-schedule with him probably beginning of next year now.

Finally I'm hoping to squeeze in another track day within the next couple of months. Ideally Thruxton on the 21st of October, as its my local track.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Love this.

Is Thruxton pricey?

Cheers bud!

It's not too bad... £189 open pit lane. 90db noise limit though which is massive pain in the arse! I just scrapped through last time, but my PMS exhaust system seems quieter so hopefully I should be okay.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's rather low! I'm sure I was 92db at Bedford with a Ktec cat back..

Yeah it's pretty awful! The old boy that monitored the sound levels whilst on track came over to me and gave me a friendly bit of advice to keep off the throttle past the pit wall as I was peaking the limit! :blush:

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
How weird.. I thought yesterday I hadn't heard anything from your project for a while. Love the PMS shifter, it does make every change so much better :up:. Shame you didn't get to EFI, must get there myself this winter.
I'll echo @Dr Jekyll.. Get some pics up :up::up:

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
How weird.. I thought yesterday I hadn't heard anything from your project for a while. Love the PMS shifter, it does make every change so much better :up:. Shame you didn't get to EFI, must get there myself this winter.
I'll echo @Dr Jekyll.. Get some pics up :up::up:

It hasn't blown up if that's what you mean! :wink: In fact, I don't want to jinx anything but the car is running spot on at the moment. I will get it to EFI at some point though as I'd like a few tweaks, and maybe to release its full potential or at least take the required steps to get there. I'd also like to speak to him about the options for gauges etc.

Hows the phase one Andy? You fancy joining me at Thruxton on the 21st?