ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Zed - New Wheel Whoarage

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Rob's bus needed new wheels. Well it didn't but I told him to get them anyway.

Friend of mine picked them up from somewhere north of The Gap (was a bit grim IIRC) and popped them to mine on Friday night.

8644029178_1af73d4e3d_c.jpg

Wheelz at night by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Rob came over to mine today to pick them up and we swapped his 108s over for these (BMW 224's, effectively z4m roadster wheels, and quite rare), sold the 108s to a local guy for a decent figure and went out for a hoon.

8649017811_7569be2877_c.jpg

Slave at work by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8649014915_d440fc498a_c.jpg

New boots by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8649016191_502ce5ba0d_c.jpg

Rob by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Eventually went to a Tesco car park after lights out (other supermarket car parks are available) and showed him how to pedal a camera. First thing to remember is to bring a memory card, eh Rob....... :coffee:

Anyway... My poor effort:

8649998028_41e7e68cdc_c.png

The Zed Arrows by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8649997544_e64bcd04ee_c.jpg

The Zed by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8649995990_527757c229_c.jpg

Zedarse by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8649995462_3fe1fe59eb_c.jpg

Moody arse by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Time for a beer and a sit down after 2 very busy days !

Adieu,

OtherRob.

Last edited by a moderator:
F**K. I knew he'd purchased M wheels. And I didn't want to like them. But I do like them. And then I was like "but it's not an M" and then my brain was all like "but they look awesome" and then I concluded that despite Rob looking exceedingly reem in the drivers seat you two must have looked like right bumders.

KTHXBYEXXX

ETA: Proper offset.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL!

Thanks for the general abuse Samuel. The fact is - the offset is mint, they've got some wicked rubber on them (conti's) and they were a f**king bargain!!!!

They're a pretty god damn rare wheel in the zed world, and they cost me not much after the good price I got on the 108's. (and he collected them within 10 minutes of removal).

We also installed an aux port today, literally plug and play, love BMW.

You're welcome.

I'm also no longer entertaining your BMW comments. French shed's FTW!

It does look properly awesome. Offset makes it imo.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
F**K. I knew he'd purchased M wheels. And I didn't want to like them. But I do like them. And then I was like "but it's not an M" and then my brain was all like "but they look awesome" and then I concluded that despite Rob looking exceedingly reem in the drivers seat you two must have looked like right bumders.

KTHXBYEXXX

ETA: Proper offset.

LOL!

They look spot on :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
On a scale of one to wedding rings, how much do you two look like a couple sitting in this with the roof down>?:cool:

No where near as fabulous as my friend when we used to .. er .. cruise about in his Mk1 MX5 :eek: Did have 240hp mind.... Always be ready with a party trick ;)

PS.: couple of weekends ago I was driving it (the Zed) .. I insisted on having the roof down. It was not raining. It was however, minus 1deg C lol !! Home half hours drive mostly with the rears lit up leaving Tylers Brera in clouds of smoke from the CS meet top down was fcuking ace. Couldn't care how camp we looked when I could see the stars thru the hole in the roof haha

:eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You're welcome.

I'm also no longer entertaining your BMW comments. French shed's FTW!

It does look properly awesome. Offset makes it imo.

You can't just turn off the German love, it sticks with you and whispers in your ear every time you hear a french rattle... Agree on the offset front, it was one of the main reasons for purchase infact.

LOL!

They look spot on :)

Thanks mate!

Looks ace!

​is that standard camber?

It is knuckle head, I think I'm at -2.15 per side which is within the tolerance settings for standard, had it aligned the other month. The idea being that when you put the power down the back end squats down and the wheels straighten up a little.

On a scale of one to wedding rings, how much do you two look like a couple sitting in this with the roof down>?:cool:

My hat's badman, badmen aren't gay. Says so on the sticker.

Looks awesome rob :)

Cheers Russ, it's no ph1 but y'know?

I'm not so keen. I almost swapped a pair for mine (+ cash), but after checking out lots of images I decided against. Think spaced 108s would look better. Sorry.

53 Clio's & counting
It'll do until next ph1 ;)

On serious note I love it, I do miss a convertable and the z's are such a great package

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It is knuckle head, I think I'm at -2.15 per side which is within the tolerance settings for standard, had it aligned the other month. The idea being that when you put the power down the back end squats down and the wheels straighten up a little.

ooh, clever technical knowledge

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
How the f*ck do you not get pulled over every 100 yards wearing a hat like that?

I bet everyone that sees you thinks you've nicked that car.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How the f*ck do you not get pulled over every 100 yards wearing a hat like that?

I bet everyone that see's you thinks you've nicked that car.

Because we don't live oop norf.

However, if the fashion police were to buzz past I'd ensure he was arrested and the key thrown away.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I prefer the 108's :(

Everyone's entitled an opinion dude! As said I've still got a full set, all split down, ready for me to get to work on, so they're not gone forever. I have three sets of wheels I can chop and change with :eek:

I'm really happy with them, but knew they were going to be a bit martmite.

It's cost me around £150 to go from my quite tired 108's with budget tyres to funky fresh these, with conti's all around.

I bet everyone that sees you thinks you've nicked that car.

You cheeky fucker! Although if I'm entirely honest I do get looks constantly, just from people in other cars, or if I hammer it somewhere, I just get that "oh f**k, he must have stolen that" look.

I guess that makes sense then, just for the tyres alone. I think it's just because they're not splits, they look a bit bland in comparison to the 108s.

Really do like your Zed though. Lovely condition.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
You cheeky f**ker! Although if I'm entirely honest I do get looks constantly, just from people in other cars, or if I hammer it somewhere, I just get that "oh f**k, he must have stolen that" look.

They're probably just thinking 'WTF has he got on his head'?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I have* to say they look good!

*Or else he will come back and do a crap job of finishing the DIY in the kitchen!!