ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Zed - New Wheel Whoarage

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks great old boy, love those seats. Subtle and OEM but still very different and unique to those who are in the know.

Surely that cap makes it hard work when trying to nosh off TEG with the roof down :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They look the fuckin business.

Although I must agree, you look like you've nicked that car!

Cheers mate, I like the "I stole it" look, I hardly want to look like some old man driving around in it ;)

I don't mean the pictures are s**t, just mean ones that show the wheels off better.

:lolup:

Awesome Rob!

Much more modern looking and a proper offset, really like those.

Cheers mate, I think I'm still going to space the front 10mm, just for added amazement.

I have* to say they look good!

*Or else he will come back and do a crap job of finishing the DIY in the kitchen!!

You're not wrong.

Looks great Rob.

Next stop, ///M front bumper please.

I wish Dave, but I think a facelift bumper at least might be on the cards.

Not really a fan of these, but it looks much better. Old rims were full-gay.

LOL! Thanks, I guess.

Looks great old boy, love those seats. Subtle and OEM but still very different and unique to those who are in the know.

Surely that cap makes it hard work when trying to nosh off TEG with the roof down :)

Thanks mate, subtle is what I'm going for, next stop is actually an //M wheel I hope. Going to try and pick up as much extra cash as I can doing odd jobs on cars and stuff, sling all the money in a pot, and then buy it when I have enough. (This way I don't feel SO bad about dropping nearly £400 on a steering wheel). :eek:

As for the cap, it's there to prevent him trying it TBH.

Just FYI, that price doubles when you phone them basically.

Like them rob

Cheers matey.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks very good Robbo, well played. You still have 108s lying around though? Or just those Multi-spoke winter numbers?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
108's look more special. You have no taste.

Prick.

Looks very good Robbo, well played. You still have 108s lying around though? Or just those Multi-spoke winter numbers?

Cheers Gallister, I have a full set of 108's (of which, all four are in two pieces and no bolts are broken (quite a rare thing now days it seems)). They're going to be redone, I'm not sure whether to do them myself or pay someone though.

I also have the style 32's, which Ant and I are going to take back to metal and do BMW sparkling grey, as they'll look awesome. I can't bring myself to get rid of any :eek:

330i. E30 Touring.
That looks f**king excellent.

Like, seriously awesome.

I love 108's, but they freshen it up no end! Takes 5 years off the car!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Really like that mate does make it look a lot newer, though I am still a big 108 fan so its good you still have another set best of both worlds!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Whats your birthdate and initials mate?

My grandparents got me mine (N6 OKC) as its my birthday (November 6th) and my initials.

But you'd suit B311DER much better I suppose :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Just done some searching, your initials must be popular - no prefix plates available :(

250 ROB is coming up for £1900. Perfect, sell the Z4, buy a fezza 250 GTO - sorted.

Or.....sell the Z4, build a 250bhp PH1....now there's an idea :)

Last edited:
  330i. E30 Touring.
RS51 ZED is £599 on DVLA ATM.

So is BM51 ZED.

So is JU57 GHD (i know you can't have it, but that would be awesome)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL!

As soon as I can afford a decent 12 plate, I hope my plate is still available... ST12 ODE (literally my full surname). (Just checked, it's not, FUDGE).

I quite like the RS51 ZED though, bit pricey mind.

So many mods left to do, I need to push on with my brakes first and foremost though.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I want

W41TEY

c**t who own's it will not sell it. I gave up at £3k.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I remember hating these things. Since going out in my mates old Z4M I've wanted one! Whats the running costs like? Insurance on a 3.0i is surprisingly cheap for me!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I remember hating these things. Since going out in my mates old Z4M I've wanted one! Whats the running costs like? Insurance on a 3.0i is surprisingly cheap for me!

I was talking to your mate the other day actually, checked it was him by asking him if he knew you! (Got the 'vette now right?)

Running costs are probably the best thing about it TBH, I was saying yesterday I'm fairly sure it's no more expensive to run than my 172 other than tyres.

MPG: Average of 31 or so. 40 on motorway run.

Servicing: Cheap as piss if you do it yourself, still cheap with indy's. (Including spark plugs I managed to bring parts in at under £80)

Brakes: Mentally cheap. I fitted a whole brand new OEM spec setup for someone this weekend, and including uprated pads it cost him £220 for back and front.

Breakages: Due to age, there's a lot of second hand parts available, but the little bits and bobs really aren't pricey, i.e brake pad wear sensors £15 (two on the car), rocker cover gasket (known to let by after 100k) £28.

They're even great to modify, as the owners club is great and parts really aren't overpriced by people worried about squeezing every last penny out of their second hand items, finally, as you said, insurance is wicked £720 FC for me this year, with three years NCD.

For me, bang for buck, it's bloody awesome. Such a fun drivers car, and you can't go wrong with the top down.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome. So much better.

Ignore the poke haters. They're just annoyed that their cars have bodies too big for the chassis.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks miles better on these, Rob. I really though the standard items ruined the look of the car splits or not.

Can you please convince TEG that his current wheels are s**t and to follow in your footsteps.

​FANKS! x