ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rojer's 182

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well its been a bit of a roller coaster couple of days. I was all set to go and see the potential new car (Clio 200 with Meg engine and LSD box) and unfortunately received a message saying it has been sold :( To say im disappointed would be an understatement, i guess these things happen for a reason and maybe down the line i might find something else.

What it means for the near future is that the 182 is back on so all the suspension work will be going ahead on Monday as planned.

Well its been a bit of a roller coaster couple of days. I was all set to go and see the potential new car (Clio 200 with Meg engine and LSD box) and unfortunately received a message saying it has been sold 😧 To say im disappointed would be an understatement, i guess these things happen for a reason and maybe down the line i might find something else.

What it means for the near future is that the 182 is back on so all the suspension work will be going ahead on Monday as planned.

Ahhh that's gutting when that happens mate, been there myself a few times, you get ready to go and boom, the car sells!! Never gets less frustrating....... Think positively though, saved you a few quid and now the awesomeness can crack on with the 182 :cool:

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
More positive update today fixed my rear light! It was really bugging me as when i touched the brake the fog light was coming on the dash even when applying some throttle. If you saw my "Battery & Stop Light" thread you would see how bad the corrosion was. Ordered a replacement bulb holder and plug/loom from Renparts i believe on eBay. Today my mate soldered in on for me. We heat shrinked the wires and then taped it all up for good measure. All the lights still work and no lights on the dash so happy days :)

Before
20170615_180841.jpg

After (well thats the other side but its the same now!)

20170615_180828.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Well at least you didn't get there to find the 200 had sold. I've had that happen to me before! How much was the 200? Maybe it's a sign you should bang all those shiny bits on your 182, and then send it to ED for a low blow kit!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well at least you didn't get there to find the 200 had sold. I've had that happen to me before! How much was the 200? Maybe it's a sign you should bang all those shiny bits on your 182, and then send it to ED for a low blow kit!

Yer i guess i didn't waste much time or any fuel etc. I don't want to say much about it tbh and cause any issues. Yer like i said sometimes these things happen for a reason so im going ahead with the suspension and maybe turbo later down the line.

Not worth £9k.
Love the one u live.

Again not going to say to much on here Steve, feel free to text me. I do love the car i have it's just a long way from where i want it to be lol.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Car is in with Kev at Armstrong today, just called to check on progress. He mentioned all the rear is done and the front is in pieces. He will need more time as i suspected so it will be a pickup on Wednesday morning.

I asked Kev about the brakes and he did mention that the drivers side rear was wrong. He told me the piston was not in the right position and has a mark on it when its in the right place. Not sure if that is correct? Not sure if that would be the root cause of my braking, but he is going to continue looking.

So finish the front suspension, fix airbag light and oil and filter to go lol.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Got the car back today from Kev at Armstrong. As soon as i got in i could tell the difference. The dog bone makes the throttle response immediate and the gear change has improved. I did take it for a little drive this evening to see whats what and yer there is a big difference lol. The suspension is quite figdity and bouncy over rough surfaces or slow speeds, but it's not crashy. The damping is good. I need some more enthusiastic driving and for it to be setup fully before i can make a proper verdict. It is a lot more planted through higher speed corners and the tyres can make use of the suspension now. I never had an issue with the size of the steering wheel before, but now i could really do with a smaller one!

So yer bit of a mixed bag it is an improvement for sure, i just need to get used to it and push it a bit more. With regards to the brakes initially they were still causing the car to pull, but now i have done some more stops on them there are better and the car stops in a straight line. Again once the suspension is setup i think it will feel better.

Just a small picture from underneath and how the car is sitting currently.

20170705_111728.jpg
20170705_111738.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Great stuff, looks really good matey.......... you'll soon get used to it i'm sure :up:

I still keep thinking of a dog bone for mine, ummmm

Do it! The one i got via @imprezaworks is really nice, not that harsh. A little bit of vibration, but it goes after 1500rpm ish.

That looks stunning underneath

Thank you for the kind words, appreciate it. We will get there in the end lol.

I do have one question, are the top mounts supposed to sit flush against the strut towers? I just opened the bonnet and they are sitting above it. Not sure if it's to do with those other spacers. I have emailed Kev to see what he thinks.

PH2 172
I do have one question, are the top mounts supposed to sit flush against the strut towers? I just opened the bonnet and they are sitting above it. Not sure if it's to do with those other spacers. I have emailed Kev to see what he thinks.
Around 5MM of clearance is correct with the steering straight.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well today was an interesting day! Took the car for its MOT and wasn't expecting to find this! It was the same on both sides.

20170708_132931.jpg

As you can imagine when i saw that i was not happy and worried about the rest of it. Also had a massive gearbox oil leak. Once the MOT was done, took the car to Kev, but he wasn't there. Called Chris from Beanie and took the car straight down there, got him to spanner check everything and look at the leak. Massive thanks to Chris for helping me out today on short notice. Had a wheel bolt loose, but the rest seemed to be OK. The gearbox leak seemed to be because it was overfilled by quite a bit. We have cleaned it all so keep an eye on it and hopefully it will be fine. Checked the rest of the fluids and bolts and all seemed good. Managed to get some more pictures of the new parts.

20170708_151210.jpg
20170708_151159.jpg
20170708_151154.jpg
20170708_151147.jpg
20170708_151139.jpg
20170708_144231.jpg
20170708_144208.jpg

Megane 265, Clio 172
Hi Ryan,

I'm mortified to see this, I'm so sorry! I assure you this is not the usual quality of my work and there is no excuse for this, I have built my business up on the reputation of my work and word of mouth. I take a lot of pride in the work I do and this is clearly not acceptable. I know you've already had this rectified and please if you can email me I will happily refund any costs you have suffered today with Beaniesport due to my mistake. If I can help in any other way to make up for this please let me know.

As a side note, the gearbox is very strange. It was dry when I had it and I haven't touched the oil level or anything to do with it, to remove the hubs both of the driveshafts are left in place so draining and refilling of the gearbox is not required.

Once again Ryan I'm very sorry. I cant apologise enough for this happening and not being at work today to rectify it for you. I was in, however I left a little early as I was at work very late last night ensuring a customer got his RS Megane back for so he could spend this weekend preparing it for FCS.

Kindest Regards,
Kev

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Ryan,

I'm mortified to see this, I'm so sorry! I assure you this is not the usual quality of my work and there is no excuse for this, I have built my business up on the reputation of my work and word of mouth. I take a lot of pride in the work I do and this is clearly not acceptable. I know you've already had this rectified and please if you can email me I will happily refund any costs you have suffered today with Beaniesport due to my mistake. If I can help in any other way to make up for this please let me know.

As a side note, the gearbox is very strange. It was dry when I had it and I haven't touched the oil level or anything to do with it, to remove the hubs both of the driveshafts are left in place so draining and refilling of the gearbox is not required.

Once again Ryan I'm very sorry. I cant apologise enough for this happening and not being at work today to rectify it for you. I was in, however I left a little early as I was at work very late last night ensuring a customer got his RS Megane back for so he could spend this weekend preparing it for FCS.

Kindest Regards,
Kev

Hi Kev,

Things like this happen sometimes im just glad i caught it when i did before anything went wrong. I appreciate your apology and i was going to contact you on Monday about it. The gearbox was very strange obviously when the car was with you, you mentioned no leaks or anything and wasn't sure if the shafts came out to change the ABS rings etc. I'm not the kind of person to just sit here and slag someone off online. On another note Dan Godfrey's 200 was in an accident yesterday. I have a few little jobs i need doing so ill drop you an email and we can sort something out.

Megane 265, Clio 172
Hi Kev,

Things like this happen sometimes im just glad i caught it when i did before anything went wrong. I appreciate your apology and i was going to contact you on Monday about it. The gearbox was very strange obviously when the car was with you, you mentioned no leaks or anything and wasn't sure if the shafts came out to change the ABS rings etc. I'm not the kind of person to just sit here and slag someone off online. On another note Dan Godfrey's 200 was in an accident yesterday. I have a few little jobs i need doing so ill drop you an email and we can sort something out.
Yeah, Dan messaged me straight away :(. I had only repaired a noise on it the evening before!
I appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing from you.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Right something is defo not right with the cars suspension. Ever since its been done its so rock hard! I have made a separate thread to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/bilstein-b14-experiences.809703/

Went to see John at Go Motorsport in Aylesbury tonight, really nice guy and very knowledgeable. He looked around the car and said the same thing its way way to stiff and because we have no damper adjustment not sure what we can do. He showed me some of their race cars on Spax and has much more movement, but he did say they were cheap and cheerful.

It's going back to him on the 19th to see what we can do, but chances are might remove them and sell them and then get something else with damping adjustment.

Surprised to see this, I too always thought they were wonderful etc......... but if your not keen, you know you'll be able to get good money back for them all being well, just the hassle of sorting it all sadly

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well im not crazy! I went to see @masekwm and he took it for a little drive and instantly told me it was far stiffer then his car. Sure enough we went out in his car a little bit later and has a similar setup to mine and far comfier over the bumps, it actually absorbs them etc. I defo think its more the setup tho rather than the coilovers themselves. On a bit of smooth road they are really nice. I will go with the setup and see what happens.