ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rolling road + remap garage near me? cambridge

Clio 172 Cup
Anyone know of a garage who can do remaps and have a rolling road close to the cambridge area.

I want to get this done and did decide to go to ktec to do it, but they are 164 miles away from me which is a 3 hour drive (according to the AA route finder), need someone closer to home!

Obsessive

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
No Way! I used to live in Royston and my mate bought a
Type 2 Variant off them. I had no idea they had a rolling road!
I'd'a got me Moggie set up a bit better if I'd known.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Re Peter Baldwin, seriously good bloke.....

I think he moved onto MGs but he may have retired now, he'd won just about everything going and hes 103 years old now :rasp:

Don't you dare repeat that !!!!

Clio 172 Cup
spoke to gdi/angel works, they can supply a ecu readily remapped, but they have not got a RR. They told me i'd have to go to a place down the road for the RR, but this place down the road can't do remaps!

Obsessive

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This was my Moggie.
2 litre Fiat Twin Cam, 170 bhp.

Lovely!

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
cos apparently the 'readily remaps' are not as good as getting an individual remap and getting it done on a rolling road.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
i know peter, didn't think of him! thanks

is he still racing mini's

No Way! I used to live in Royston and my mate bought a
Type 2 Variant off them. I had no idea they had a rolling road!
I'd'a got me Moggie set up a bit better if I'd known.

Ah Ha !

you need to keep up !!!

I've known Peter for years, seriously nice bloke. He has forgotten more than some people know about cars.

Unfortunately his RR wont do 4 wheel drive :(

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
The ECU is a very mathematicle system, with the right info you can create a near perfect map to suit. At the end of the day a rolling road is a road that you drive on. Most people make out their dyno's are the dogs when really they don't have any brake system thus meaning you can't map on them only power run!

cup 182 mit stripes
Will the new road enhance your clio re-map results,Paul? I know that you've said your map is better than Super Chip one you also do.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
It will basically give me more time to setup the base maps and give the option of a more custom tune with graphs. i will certainly be looking at the different load sites more to see what we can get :)

Clio 172 Cup
so would buying an exchange readily remapped ecu unit from yourself/ktec/gdi be exactly the same as getting my unit remapped from someone.

i have heard they are self learning, but they are not as good as getting the one in the car remapped to the individual car.

i am actually completly lost in this area regarding remaps.

(i know not to go for a superchip)

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
my understanding is, it doesn't matter what eprom you map, group n, standard, superchip etc, its the actual map that counts.